So i got my supercharger - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old August 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
So i got my supercharger

So my discharge pipe has a bung with an IAT sensor welded to it. since i have an 03 my IAT is already in the MAF? I have the C&L MAF setup also, but am i going to have to splice my harness to iat sensor or can i just plug up the hole?

also i have a power pipe and a 3.33? pully and a anderson power pipe, Too much boost for stock engine? I plan on running meth if that makes a difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old August 10th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Enthusiast

I just plugged the hole

RET tuned 1058whp/935tq
post #3 of 16 Old August 10th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

plug the hole. i THINK a 3.33 will give you around 10 lbs. should be OK on a stock long block with 93 octane.

Procharged 2000 5 Speed BAB GT, built motor, blower cams, 10 lbs, lee blankenship tune 430/405

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old August 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM
needs more boost

you should get an intercooler. I'm running a 3.33 on mine with a powerpipe but I'm also intercooled.

Just a supercharged 2v
post #5 of 16 Old August 10th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Boost Bro

yea idk dude, im running a 3.6 pulley with a custom 4" powerpipe and I get around 10 psi at around 6200

2000 GT
2010 GTI = Stage 2 Daily
Cammed+Intercooled Vortech S Trim
441 rwhp / 390 rwtq @ 7psi
Instagram @Patrykd07
post #6 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
Yea I'm considering an inter cooler. Would I be able to use my draw through MAF setup with an intercooler? I might trade my pulley for a 3.6 pulley

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM
needs more boost

dude go for the intercooler you'll be glad you did and that 3.33 pulley will be perfect. Idk about the draw thru maf though. You might be able to I just don't know cuz I have blow thru

Just a supercharged 2v
post #8 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Boost Bro

your most likely going to have to get a blow thru maf, that's the only draw back(pun intended) Thats why I just cheaped out to get my non intercooled setup, I am running meth however with the 10psi, its more just a temporary setup for the rest of the year, then next year im doing a intercooled setup

2000 GT
2010 GTI = Stage 2 Daily
Cammed+Intercooled Vortech S Trim
441 rwhp / 390 rwtq @ 7psi
Instagram @Patrykd07
post #9 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor123 View Post
Yea I'm considering an inter cooler. Would I be able to use my draw through MAF setup with an intercooler? I might trade my pulley for a 3.6 pulley

draw through with an intercooler is a bad idea. Not to mention it really isn't a good idea to begin with.
post #10 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
If possible I would like to reuse as many of the parts included as possible to keep me on budget. Ill ask my tuner what he thinks of me using the MAF I already have since I figure a meth kit and a intercooler are similar in price iirc

post #11 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Regular

Dont mean to highjack, but I think this is somewhat relevant. What do you guys think is a safe boost level on a stock internals? And how much does an intercooler affect how much boost you can run? Just curious as I would like to go with a used centri setup at some point but it would be nice to know what I'd need to shop for that would still be safe to run. Dont really plan to build this motor all out, just want to get somewhere close to 400hp.
post #12 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

The reason for having the iat relocated like it is on your discharge pipe is to get a more accurate reading of the air temp going into the motor rather than the air temp going into the supercharger. You need to splice into the two outer wires of your maf harness to make the external iat work. If you are thinking about running meth this is the way you should do it. You want the air temp after the meth has been sprayed and as it is going into the motor. If you keep the iat integrated and stay draw thru you will not know what your actual air temperature is.

What version is your Vortech? If it is a V1 S trim with a 3.33 pulley and powerpipe you will see around 10.5psi. If it is a V2 you will see around 1 psi more.

I ran my V1 S trim with 3.6 pulley and powerpipe with the external iat in the discharge pipe for two years non-intercooled. I would not hesitate to run a 3.33 pulley on this setup. Who is tuning the car?

You can reuse your maf but may not get as accurate of a reading as a specific blow thru maf.

2004 DSG Mustang Mach 1 4r75w - 508/436 on E85. 460/396 on 93. Intercooled Vortech V1 S trim, Circle D 4c converter, BCA valve body, VRS o/r x pipe. 11.37 @ 120.8 mph 1.63 60'
post #13 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun863 View Post
Dont mean to highjack, but I think this is somewhat relevant. What do you guys think is a safe boost level on a stock internals? And how much does an intercooler affect how much boost you can run? Just curious as I would like to go with a used centri setup at some point but it would be nice to know what I'd need to shop for that would still be safe to run. Dont really plan to build this motor all out, just want to get somewhere close to 400hp.

10 or less, and 10 is pushin it IMO, Some people run 12 if its your dd I wouldnt.
intercooler efficiency depends on the brand, You are going to loose a little boost threw a cooler but its still better.

Built, Forged, 5litre, Turbo cams, Turbo comming soon!
post #14 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TrickFlowGT View Post
10 or less, and 10 is pushin it IMO, Some people run 12 if its your dd I wouldnt.
intercooler efficiency depends on the brand, You are going to loose a little boost threw a cooler but its still better.
So 8-9 psi should be relatively safe? And I should be able to get somewhere close to 400hp with that correct? I know it's always better to go intercooled if you can. Cold air is more dense and thus is more efficient in and of itself. I don't want to get too far off topic so I'll reserve my other questions for another thread lol.
post #15 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

right on, That and cool air allows more timing (power) feel free to message me if ou have any questions that I may be able to answer. Dont know it all but got a pretty good idea on initial set up

Built, Forged, 5litre, Turbo cams, Turbo comming soon!
post #16 of 16 Old August 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownstang View Post
The reason for having the iat relocated like it is on your discharge pipe is to get a more accurate reading of the air temp going into the motor rather than the air temp going into the supercharger. You need to splice into the two outer wires of your maf harness to make the external iat work. If you are thinking about running meth this is the way you should do it. You want the air temp after the meth has been sprayed and as it is going into the motor. If you keep the iat integrated and stay draw thru you will not know what your actual air temperature is.

What version is your Vortech? If it is a V1 S trim with a 3.33 pulley and powerpipe you will see around 10.5psi. If it is a V2 you will see around 1 psi more.

I ran my V1 S trim with 3.6 pulley and powerpipe with the external iat in the discharge pipe for two years non-intercooled. I would not hesitate to run a 3.33 pulley on this setup. Who is tuning the car?

You can reuse your maf but may not get as accurate of a reading as a specific blow thru maf.
I have the v2 so i am for sure going to get a 3.6 pulley. and when i splice the two outer wires to the iat sensor should i cut the 2 outer wires so they dont send a signal to the intigraded iat in the maf or can i just tap the signal?(sorry for dumb question) and prob mike at dyno tune mp or ill take it to tim at norms. still not 100%

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

and the non intercooled setup i want to run will be only for a year or so and i dont drive but 2k-3k miles a year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page