Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   96 - 04 (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-04/)
-   -   Diablosport or SCT (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-04/193201-diablosport-sct.html)

MikeJones November 22nd, 2010 09:24 PM

Diablosport or SCT

The tuner I go to uses both but likes Diablosport more. I'm kinda geared more towards SCT. What are some of the pro's and cons of each? They both cost the same.

bigjohnstud4200 November 22nd, 2010 09:26 PM

their is not much of a difference, but I like the Diablo better.. not sure why.

chiefsmustang20 November 22nd, 2010 09:37 PM

i went with sct because a place in phoenix convinced me now i moved back home and no1 within 200 miles with a ruputable name uses sct

ajm November 22nd, 2010 09:38 PM

Ive used them both. started with sct went to diablo then back to sct. No particular reason other than for tuning reasons. Im not biased towards either one.

For what its worth.

Sct will load faster
Sct will save logs quicker
Sct computer software is easier to use

The diablo hand held live data and such is eaiser to use and i feel is all around better than the sct live data
Eaiser to make adjustments on the user end/little more user friendly
cons are above

Pittbull November 22nd, 2010 09:40 PM

i have SCT and i like it, real user friendly. ive heard some unsatisfied people go off about diablo but i dont have any personal experiance with it. if ur tuner likes diablo more thats what id go with mike, since he's more familair with the software

MikeJones November 22nd, 2010 10:10 PM

Thanks

SWEET2KSTANG November 22nd, 2010 10:18 PM

i like the diablo as well, especially for end user stuff. the sct is quicker and is a plus. its personal preference. both will do the same, both are good tuners, and is a win/win if you go with either. if your tuner favors diablo, i suggest to go with that.

Trick Tuners November 22nd, 2010 11:00 PM

I like them both, but i sell the diablos for $70 less than the SCT. If i were i customer, it would be diablo for sure. I put the same tunes on both of them.
and this
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajm (Post 3324236)
Ive used them both. started with sct went to diablo then back to sct. No particular reason other than for tuning reasons. Im not biased towards either one.

For what its worth.

Sct will load faster
Sct will save logs quicker
Sct computer software is easier to use

The diablo hand held live data and such is eaiser to use and i feel is all around better than the sct live data
Eaiser to make adjustments on the user end/little more user friendly
cons are above

MikeJones November 23rd, 2010 12:43 PM

Does diablo offer a 2-step?

Trick Tuners November 23rd, 2010 01:51 PM

I'm not sure, but considering all the troubles i've had with the sct 2 step not leaving the first step, i wouldn't try it. Unless you have a turbo its not needed.

tbirdscwd November 23rd, 2010 02:24 PM

The 2-step can be written into any tune using any tuner (except un-modified automatic cars). Had nothing to do with the hardware. If you have a tuner that uses Diablo, I would use that hands down over the SCT. The Diablo has a ton of upsides including being easier to use and offers better datalogging, but the real only downside to is is that most custom tuners do not use it (a cost thing from what I hear).

Since you tuner already uses it, there is really no downside. I would definitely go Diablo if I were you.

Pittbull November 23rd, 2010 07:28 PM

i hate the 2 step on my sct... just sounds like my engine is gunna explode

tbirdscwd November 23rd, 2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittbull (Post 3326734)
i hate the 2 step on my sct... just sounds like my engine is gunna explode

You holding the throttle all the way floored? If so, try holding it just enough to reach the limited rpm. Instead of the rpm bouncing like a basketball, it will just rapidly stutter just like an MSD box.

Pittbull November 23rd, 2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd (Post 3326751)
You holding the throttle all the way floored? If so, try holding it just enough to reach the limited rpm. Instead of the rpm bouncing like a basketball, it will just rapidly stutter just like an MSD box.

hell no im not flooring it! just barely giving it throttle until the limit. but when it gets to the limited rpm it just dont sound good.. idk maybe im weird hah

MikeJones November 24th, 2010 12:50 AM

I won't be getting a dyno tune for a few years since I don't really need one. I just wanna be able to do some stuff myself and i've wanted a 2-step.

tbirdscwd November 24th, 2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones16 (Post 3327685)
I won't be getting a dyno tune for a few years since I don't really need one. I just wanna be able to do some stuff myself and i've wanted a 2-step.

Well, in your first post you said you currently go to a tuner that prefers Diablo. having him make you a tune with a 2-step and loading it into your software takes about 5 min. Very easy. If you buy the tuner from him, he will most likely do it for free.