Savvy SCT LiveWire Guys - Come On In - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old July 7th, 2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Savvy SCT LiveWire Guys - Come On In

What is the range on our FPDC live data log from the handheld tuner. 0.00 - 0.99?

Reason why im asking i know some are 0.0-0.5 x 2 = percent your pumps at. Correct?

With 0 - 1 x 100 = X% Which is what Livelink uses. Wouldnt the live view data logger thru the hand held be the same?

Some reason on Livelink its showing my two 340lph pumps are at 96% at WOT on 10lbs of boost.

Livelink is showing me 58% at idle/crusing speed. WOT 96%... which is NUTS i shouldnt be.

But thru the hand held, its 0.28 - 0.30 which is 28%-30% at idle/crusing speed.

Which guys with the same or similar setup are at these numbers. What Gives? Lol

WOT is 0.49-0.52 and obviously would be 49%-52%. Im so confused now.

LiveLink is using RTLS FPump DTYC

LiveWire shows FPDC.

Fuel Setup
RETURNLESS

60Lb Injectors
Modified FPDM W/Wire Upgrade
Cobra 03/04 hat.
2 340LPH Pumps
PPRV Delete
Aeromotive Rails W/-8AN line to stock 5/16 Line @ Firewall.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Boooooooooost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old July 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I am fairly certain on my livewire it is 0-.5 which requires doubling then multiply by 100 for fpdc.

The attached shows a piece of a log from livelink and the fpdc just needs to be multiplied by 100.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

My guess is you are only running on one pump or one of the feed lines popped. I run a single divisionX 340lph pump and at 11psi i am just at 90% or so.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Dont look at the column headers for names of the PIDS i am logging. I renamed the columns to clean it up. The pids you list are what i am logging.

SOLD : 02 Sonic Blue GT - Vortech V3-Si, Treadstone TRV25O, Tial Q, PMAS HPX MAF
SOLD : 14 Ruby Red F150 Ecoboost
15 Mustang GT PP - SCT Tune & Exhaust.
Click Here to see my 02 Vortech V3 Build Thread
post #3 of 13 Old July 8th, 2013, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sonicGT View Post
I am fairly certain on my livewire it is 0-.5 which requires doubling then multiply by 100 for fpdc.

The attached shows a piece of a log from livelink and the fpdc just needs to be multiplied by 100.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

My guess is you are only running on one pump or one of the feed lines popped. I run a single divisionX 340lph pump and at 11psi i am just at 90% or so.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Dont look at the column headers for names of the PIDS i am logging. I renamed the columns to clean it up. The pids you list are what i am logging.

Hey sonics thanks for the tips. U know a good way to test a pump other than a 9volt battery?

Dropping my tank tomorrow.

Boooooooooost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old July 8th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I do not have any experience with dual or triple setups but what i would try as a random guess is drop the tank and disconnect power one at a time from each pump then key on to confirm each primes. Obviously that proves nothing for flow.

SOLD : 02 Sonic Blue GT - Vortech V3-Si, Treadstone TRV25O, Tial Q, PMAS HPX MAF
post #5 of 13 Old July 8th, 2013, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Quote:
I do not have any experience with dual or triple setups but what i would try as a random guess is drop the tank and disconnect power one at a time from each pump then key on to confirm each primes. Obviously that proves nothing for flow.

Ya well see. Thanks bud.

Ill update tomorrow. Hopefully it's easy fix.

Boooooooooost
post #6 of 13 Old July 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Savvy SCT LiveWire Guys - Come On In-imageuploadedbyag-free1373389602.119378.jpgSavvy SCT LiveWire Guys - Come On In-imageuploadedbyag-free1373389619.340558.jpgSavvy SCT LiveWire Guys - Come On In-imageuploadedbyag-free1373389642.638775.jpg

Here is what she looks like now. Tested both pumps with priming my system they spit fuel. So I don't know what else to do.

Boooooooooost
post #7 of 13 Old July 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikeracing
Since you know the test the volume output. 1 pump at a time and see if you are close

If its a 340 lph pumps you divide by 60 to get per minute and then divide by 6 to get you a 10 second amount. Approx a 10 second run should pump 1 liter of fuel

just a question did you upgrade the wiring to the pump because i thought the dual 340 was too much power for the stock fpdm and you might be running 100 percent of what the box can put out amp wise and not your actual pumps just my 2 cents here since i dont have that much experience with the mod motor cars
post #8 of 13 Old July 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeracing View Post
Since you know the test the volume output. 1 pump at a time and see if you are close

If its a 340 lph pumps you divide by 60 to get per minute and then divide by 6 to get you a 10 second amount. Approx a 10 second run should pump 1 liter of fuel

just a question did you upgrade the wiring to the pump because i thought the dual 340 was too much power for the stock fpdm and you might be running 100 percent of what the box can put out amp wise and not your actual pumps just my 2 cents here since i dont have that much experience with the mod motor cars
Yes I have a modified fpdm I did wire upgrade from battery to 30amp fuse. Stock wiring in the hat.

Boooooooooost
post #9 of 13 Old July 9th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Premium Member

Garage
What are the supply volts at through your run? Naturally as the load increases the voltage will begin to drop. As long as it does not dip below 12.5 or so it should be sufficient.

If you are willing to drop the tank again you could try running a single pump as a comparison to see if it is indeed the fpdm capping out.

post #10 of 13 Old July 10th, 2013, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Pimp

Quote:
What are the supply volts at through your run? Naturally as the load increases the voltage will begin to drop. As long as it does not dip below 12.5 or so it should be sufficient.

If you are willing to drop the tank again you could try running a single pump as a comparison to see if it is indeed the fpdm capping out.

Ya was thinking bout that as well. I can send u a few data logs if ur interested. Just pm me ur email.

I was fine with 6 lbs of boost with one pump. Than went to 8lbs and 10lbs and all this happen. I think my second pump isn't working correctly. :/

Boooooooooost
post #11 of 13 Old July 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Well slight update.

Dropped my tank again decided to pull the pumps off and test them from a battery straight to the pump. 9 volt battery. One pump sounded pretty heathly and the other one seemed to go and lock up. Thought maybe the battery was bad. So i went ahead and tried it on the other one again and she spun great. Tried again on 2nd pump... didnt wanna turn. So i got a bigger battery. 12volt battery 4wheeler/motorcycle.

It turned but not very well.. So im guessing this pump is dying. Im sending it back to the guy i got em from to be flow tested and get the results.

Hope this is my issue and i can get it fixed. Thanks Everyone for the help.

Boooooooooost
post #12 of 13 Old July 10th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Initially I was questioning why you were running out of fuel with the single 340 pump but now I see that you are camm'd so that explains alot. 10lbs on a cam'd car is more than my 11-11lbs non-cam'd.

Sounds to me like you found the smoking gun. Good troubleshooting and good luck getting it fixed quickly.

post #13 of 13 Old July 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Pimp

Quote:
Initially I was questioning why you were running out of fuel with the single 340 pump but now I see that you are camm'd so that explains alot. 10lbs on a cam'd car is more than my 11-11lbs non-cam'd.

Sounds to me like you found the smoking gun. Good troubleshooting and good luck getting it fixed quickly.
Yes but its not much different than stock. We know turbos dont like big cams. lol

Boooooooooost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page