Modded Mustang Forums banner

Cobra Bumper Swap Questions...

14K views 78 replies 17 participants last post by  Kyle 
#1 ·
Besides the Bumper Cover, Fogs, Bezels, and Bulbs.. what else is needed to swap my GT bumper cover over to a Cobra?

Still deciding between 99-01 or 03-04..

FREE CHANCE TO POST PICS OF GT'S WITH COBRA BUMPERS..

(Extra Rep Given to DSG's with Black Wheels, and STOCK GT hoods ;)

#2 · (Edited)
That's it... it's a direct swap I've done it, with a gt hood there will be a little extra gap between the bumper and hood but its not really noticeable.

#21 ·
Yeah, I believe the contour of the bumpers is different. If you want it to function correctly you'd need the Cobra one. Then again it is just styrofoam, and you can likely get away with re-using the GT one. Give it a test fit and see how close it is. They may be different, but not different enough to warrant getting a new one.

...and I'm not running one at all. Stupid PO. :banghead

#34 ·
Not against it i just think its dumb, each car has its special meaning why are you going to show it off as something its not, with the money you spend cloning it you could have maybe bought the car you wanted or at least make it faster then it

#42 ·
And if your car is faster then mines and it has all those termi parts, then you must have spent a little over 2k in your car plus the price of your gt if you got it with decent mileage which will be around 7-9k plus that money you put in its gunna be close to 12k and thats not that far from a higher mileage termi in the Tampa area ive seen them as cheap as 12.5 to 14k with less then 100,000 miles

And on your sig you have a supercharger so if your car is supercharged then you spent over an easy 4k with parts including performance,cosmetics,and installation which idc about all i said was i dont like misbdaging

#51 ·
Again im just talking about misbadging lol not building it, everyone builds there car, so jsz how do you feel.about misbadging and his car is badass never said its not

#55 ·
I am just trying to get you to understand that you need to sit back and think before making a comment like that. Its on a public board where LOTS of people are going to read it like I did. Seat back and think man, you pretty much said a TON of cars on this board along with anywhere else are dumb. Try to be a bit more open minded.

The whole "disgrace" post on the first page is also another example. Open statements like that are very rude. We are all on here for the same reason/hobby.

#64 ·
And i was talking about a bone stock termi the car he is trying to show his car off as with the badges, if he would have had gt emblems instead of those cobra.emblems this argument would have.never happened lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.