Diablosport Tune Without Dyno? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Diablosport Tune Without Dyno?

So heres my babe in a nutshell: MMR Street Mod 750SE 4.75 Liter 2V Longblock (up to 750 RWHP) Entry level forged MMR Street Mod 750 4.75 liter stroker shortblock with Forged Manley Pistons, 4340 Forged I-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, fully balanced 03/O4 Cobra Block, Ford Motorsport PI heads and cams, MMR/Felpro head gaskets, New factory Ford Motorsport Valves, Comp cam Springs, retainers, lifters, roller followers with factory PI cams professionally timed/degreed with new timing chains,guides, tensioners and a Ford Racing High Volume oil pump.

Professional Products Typhoon Power Plus+ Intake Manifold with 75mm Throttle body and Plenum, BBK Cold Air, Diablosport Predator tuner, Diablosport MAFia,180 Degree Thermostat, 2"Fluidyne High Performance Aluminum Radiator, Mac Chrome Radiator Hose Kit, Optima Red Cap Battery, Centreforce Dual Friction Clutch, BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, Flowmaster Super 44's, Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors.

Compression is 9:5:1 (Kept it here for future forced Induction)
Notched Pistons

Cosmetic: Chrome With No Amber Aftermarket Headlights.

: Question is for my motor what is the best tune to set with my Diablosport Predator tuner? Just the basic HP Tune or should i play with a few parameters? I just dont have the hundreds of dollars for the dyno right now. I havent changed the fuel system or injectors yet. Also is it worth getting the interface kit for to plug into my laptop or send Diablosport my parts specs to make a custom tune as they talk about?

Im into high speed chase play and im First On Race Day!
Roughneckin aint eazy but some poor tough bastards gotta do it!

2000 GT - MMR 4.75 (750SE)
2013 GMC Sierra - 5.3L Vortec
2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i

Last edited by MacDizzle; December 4th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Your motor is stock...

Your going to be so dissapointed when you put it in and it hardly feels any different then before..

Mod6 Eagle Melling
Bigbore Bullet Cams Meziere
Kooks Probe Pistons
Thanks to NA SVT and NeverEnough

post #3 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

edit: what in the world. your car is completely built but no cams or anything lol. yeah it will be little quicker than stock. could have really used a blower and cams. or n/a cams and nitrous or something lol

99 Gt Auto Fr500s,Stalker hood,Tuner, pretty stock for now. 4.10s soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

If anything it'll feel slower with that low end robbing intake manifold

Mod6 Eagle Melling
Kooks Probe Pistons

post #5 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

i am aware of this lol

ya im aware i could have used heads and cams but when you dont have 10 grand you dont have 10 grand lol. That would have cost thousands more. So my question is, the Diablo HP Tune or should i increase my fuel spray etc a bit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KV007 View Post
edit: what in the world. your car is completely built but no cams or anything lol. yeah it will be little quicker than stock. could have really used a blower and cams. or n/a cams and nitrous or something lol

post #6 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

LOL So far from stock its not even funny.

um not even close to stock. I dont know if you noticed but your stock 4.6 is not made of forged internals bud and its a stroked 475. You are right about the stock as far as this is my stock settings for this motor but wait a couple years and we will see whos running stock. This is a new start on steroids. Im happy as shit to be running a new stock MMR until i put a new fuel system, injectors, Supercharger and cams!Good bye to that old motor thank you god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
Your motor is stock...

Your going to be so dissapointed when you put it in and it hardly feels any different then before..

post #7 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

As far as Power adding mods you'll be close to stock. And yeah you will be happy with the good start for a motor, But I wouldn't treat it any different then a stock one. Your not running anything worth of a dyno tune and the basic tune on your predator will be enough..

Ps. I'll be making more N/A then half the people on this site are making boosted by summer. Just Saying.

Mod6 Eagle Melling
Kooks Probe Pistons

post #8 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDizzle View Post
um not even close to stock. I dont know if you noticed but your stock 4.6 is not made of forged internals bud and its a stroked 475. You are right about the stock as far as this is my stock settings for this motor but wait a couple years and we will see whos running stock. This is a new start on steroids. Im happy as shit to be running a new stock MMR until i put a new fuel system, injectors, Supercharger and cams!Good bye to that old motor thank you god.
Ok so I have a couple questions about this whole deal, first off do you have a different engine in your car right now? Then there's always the question, if you're building your engine, why don't you have a different car to drive until it's complete? It seems as if you got halfway to a built engine and are getting impatient and want to see what it'll do. That mind-set never ends well.

There's also a few problems with your setup, like if you're building an engine, who in the hell goes this far without heads or cams?? And also, if I were you the first thing I would have done even before building the engine is building a nice fuel system that can handle this setup. But honestly I'm afraid MikeJones is right, you're probably going to be slower than stock...

The whole idea of planning this kind of stuff out is so that you don't run out of money to do the REALLY IMPORTANT stuff, like getting a dyno tune, or building a fuel system.

K&N CAI, Custom 2.5"-3" Y Pipe, Single Cherrybomb dump Muffler, Custom Sub-Frame Connectors, Lowered 1in, Full Stereo
Exhaust Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTsF...pNZDL9TyDQEc3T
post #9 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

If you got notched pistons i'll ship you some trickflow cams for 300$

Mod6 Eagle Melling
Kooks Probe Pistons

post #10 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

yeah but right now he could slap a supercharger on there and be making shitloads of power.. he just has his motor built and ready, most people that supercharge theirs then say fuck when they hit the 400whp max and want more

99 Gt Auto Fr500s,Stalker hood,Tuner, pretty stock for now. 4.10s soon
post #11 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

He can barely afford the motor he just got how on earth is he suppposed to just come up with money for a s/c and fuel system and tune?
The reason why he got the motor in the first place is cause his stock one blew up or something if i remember right.

Mod6 Eagle Melling
Kooks Probe Pistons

post #12 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Cmon guys be friends/ Your both right.

Yes, first blew motor. Found out my whole motor was madly sludgy and warped from overheating etc and no maintenance prior to my owning. So correct Im out of money and I bought the MMR motor within hours of the old motor being a code black. lol So ya $300 is super cheap for trickflow cams, may i ask where they came from and whats their deal. Yes the pistons are notched for a reason and my plan prior to all of this was to build a super strong motor from the botom up. It didnt make sense to dump power via super charging into an already problematic motor. MMR saved the day. I was only asking if I could benefit from more of a tune than the Diablo HP tune. thanks guys! lol I dont understand how people knowingly dump all of that money in to a stock botom end when it cant take the abuse. My thought has always been to build it for added stress and abuse then ram a blower in its ass. Everyone told me that although it would not allow for max gains to go with the factory PI head and cams that tons of people are running these heads with 600+ HP, thats why I just did the best i could afford and tossed in the comp cam springs for now also. Does anyone know how hard it will be axactly to add different cams with my pistons being notched?
Quote:
He can barely afford the motor he just got how on earth is he suppposed to just come up with money for a s/c and fuel system and tune?
The reason why he got the motor in the first place is cause his stock one blew up or something if i remember right.

Last edited by MacDizzle; December 4th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

you got it.

the point is when i can put my Vortech V7 on its over for the haters. No more games. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by KV007 View Post
yeah but right now he could slap a supercharger on there and be making shitloads of power.. he just has his motor built and ready, most people that supercharge theirs then say fuck when they hit the 400whp max and want more

post #14 of 15 Old December 4th, 2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Correct MIKE JOOOONES

Correct you are Mike WHo? Mike JONES!
Quote:

post #15 of 15 Old December 5th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

You can only do what you can only do, and that's good enough! LOL Good job man I would have done the same thing except I would have kept the stock manifold. Some Trickflow heads and a good set of cams will really wake it up.

02 GT- TF TB/ upper, Basanni cat back, steeda triax, steeda UDP,MAC CAI, Vogtland springs, Steeda SFC, Poly bushings,KYB shocks/struts, MM CC plates, Steeda bump steer, Chrome Cobra R's, Aluminum DS, 04 Cobra brakes, Steeda FLSC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page