o/r/h & 2 chamber flowmasters imo.

MM BRACKET RACING CREW CO-FOUNDER

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............12.73 @ 112........d/r only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Regular

I love my bassani O/R x with Flowmaster Force II's.

Very loud and deep. Alot of people think I have LT's lol.
post #23 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

ugh....i cant even decide idk what to do!!!!

03 Termi Wheels with 315 nt555r's, 4.10 gears, sct tuner, Brenspeed Custom Tune, JLT True Cold Air Intake, Trickflow 75mm t/b and Plenum, Mac Longtube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, Steeda Lowering Springs, and Mach 1 Chin Spoiler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I want Stingers, but I'm good with the Flowmasters and BBK O/R X right now. I just don't know how long I'll be able to hang on to my exhaust system with these POS roads in Delaware.

Already ripped my passenger side muffler off in a parking lot. Ripped the clamp right over the flange of the X pipe. Had to have a friend beat out the flange, bolt it up, and do some spot welding for extra security. I just hope my X pipe is in decent shape still, never got a chance to see the damage. Oh well, I can always hack the flanges off of my catted X, and have them welded on to the O/R X.

OP, go for Stingers! IMO they are the best sounding, very loud too. I kind of want LM1s, but it'd be ridiculously loud to drive every day, plus I'd like to have the tone of the stingers.

YN Silver '01 GT - Main money pit
Black '01 GT - Racecar
'92 E36 BMW 325i - $500 daily driver
'86 Camaro - Sitting in a shed torn apart
'13 Kawasaki ZX-6R - Sold, too fast, want a Harley
'11 E92 BMW 328i xDrive Coupe 6MT - Daily luxury
post #25 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

ya theres no doubt that borla is the best sounding system but they already no that so the prices are insane

03 Termi Wheels with 315 nt555r's, 4.10 gears, sct tuner, Brenspeed Custom Tune, JLT True Cold Air Intake, Trickflow 75mm t/b and Plenum, Mac Longtube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, Steeda Lowering Springs, and Mach 1 Chin Spoiler.
post #26 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
AM has them for I think 589. That's not really that bad, considering just since December, I've spent over 800 at AM.

Black '01 GT - Racecar
post #27 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

ya thats still pretty high though...they should just hand them out for free for like 1 week haha

post #28 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I know what you mean. I'd probably order some Stingers if I didn't have to hold on to my money. I'm on the look out for a T56 since my TR3650 is a big sissy.

I keep telling myself I should just buy a liter bike if I want to go fast.

Black '01 GT - Racecar
post #29 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Regular

nothing sounds better than an offroad pro chamber with flows (for me flow 40s). It's just the classic muscle car tone...NOTE: Mac cat back is similair

I don't care for those lm1's. I personally haven't heard a car with them that I think sounds ok...but again it's all opinion

Bought New By Me
2000 GT T56

SSBC 8 piston Fronts/Wilwood rr*Patriot Stge II Heads*VT stge II's*NOVI 1k*METH*Reichard Intake*Mafia*MM Subs*Vogtland Springs*Koni's*255 lph Pmp w/ Bst Pump*Shortys*ProChamber Magnapacks*MSD COP'S*MM CC Plates*4.11
post #30 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

see i think flows sound wierd on the mod motor...to me they sound super fluttery imo

post #31 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Hm, yeah. But, I like mine. Bought the Mustang with them, so I don't care.

Black '01 GT - Racecar
post #32 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

ya i got mine totally stock and i want mine to be like its own. i dont want what everyone else has but to each his own

post #33 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGt03 View Post
ya i want the stingers so bad but with that ill be up over like $1000 just for exhaust setup

look on amazon. i found my stingers on there for $530 shipped. I checked and as long as you keep the receipt it still comes with the million mile warranty. But as said before, mac off road h and borla stingers sound amazing. as soon as i get enough i'm getting a a mac o/r h to go with my stingers

Black Stang Crew #Coorslight

BONER CREW EMPLOYEE #3 - RECEIVING DEPARTMENT

[CUMYUM!]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
i like pee pees i guess too
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
post #34 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I know the feeling of wanting to be original. But you know what, just the 18" FR500 wheels and tires were about 19% of the total cost that I bought mine for, so I didn't mind not buying it stock. Better him spending $1,000+ on wheels and tires I wanted anyway, than me.

I wanted either chrome 17" 03-04 Cobras, or FR500s, either anthracite or black. I'm glad the choice was made for me, because I would have regretted chrome on a silver car. Chrome looks really good against a black car, sonic blue, some laser red cars. But, black is just so much cleaner.

Black '01 GT - Racecar
post #35 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

well i got those cobra wheels you wanted haha and to kohrs i got the mac lts and o/r H all i need is the stingers part haha

post #36 of 45 Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:05 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt
i like my macs.if i didnt have them i would have either borla or spintech

post #37 of 45 Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
I want Stingers, but I'm good with the Flowmasters and BBK O/R X right now. I just don't know how long I'll be able to hang on to my exhaust system with these POS roads in Delaware.

Already ripped my passenger side muffler off in a parking lot. Ripped the clamp right over the flange of the X pipe. Had to have a friend beat out the flange, bolt it up, and do some spot welding for extra security. I just hope my X pipe is in decent shape still, never got a chance to see the damage. Oh well, I can always hack the flanges off of my catted X, and have them welded on to the O/R X.

OP, go for Stingers! IMO they are the best sounding, very loud too. I kind of want LM1s, but it'd be ridiculously loud to drive every day, plus I'd like to have the tone of the stingers.
LM1s aren't really that loud if you drive, shift around 2k. Unless your get above 75 on the freeway (sotck gears)

My 2003 GT Project

Carolina Crew #17
Always Clean Crew
post #38 of 45 Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:36 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I have Magnaflow high flow catted X and Magnaflow catback. I love the sound and they are great quality parts. Not as loud as other options listed, but I'm a little older now and drive my car a lot.

03 Sonic Blue Terminator
post #39 of 45 Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

alright thanks for all the ideas so far guys...reps

post #40 of 45 Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLouver View Post
LM1s aren't really that loud if you drive, shift around 2k. Unless your get above 75 on the freeway (sotck gears)
Don't get me wrong, I love loud cars, hence why the second thing I bought after owning my Mustang was an offroad X pipe. I just wouldn't want to daily drive that combination on the highway with 3.73 gears. I'm at 2,000 RPM at only 60, and like to do 70-75 if I can get with a tight group of traffic that's doing the same speed.

A constant ~2,400 RPM with an offroad X and LM1s everyday just would be almost unbearable. I had to drive about 6-8 miles home with my passenger side muffler off, after a dip in a parking lot ripped it off as I previously mentioned, and talk about loud. I was trying my best to shift under and stay under 1,500 RPM.

I just wish exhaust items weren't so expensive. I've been trying to figure out what combination would give me the best clearance, and I've come down to a Bassani X pipe and of course the Stingers. A lot of people claim Bassani's X pipes give you good clearance from what I've read. I need to talk to the previous owner and see if he pulled the isolators out to get it lower, since it does squeek a little. Going up a couple tenths would make all the difference for these POS roads here.

Black '01 GT - Racecar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page