The Turbo Build Has Begun - Page 66 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1301 of 5060 Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1294 View Post
Pate,

Speaking of transmissions, do you remember what flexplate you are using? I assume your forged bottom end has an 8 bolt crank, so you'd need an 8 bolt flexplate to match. I've searched around and am not finding much info on what guys are using with their 4r70w's.
Yes I have an 8 bolt crank and Im using a Billett PA flexplate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangAddiction View Post
I'm thinking if I'm sitting here anxious to see what this thing puts out, I can only imagine how you feel. That turbo spooling gave me chills Lol.

I'm so impatient over your build as if it were my own car. It's kinda weird how that happens with long build threads on forums. Maybe it's just me.
You and me both, the Money I have poured into this car is insane, and just about the time I get it ready to go to the shop my SUV's transission Dies, and I haul everything with my SUV. Good news is it is in the shop as we speak in line for a new tranny. I am anxious as hell, but it will be in good hands.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 5060 Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
Down for the count

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
Yes I have an 8 bolt crank and Im using a Billett PA flexplate.
Thanks for the info!

One more question and I'll get out of your hair:

What kind of switch are you using for the lockup on your converter? Is it a momentary push-button style switch, or a toggle switch? I also think I remember reading awhile back that you had wired up a relay to the brake pedal so when you hit the brakes, the converter would automatically unlock. Any insight into how you did that? I'm looking to do something similar with my car in the future.

Thanks again! Can't wait to see this thing rolling around!

What does your dyno sheet trap?
post #1303 of 5060 Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

No problem in here to help, to be honest I'm non lockup with the amount of power im making I don't need a lockup converter. Dodowagon has a lockup setup maybe hell step in and tell you how to wire it. But yes its wired with a momentary switch and is as simple as 2wires.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1304 of 5060 Old December 2nd, 2014, 04:28 PM
Down for the count

Quote:
No problem in here to help, to be honest I'm non lockup with the amount of power im making I don't need a lockup converter. Dodowagon has a lockup setup maybe hell step in and tell you how to wire it. But yes its wired with a momentary switch and is as simple as 2wires.
I must have had you confused with another member then, my bad!

Very interesting, though. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to setup the wiring.

What does your dyno sheet trap?
post #1305 of 5060 Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:22 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooWagon View Post
Why did you ditch Bob? Just curious. I know you've had your issues with him and so forth but wasn't sure if this was related in any way.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Them or FB my friend. Never dealt with aft speed but based on past experiences with Fred im up in the air if I would give him another dollar. If its valve body related let me know. I have something I can hook you up with. Although like we discussed it sounds like it has to do with the pump and low line pressure.
Are you saying you wouldn't use FB? I just spent some time talking to him yesterday..message me if you'd rather that
post #1306 of 5060 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooWagon View Post
You've done your time. Much appreciated as you know. Didn't read through the whole thing, just skimmed through random pages and I don't blame you a bit. Same reason I wont deal with the guy. To say the least. Piss poor attitude; plain and simple. Glad to see you've moved on. Tried to text you back but couldn't donno if its my phone or what. Probably has something to do with having just logged into that apple bs with phone that I always use on ipad when im in jail. Seems like your internet is working again lol.

The Challenger stuff wasnt related to JR was it? Just wondering, because if so I somewhat feel sorry for the guy (not JR) haha. Word spreads quick on the island, which can make a mess, and although JR acts broke and what not he does pretty well.
Yes it was JR and we all know how Fat his pockets are so it was a significant loss like it was with you remember I know how fat your pockets are too LOL.. Anyhow check out this new shop im going to and tell JR the same

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

What kind of shifter do you all recommend for a MVB im thinking about swapping out my B&M.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #1307 of 5060 Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:04 AM
rockstar

Quote:
Yes it was JR and we all know how Fat his pockets are so it was a significant loss like it was with you remember I know how fat your pockets are too LOL.. Anyhow check out this new shop im going to and tell JR the same[COLOR="Silver"]

fat pockets or not man its like I told you yesterday,you treat everybody the same no mtter if they have a $50,000 car or a $500 car.Im not on here to advertise at all bt you know if I can help you or anybody else out hit me up im here to help.And my phone doesn't have any business hours you can only call me during,my phone works anytime.Thanks for everything David
post #1308 of 5060 Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to EDDIEDOVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadem View Post
David,

It has been good talking to you the past few days and I am excited to help you finish up this last step of your project.I will comment on the guys that posted about ATF transmissions above and tell you Jason Gatlin who owns ATF is a very smart guy and knows how to build trans that last,we are actually sponsored racers of ATF and he built the glide that is in our record setting and2014 NMRA championship winning car so if your interested in talking to him let me know and we can for sure get you set up with him.

I can't express how much myself and the entire team here at MV Performance appreciates you bringing your business to us and as I told you today I don't have any work hours on my phone it's always on to you and your friends and really anybody for that matter so feel free to call me anytime,I may not be the best at a lot of things but 1 thing is for certain I have never got away from treating my customers with the respect that YOU deserve.Again thank you and let me know if I can help with anything in any way.

Wade McGowan
MV Performance
This kind of customer service is why I switched to MV Performance also. They treat me in my dd thats nothing compared to the stuff you have the same as the racers who spend thousands per week. AND I will add if they see you out at track or anywhere they go out of their way to speak. Truly down to earth guys that know their stuff just as well as Kurgan. I have been very pleased with everything they have done for me!
post #1309 of 5060 Old December 3rd, 2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

I agree Eddie the Customer service left when Wade did which I why I have finally had enough. There are better options out there, and luckily we found it.

Anyhow Ill be getting my SUV back at some point in the next week so I will make arrangements to get the car down there right after Christmas.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #1310 of 5060 Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast

Did wade used to work with Kurgan?

2003 Sonic Blue GT

The day I took it home
post #1311 of 5060 Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnson03 View Post
Did wade used to work with Kurgan?
Yes he did most of the time I worked with Wade most of the time since when I called to talk to Bob he was always at the bank, or on an mission I finally caught on to the whole situation.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #1312 of 5060 Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thought so. I've heard good things about wade. I hope it works out well for you

2003 Sonic Blue GT

The day I took it home
post #1313 of 5060 Old December 4th, 2014, 03:10 AM
rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnson03 View Post
Thought so. I've heard good things about wade. I hope it works out well for you
Thank you very much for the kind words,I worked for KMS for right at 3 years.
I am at a good shop now with great and talented people who appreciate me and take care of my customers,if I can ever help you with anything at all feel free to hit me up anytime and ill do everything I can for

Wade

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEDOVER View Post
This kind of customer service is why I switched to MV Performance also. They treat me in my dd thats nothing compared to the stuff you have the same as the racers who spend thousands per week. AND I will add if they see you out at track or anywhere they go out of their way to speak. Truly down to earth guys that know their stuff just as well as Kurgan. I have been very pleased with everything they have done for me!
Thanks Eddie,i really appreciate you and letting us continue to work on your project and all the people you refer to me/us.As always man you know you can always reach me anytime day or night and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Last edited by wadem; January 18th, 2015 at 02:44 AM.
post #1314 of 5060 Old December 4th, 2014, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys since I got a few questions about this so i thought ide post it.

The Lokar tube I bought did not fit. Lokar ended up sending me another sipstick ill need to cut to length. for now I have the stock distick in the Lokar tube and thats bullshit after paying almost 80$ for a dipstick. i called thier engineers to point out the issue i think it is about 1.5" to shoirt which is enough to make you significantly overfill the motor to get oil on the stick.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH

Last edited by SSG Pate; December 4th, 2014 at 01:02 PM.
post #1315 of 5060 Old December 5th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes it was JR and we all know how Fat his pockets are so it was a significant loss like it was with you remember I know how fat your pockets are too LOL.. Anyhow check out this new shop im going to and tell JR the same

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

What kind of shifter do you all recommend for a MVB im thinking about swapping out my B&M.
get the hurst quarter stick. It takes a little bit of time to put it in. But I love it and wouldn't go with anything else.

PTE 7675 .96ar|MMR stage 3 heads and cams|4r70w
post #1316 of 5060 Old December 5th, 2014, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal2v2fear View Post
get the hurst quarter stick. It takes a little bit of time to put it in. But I love it and wouldn't go with anything else.
Thanks for the suggestion, Do you have a picture of it sitting in the car?

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #1317 of 5060 Old December 5th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:

lol, looks like its gonna be longer on the doodoowagon. Trickflow really shit the bed on this one, sent you some pics earlier last night.

Look into a quarter stick with the relocation plate. Probably hard to find the plate though. I looked for one for about 2 years. Randomly while at work the woman said hey is this that thing youve been trying to find forever and showedme. Told her yes and long story short it was a well you better get one because the guy said hes not making very many more. Never looked into it past that. Thing has just been laying in the box for almost a year.
post #1318 of 5060 Old December 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

My main issue with the B&M is the shifter I want at least a handle more leaned back towards myself.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #1319 of 5060 Old December 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Check this thread out. I think you"ll like what you see.
Auto Install - Thnx to 4sdvnm & Eiu88GT

2002 GT Teksid TFS Heads Edelbrock Intake Twin PTE 6466 turbos TH400/UCC Converter Holley Dominator EFI
2018 Challenger Scat

Eddie Edwards on facebook
post #1320 of 5060 Old December 5th, 2014, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

That's pretty damn close to being comfortable enough to shift while resting your arm on the console.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-04/336618-turbo-build-has-begun.html
Posted By For Type Date
My "re" build thread - Trick flow/turbo build - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback July 9th, 2016 08:34 PM
Thread The Turbo build has begun | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback December 1st, 2015 01:31 AM
kurgan motorsports | BoardReader This thread Refback February 3rd, 2015 08:14 PM
The Turbo build has begun - Page 66 This thread Refback December 3rd, 2014 12:02 AM
UPR cracked | BoardReader This thread Refback March 27th, 2014 06:50 PM
UPR customer service | BoardReader This thread Refback March 27th, 2014 06:01 PM