Modded Mustang Forums banner

Funky sound.

2K views 54 replies 8 participants last post by  ShadowTheory 
#1 ·
New motor. MMR longblock. Ideas of what the issue might be? :bubba: yay...now I get to wait another month before I can drive my car.

Appreciate it fellas.

See less See more
#4 ·
I've had horrible luck trying to pinpoint knocks/bangs in modulars as the harmonics are horrible. Those timing chains route noise all over the damned place. I'd pull it apart before I sent it back and I paid that much for shipping. Hate the bad luck for you though.

#5 ·
I would if my car was remotely close to me. Its sitting in a shop two hours away because I was in school when my engine decided to take a **** on me and didnt have time to do any real work myself. I could have a loval machine shop take a look but that could potentially be hit and miss. It would also void mmrs warranty. I appreciate the sympathy.

#15 ·
No sound here at work so no help from me. I'll take a listen when I get home but doubt I'll still be able to help.:facepalm:

Keep us posted on what you find out thou. I'm planning to buy a MMR shortblock in about 2 weeks and would like to know what's up. BTW, if it $1k to ship round trip from KC I'll probably **** myself when I see the shipping charge 1 way to NY. :baller:

#16 ·
Oh I appreciate any advice/opinions/help I can get man. They were verrrryyy far behind. I don't know if they still are but if time is something on your mind it'd be something I consult. I'd also snag the extended warranty if I could do this over again. It covers shipping ffs.

#17 ·
Well with winter upon us and my garage being nothing more then a tent for a car, time isn't too rushed. I'd be happy with the middle to end of March for a delevery date. I'll be contacting them at the start of next week to see what's what.

#19 ·
I think it took around 4 months for me. I'm just really impatient :dunno. Anyways I'm thinking of calling the shop and asking them to let it run for x amount of time to see if the sound subsides? Perhaps if it doesn't I'll see about a compression test..?

#26 ·
Thanks :beer yeah I timed your video and it was 25 sec give or take. The only thing I would be scared of is it should only take 12-15 sec to get oil. I've had my turbo off, both valve covers and timing covers off and tripped the ineria switch to double check. thats if it's even an oil problem though. Hopefully nothing to do with cams. Do you still have your old block?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.