Got a q, something isnt adding up right to me - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Results are in!!!!! I have finally figured it out..... My race weight is 3354
Weights

974 FL 953 FR 57.5% front
722 LR 704 RR 42.5% back

Max HP was 243.69
Max TQ was 285.97

I cam in running the AM 93 "race" tune, this delivered the worst results (esp A/F)... then set it to stock, A/F was right on and I picked up a few ponies, then put it on to the SCT built in 93 performance tune, got 5 more ponies than any thing else.

When we put it on the scales, I was jus hoping to be in the 3400, most of the guys guesed higher,,,,, but 3354 is the ultimate reason I am running down T/a WS6's

Brokenweasel was my witness for these runs and weighing, until I can get my sheet up..

2004 2v GT--3.90's, t3650, H&R SS, 78mm TB, K&N CAI, steeda bump stop kit, HP Blues shocks and struts, soon to have a rear seat delete, light weight driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
mfj
Banned

Isn't that pretty much a typical weight for a GT? I weighed my Cobra at our track and it weighed 3460. And that's with a 60lb supercharger on top of my engine, an iron block and 4v heads.

2001 Cobra- Stroked/Poked/Cammed/Blown
1996 Cobra- CF Clutch/STS/Lowered/CAI- otherwise stock... The daily driver...

[SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Blue"]MM Cobra Club #3.4[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #23 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

everyone at the place was guessing 3500 something, I was just hoping for 3400 something, and everyone was supprised at dayton5.0performance and they are mustang only place.... so I guess not....

2004 2v GT--3.90's, t3650, H&R SS, 78mm TB, K&N CAI, steeda bump stop kit, HP Blues shocks and struts, soon to have a rear seat delete, light weight driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
mfj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedsks View Post
everyone at the place was guessing 3500 something, I was just hoping for 3400 something, and everyone was supprised at dayton5.0performance and they are mustang only place.... so I guess not....
Is anything even removed from the car to make it lighter?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #25 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

nope not a thing, just a 1/2tank of 93 oct, otherwise stock, CAI, H pipe,78mmTB, Magnaflow exhaust, 3.90 gears.... all I can think of at the moment... Spare tire even still in...

post #26 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
mfj
Banned

Quote:
nope not a thing, just a 1/2tank of 93 oct, otherwise stock, CAI, H pipe,78mmTB, Magnaflow exhaust, 3.90 gears.... all I can think of at the moment... Spare tire even still in...
Okay so that's what I thought. That is pretty much how much they are supposed to weigh. I assume that the WS6 that you raced is the shitty LT1 and is probably lacking maintenance (ie, bad plugs) so it is probably running like crap too. I can definitely see you beating him if that's the case. People see "Ws6" and automatically think LS1, which of course any stock LS1 car will blow the doors off of a bolt on 2v, both having equal drivers. Which makes it more ironic that you have TA Killa in your signature lol. A little cocky, are we?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #27 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

put it this way im pushing 373 to the wheels with 4:10s and im taking bolt on ls1s (cai, tune, and headers) by only a few cars lengths. if it was an ls1 that you were racing something mustve been wrong with it or he cant drive for shit
post #28 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

its runs great is one of the last models of the WS6 and it is in superb running condition.... I think my best mod is the driver mod

I have also kept up with some other WS6's as well, as for the sig....

post #29 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

this thread bores me...street racing is for nubs

btw your dyno pull and weight is right on track for mods listed...your friend needs to learn how to drive
post #30 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
mfj
Banned

Quote:
its runs great is one of the last models of the WS6 and it is in superb running condition.... I think my best mod is the driver mod

I have also kept up with some other WS6's as well, as for the sig....
That makes no sense. Even a n00b shitty driver in a WS6 would be able to beat a bolt on 2v stang. Unless you raced like 0-40. I doubt it is in "superb running condition". Driver mod on an underpowered 2v? Anyone can bang gears and with the power you are making, it's not like it would be so hard to keep the tires from spinning. And I don't know your definition of keeping up with other LS1 WS6's but I am starting to notice a nasty smell...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #31 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

ok, well, before we start to get nasty on here, next time I run my bro in his WS6, I will vid cam it, ok....

post #32 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
MM elder

Quote:
ok, well, before we start to get nasty on here, next time I run my bro in his WS6, I will vid cam it, ok....
why don't you just make it easy on all of us & take both cars to the track (hell even just take yours then you'll see where your at ET wise & compare)

MM BRACKET RACING CREW CO-FOUNDER

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............12.73 @ 112........d/r only
post #33 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

We close course it at the SCCA events, cause he is a bitch and is afraid that he will blow his limited slip (total weak part on his car, confirmed) so he is afraid of breaking on a hard launch.... So I will consider this tread closed until I upload a u tube of me pulling on him.... Or I take it to the track.... Am going with brokenweasel soon anyway for some initial times since neither of us have been to a drag strip before...

post #34 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfj View Post
Okay so that's what I thought. That is pretty much how much they are supposed to weigh. I assume that the WS6 that you raced is the shitty LT1 and is probably lacking maintenance (ie, bad plugs) so it is probably running like crap too. I can definitely see you beating him if that's the case. People see "Ws6" and automatically think LS1, which of course any stock LS1 car will blow the doors off of a bolt on 2v, both having equal drivers. Which makes it more ironic that you have TA Killa in your signature lol. A little cocky, are we?
can i have your front runners? how did you get them to fit, im assuming you have spacers
post #35 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Regular

How bout you have someone besides the WS6 owner drive his car and see what the results are.

1997 Mustang GT
04 PI 2V, bolt ons, gears, tune
255/292

www.covertmotorsports.net
post #36 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Yay we will be noobs at the drag strip together! baha ha ha ha Its gonna be fun, just wait until you see all the rednecks running lifted cummin's in the 12's. There are some interesting cars at test'n'tune, thats for sure!

P.S. whats with all the hate? Assuming its a POS WS6? these guys know each other, I think they'd know if the car was running poorly and I couldn't imagine cedsks doing ANY sort of silly street racing. If you don't have anything nice to say...
post #37 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenweasel View Post
Yay we will be noobs at the drag strip together! baha ha ha ha Its gonna be fun, just wait until you see all the rednecks running lifted cummin's in the 12's. There are some interesting cars at test'n'tune, thats for sure!

P.S. whats with all the hate? Assuming its a POS WS6? these guys know each other, I think they'd know if the car was running poorly and I couldn't imagine cedsks doing ANY sort of silly street racing. If you don't have anything nice to say...
Thanks bro.... Hit me up when u are ready for the track.....

post #38 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Banned

it's not hate toward the OP...it's hate toward racing in a non track setting.
post #39 of 53 Old March 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Regular

Why not race another t/a at the track? Beating just one does not make you a 't/a killa', I have a hard time believing a bolt on 2v is faster than an ls1
post #40 of 53 Old March 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzdirtbikes144 View Post
Why not race another t/a at the track? Beating just one does not make you a 't/a killa', I have a hard time believing a bolt on 2v is faster than an ls1
Just an fyi for the mustang non-believers...I have personally raced BONE stock ls1's at the track and in the 1/8 they run consistent 8.7's here in TX. Thats where Im at and I dont even have upper/lower c/a, alluminum flywheel and d/s that can still be done that will improve et's and most def be faster than a mere 8.7 (once again in the 1/8th...its all we have..so its all can compare to)

So a bolted up mustang gt against a crappy driver bone stock lsanything..is def possible

C&L CAI, 75 TB, Plenum, O/R H Pipe, SLP LM1's (Dumped), Eibach SS, Tokico S/S, Moser 31 Splines, Cobra Diff, FRPP 410's, XCal 3 93 Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page