Got a q, something isnt adding up right to me - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 53 Old March 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
mfj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takiller View Post
Just an fyi for the mustang non-believers...I have personally raced BONE stock ls1's at the track and in the 1/8 they run consistent 8.7's here in TX. Thats where Im at and I dont even have upper/lower c/a, alluminum flywheel and d/s that can still be done that will improve et's and most def be faster than a mere 8.7 (once again in the 1/8th...its all we have..so its all can compare to)

So a bolted up mustang gt against a crappy driver bone stock lsanything..is def possible
But you got 4.10 gears, which are worth more to your ET than any of the other mods that you say that you lack. OP doesn't have 4.10's... Again, something is starting to stink.

2001 Cobra- Stroked/Poked/Cammed/Blown
1996 Cobra- CF Clutch/STS/Lowered/CAI- otherwise stock... The daily driver...

[SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Blue"]MM Cobra Club #3.4[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 Old March 21st, 2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfj View Post
But you got 4.10 gears, which are worth more to your ET than any of the other mods that you say that you lack. OP doesn't have 4.10's... Again, something is starting to stink.
got 3.90s is that close enough?

2004 2v GT--3.90's, t3650, H&R SS, 78mm TB, K&N CAI, steeda bump stop kit, HP Blues shocks and struts, soon to have a rear seat delete, light weight driveshaft.
post #43 of 53 Old March 21st, 2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Originally Posted by takiller
Just an fyi for the mustang non-believers...I have personally raced BONE stock ls1's at the track and in the 1/8 they run consistent 8.7's here in TX. Thats where Im at and I dont even have upper/lower c/a, alluminum flywheel and d/s that can still be done that will improve et's and most def be faster than a mere 8.7 (once again in the 1/8th...its all we have..so its all can compare to)

So a bolted up mustang gt against a crappy driver bone stock lsanything..is def possible

Quote:
But you got 4.10 gears, which are worth more to your ET than any of the other mods that you say that you lack. OP doesn't have 4.10's... C.
MFJ, since u dont believe me and am totaly focused on dismissing all of my honest question about the cars and why this is happening. Here is some proof.

I do infact have 3.90s

Here is the GPS of my friends crappy WS6 on the last open airstrip runs, top speed check it, man does his WS6 suck for speed...

if you are still so convinced that "things are starting to stink" please dont keep on me for this... My OP had a reason, I was trying to figure something out that didnt make sense to me.... So please if u have any usefull info, by all means, but if u still need more proof or am a non-believer, leave this tread be man, I am just trying to find my answer.... No hard feelings man MFJ...

2004 2v GT--3.90's, t3650, H&R SS, 78mm TB, K&N CAI, steeda bump stop kit, HP Blues shocks and struts, soon to have a rear seat delete, light weight driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
mfj
Banned

You never mentioned the gears. That would make the difference...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #45 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedsks View Post
I have a K&N cold air, 78mm TB, catback exhaust, and 3.90 gears and a email tune (SCT) for 93 oct...
thaz de ferst poast, man
post #46 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Thats not necessarily true

you take away my 4.10's and give me stock gearing again and give me the upper and lower c/a with the alluminum d/s & f/w and I would def run faster than if I just had gears. I dont want to argue with you but clear that up. Let the suspension guys chime in if you dont believe me but its true...people forget how much drivetrain and suspension mods do for our cars

C&L CAI, 75 TB, Plenum, O/R H Pipe, SLP LM1's (Dumped), Eibach SS, Tokico S/S, Moser 31 Splines, Cobra Diff, FRPP 410's, XCal 3 93 Tune
post #47 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
mfj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takiller View Post
Thats not necessarily true

you take away my 4.10's and give me stock gearing again and give me the upper and lower c/a with the alluminum d/s & f/w and I would def run faster than if I just had gears. I dont want to argue with you but clear that up. Let the suspension guys chime in if you dont believe me but its true...people forget how much drivetrain and suspension mods do for our cars
I disagree. A set of sticky tires and some steep gears will net you a lot more than just suspension mods on an underpowered 2v. There have been plenty of stock suspension stangs in the tens.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #48 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Regular

This is so stupid

1997 Mustang GT
04 PI 2V, bolt ons, gears, tune
255/292

www.covertmotorsports.net
post #49 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
I disagree. A set of sticky tires and some steep gears will net you a lot more than just suspension mods on an underpowered 2v. There have been plenty of stock suspension stangs in the tens.
eehh there have been stock mustang in the tens but thats not the same as what your saying.....Your saying that gears and tires will outdo the gain you would get with the susp mods I mentioned and thats just not the truth. There have been stock stangs in the very high 12's and low 13's with just suspension/ drivetrain mods, show me which gear and tire combo will do that?

C&L CAI, 75 TB, Plenum, O/R H Pipe, SLP LM1's (Dumped), Eibach SS, Tokico S/S, Moser 31 Splines, Cobra Diff, FRPP 410's, XCal 3 93 Tune
post #50 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01 View Post
This is so stupid
Whats stupid?

We're just discussing the topic at hand and we got a lil sidetrack...no biggie

What have you brought to the conversation at hand?

post #51 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
MM Fanatic

Cedsks, nice to know what my numbers must be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko2 View Post
Sometimes when I defecate I use my old play-doh shapes and hold them gently up to my anus. I make poo shapes and present them to my friends and close family.
post #52 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikirish View Post
Cedsks, nice to know what my numbers must be
Yea, I had a nice little pull on you that first time, pretty even second time, thanks for the support, BTW to get back on the OT, got any ideas?

post #53 of 53 Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
MM Fanatic

I was in 3rd the first time lol. As to ideas, I dint think theirs anything hidden. My motor has been torn apart and it's the stock intervals including cams and we have similar bolt ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko2 View Post
Sometimes when I defecate I use my old play-doh shapes and hold them gently up to my anus. I make poo shapes and present them to my friends and close family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page