What other pieces will I still need? (Supercharger related) - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
RedFire Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,015
       
iTrader: 6 reviews
What other pieces will I still need? (Supercharger related)

Like title states.
I've currently got these on the way:MAFia, 42# injectors, 3 pulleys, and a 6" crank pulley (no idea what this is for, but I got it for free), and a v1 t trim(pics below)
These are what I had in mind
powerpipe: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ower-pipe.html
Bracket and mounting: Vortech 2000-2004 Mustang 4.6L Mounting Bracket Assembly [V4FL111-031] - $279.00 : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power
Intercooler: http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...y_Code=ICDK300
And a fuel pump from kurgan.

Here is what is coming with the v1:


And pic of impeller. Does it look ok?



What else will I be needing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.


RedFire Venom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 129
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
oil feed and return line

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

nevermind i see it in ur pic

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

i guess spark plugs and a tune. everything u have listed looks good to me. someone else will help more

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

filter
Jmfasc is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Hooo Ha Ha
 
sharkbait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pasadena MD
Posts: 11,354
                     
iTrader: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sharkbait
Shoot me a PM and I'll set you up with the bracket, fuel pump and inter cooler for a great price


853rwhp @ 23psi
75mm Turbo 5.4 swap E85
#turbo2v

10.11 @ 138mph STOCK LONGBLOCK
9.11 @ 149mph - New Longblock /w Powerglide

www.JPCracing.com 410-729-0005 ext. 11

PM me if you need any parts or advice!
sharkbait is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Mustang_Girl_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 5,410
         
iTrader: 38 reviews
Boost gauge




Procharger P1sc| 2 core| 353hp/347tq| Mac lt's| lethal x| slp lm1| 75mm tb/plenum| 4.10's| lca| flsfc| h&r's

Oh ya, and female owned and driven!

Sonic Blue Crew
Mustang_Girl_32 is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Froush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jackson, Mi
Posts: 5,175
                   
iTrader: 8 reviews
You dont really need a boost gauge. I would much rather have a wideband or even oil/fuel pressure over boost gauge. Boost will just tell you whether or not the blower is working correctly. The other gauges will tell you when something is wrong. Which i would be more worried about. I personally have the aeroforce interceptor gauge with wideband and a separate boost gauge

"Happiness is being blown and stroked at the same time"
V6 => Teksid 302 stroker
Caitlyn Jenner swapped
My Build Thread click link
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...shs-build.html
Froush is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
RedFire Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,015
       
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Girl_32 View Post
Boost gauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froush View Post
You dont really need a boost gauge. I would much rather have a wideband or even oil/fuel pressure over boost gauge. Boost will just tell you whether or not the blower is working correctly. The other gauges will tell you when something is wrong. Which i would be more worried about. I personally have the aeroforce interceptor gauge with wideband and a separate boost gauge
I was going to grab boost and a/f for the column pod I bought the following week since I'm broke now

A wideband is "better" than the traditional a/f right? Will the plain a/f get me by for a while?

I'll be grabbing a fuel pressure and (undecided) gauge once I get my gauge cluster pod.


You guys think I should buy the fittings for the oil pan drain/feed? I know he's sending the hoses but I'm not sure what fittings come with it. If I have to wait a week over that I'll be

And how does the impeller look? Decent/working shape? Whts the crank pulley for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.


RedFire Venom is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 129
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFire Venom View Post
I was going to grab boost and a/f for the column pod I bought the following week since I'm broke now

A wideband is "better" than the traditional a/f right? Will the plain a/f get me by for a while?

I'll be grabbing a fuel pressure and (undecided) gauge once I get my gauge cluster pod.


You guys think I should buy the fittings for the oil pan drain/feed? I know he's sending the hoses but I'm not sure what fittings come with it. If I have to wait a week over that I'll be

And how does the impeller look? Decent/working shape? Whts the crank pulley for?
i found the fitting i needed for the feed line at an ace hardware. inot sure about the return line end but he should include that
Jmfasc is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:39 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 166
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Im also doing a build.... Subscribed to see how your build comes along. Good luck
manny is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
RedFire Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,015
       
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmfasc View Post
i found the fitting i needed for the feed line at an ace hardware. inot sure about the return line end but he should include that
I'm lazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
Im also doing a build.... Subscribed to see how your build comes along. Good luck
Thanks man ill throw together a build thread once I get everything. If I have the patience it's going to be very detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.


RedFire Venom is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 166
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFire Venom View Post
I'm lazy


Thanks man ill throw together a build thread once I get everything. If I have the patience it's going to be very detailed
Will look forward to it as I am kinda lost on the whole maf set up
manny is offline  
post #11 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
RedFire Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,015
       
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
Will look forward to it as I am kinda lost on the whole maf set up
Do you mean blow through/draw through? Or by the different MAF's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.


RedFire Venom is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 166
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I mean I have heard that I can use the stock maf with the diablosport mafia in a blow through set up
manny is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
RedFire Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,015
       
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
I mean I have heard that I can use the stock maf with the diablosport mafia in a blow through set up
Yep. Eagles is the one who persuaded me. Plus I got a great deal on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.


RedFire Venom is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 166
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
So all I need is the mafia to convert the stock maf to a blow through
manny is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 751
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
On a side note t trims have a 3 3/4 outlet for the powerpipe and the s trims have 3 1/2 measure the headunit when you get it or before you buy it and make sure you're actually getting a t trim. One thing vortech told me to do when I called
Black04Pony is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
M112'd Sixxer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wynyard, SK
Posts: 1,703
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Re: What other pieces will I still need? (Supercharger related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFire Venom View Post
I was going to grab boost and a/f for the column pod I bought the following week since I'm broke now

A wideband is "better" than the traditional a/f right? Will the plain a/f get me by for a while?
A traditional a/f gauge is a series of lights that go from yellow to green to red. Tells you nothing about your afr.

Get a wideband, they are a bit more money, but it actually tells you your afr. Most go from 10.x-17.

And a boost gauge does more than tell you if the s/c is working correctly. Its connected to a vac line so if you have a vac leak, you can see it on the gauge.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.


Garage:
1999 Mustang V6 M112 4R70W (Elise) Sponsored by Ortiz Performance
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo C510 (Rosso Rocket)
Fink is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,135
 
iTrader: 8 reviews
Your impeller does not look good....

1999 Mustang GT **Body Only** for sale with a clean title.
alivingmustang is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic
 
RedFire Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,015
       
iTrader: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black04Pony View Post
On a side note t trims have a 3 3/4 outlet for the powerpipe and the s trims have 3 1/2 measure the headunit when you get it or before you buy it and make sure you're actually getting a t trim. One thing vortech told me to do when I called
Well it's got t trim engraved on the back so I think it is reminds me I need to call with the serial # though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
A traditional a/f gauge is a series of lights that go from yellow to green to red. Tells you nothing about your afr.

Get a wideband, they are a bit more money, but it actually tells you your afr. Most go from 10.x-17.

And a boost gauge does more than tell you if the s/c is working correctly. Its connected to a vac line so if you have a vac leak, you can see it on the gauge.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.
I just want to know if I'm running lean. I'll get a wideband eventually, but I'm going to hold off for a little while.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivingmustang View Post
Your impeller does not look good....
Really? He said no shaft play and I thought it looked a little messed up. Bad idea? I haven't paid yet

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Is the impeller really that bad?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Any other input on the impeller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.


RedFire Venom is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:01 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Shaun13GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 21,024
                     
iTrader: 27 reviews
Don't use that 6" pulley. You'll make less boost. Stock is 6.5". If you want to make more boost you use an overdrive (bigger) balancer pulley.

Also like I said in a PM I would be very cautious with that blower. Looks like he ran it no filter and rocks chipped away at it. If I got it, and it would have to be for $400-500 I would send it in for a full rebuild. Which minimum is $380 for seals and bearings. Not sure how much more for the impeller.

Supercharger rebuilds sells impellers. It would be really easy to do yourself. Just make sure you torque it. If you can't find out the torque specs for the but on the impeller just ask supercharger rebuilds.


Also, wideband, you can get a new AEM On eBay for like $160. Then a boost vac gauge, I think is important. It'll tell you if your having belt slippage, or a vacuum leak.

14 Mustang GT M6 - TVS, Kooks Full Exhaust, AED Tune
11.04 @ 130.1
621/557 @ 8.6psi
Previous Cars
09 Corvette Z06 - 11.7 @ 123.5 (stock)
13 Mustang GT Bolt Ons - 11.58 @ 122.13
03 Mustang GT Vortech - 11.98 @ 118.68
Shaun13GT/CS is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Mustang_Girl_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 5,410
         
iTrader: 38 reviews
Generally people always have boost gauge, I consider it a necessity..




Procharger P1sc| 2 core| 353hp/347tq| Mac lt's| lethal x| slp lm1| 75mm tb/plenum| 4.10's| lca| flsfc| h&r's

Oh ya, and female owned and driven!

Sonic Blue Crew
Mustang_Girl_32 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome