Gauge cluster LED swap - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Dont mind me. Ima dumbass

Gauge cluster LED swap

Yep another one. I know there are thousands out there. But out of all the ones I have found on google I have only found 2 that are done the way I want to do mine. Which is to still have the red markings for the redlines and the red on the heat controls. I want a white overlay other then the black. But all the white overlays I have found are elglow/indigo stuff. Which wouldnt work for changing the LEDs. I want to go blue/deep blue. Here is the best write up I have seen thus far

Is there a way to get an overlay that is white, and it have the proper redline or will I have to go with like an SVT style (which I have not found).

Also which of these LEDs would be best for this application.

Any help will be great. Even if its a post I overlooked on google.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I believe UPR has a plain white overlay with the correct redline. I cant look it up on my phone right now. I will when i get home on my comp.

2002 Sonic Blue GT - Full bolt ons - Sold

DD: 2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Leveled, 35x12.50's. 4 inch exhaust, EGR delete, S&B intake, ZF-6 swapped, Southbend clutch.

Toy: '06 CBR1000rr - Hauls the mail.

1987 5.0 5 speed TTOP.
post #3 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks. Ill go look now

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

:/ only ones i see are reverse/el glow overlays. Im hoping to find one thats just a white replacement maybe. Ive thought about trying to modify my el glow overlay but i dont think it will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM
More average than ever

I don't think the 194 series will fit behind the speedo. Maybe behind the hvac controls, I remember those were bigger than the ones behind the gauge cluster. I have 74-xHP3 from SBLeds behind my cluster in warm white. A few dim spots but not noticeable unless you look for them. I'll upload a pic to photobucket and paste it here in a sec, I'm actually in my car now.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Ok here you go. You can see one of the dim spots between 110 and 130 mph. Like I said, hardly noticable.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

And I have a WLED-xT-CB in warm white for the gear select. Output isn't stellar, but slightly better than the stock incandescent. Color looks OEM, the camera just makes it look like a darker green.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I'm trying to get some better leds in the trac control, rear defrost, and foglight buttons. I made a thread about it a while ago, but life got in the way. I need to figure out how to add some resistors, new leds blew the second I tried to turn them on. I want a brighter green for the symbols, red for the defrost indicator, yellow for the trac control off indicator, and white for the foglight indicator. You can use any color you want for those, the symbols and indicators are colorless, the lights themselves are colored. I also plan on getting a bright led for the OD off indicator for the cluster. I can hardly see it in daylight. Again, that should be a 74 series. I'm thinking a brighter green for that so the color doesn't get washed out like if I used a white.
post #5 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Well i got the 194 from that write up thread. So im not sure. Ive seen so many people go blue and the whole cluster was blue. I just dont want that. I want to have my amber needles and redlines still. Mines 5 speed. I def like the way yours looks. Just more blue to match my a/f gauge and soon boost and a few other gauges.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Also i have hids but ebay shit and they look like 6-8k but are 30k ive tried 10k and 15k. Whats your opinions? I seen your sig lol
post #6 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Mustang White Face Gauge Kit (99-04) GT V6 - LatemodelRestoration.com

Plain ass white faced overlays

2002 Sonic Blue GT - Full bolt ons - Sold

DD: 2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Leveled, 35x12.50's. 4 inch exhaust, EGR delete, S&B intake, ZF-6 swapped, Southbend clutch.

Toy: '06 CBR1000rr - Hauls the mail.

1987 5.0 5 speed TTOP.
post #7 of 7 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4.6GT View Post
Haha!! Thanks! Thats awesome. Ill rep you as soon as i get home. Its not letting me do it on my phone :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page