Hose question. Reps given for a fix. - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

Hose question. Reps given for a fix.

Does anyone know where you can get the hose that goes from the pcv valve on the valve cover to the port on the plenum? There is a plastic tube in between the pcv and the plenum that leads into the hose that I need. (The hose is a different inside diameter on each end and a few inches long.)

Backstory: When I changed to an accufab throttle body and plenum, the stock hose was all dry rotted and broke when I tried to remove it. I tried getting one from the help aisle at the parts store help aisle but the only one that they had that would work isn't rigid enough and collapses when the car is running and after a few months of being fine, it started making this horrible loud vacuum noise at idle. The guy at the desk didn't know anything of course and said that they didn't have anything else that would work. Tried another parts store, and same problem. Tried looking online but didn't find anything there either....

The accufab plenum that I bought used seems to have a bigger port them my factory one did as well which also complicates the problem further bc I don't know if a new factory one would work either? Has anyone else ran into this?

Here's a pic for reference: I circled the hose in red. Not my car but you get the idea.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Regular

what Accufab are you running? I have the 70mm and my factory hose works without issues

l 2000 GT l CMS Stage 2 N/A Cams / CMS valve springs / K&N CAI / 70mm Accufab TB / BBK LT Headers / BBK H-pipe / Borla Stinger Catback / Exedy Mach 400 Clutch / Exedy Flywheel / Steeda Tri-Ax / Steeda UD Pulleys l
post #3 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

If you go to any decent hose/rubber repair they should have what you need. I have a Goodyear place local, that's where I get a lot of hose and fittings. But you should be able to get good vacuum hose from any parts store. Try NAPA

96 GT turbocharged - SOLD
97 Cobra vert stock -SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
it should be 5/8ths,
post #5 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Regular

i dont believe its two different sizes on the ends (may appear this way from long-term use)...the ports may be but the the line should be able to be stretched onto the bigger port without any issues

l 2000 GT l CMS Stage 2 N/A Cams / CMS valve springs / K&N CAI / 70mm Accufab TB / BBK LT Headers / BBK H-pipe / Borla Stinger Catback / Exedy Mach 400 Clutch / Exedy Flywheel / Steeda Tri-Ax / Steeda UD Pulleys l
post #6 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin.but.a.stang View Post
i dont believe its two different sizes on the ends (may appear this way from long-term use)...the ports may be but the the line should be able to be stretched onto the bigger port without any issues
The port is definately bigger. Its the accufab 75mm. I guess I'll check a napa this weekend and report back. Thanks guys.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #7 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Regular

yea thats what i meant was the port might be, but i wouldnt think the hose would be different sizes on either end.

post #8 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

what i meant is the accufab port is bigger than the factory plenum port by a fair amount.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #9 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Still slow.

Even home depot, just get the re enforced tubing.
post #10 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
If I'm understanding you correctly I think I had the same issue. I just cut a small section of bigger diameter hose and put that over the plenum port and existing hose and band clamped both ends.

I believe that the stock hosing on the earlier model new edges is smaller than the later models. On my 2000 gt I had the issue I just explained my solution to but on my 2004 gt I did not need the larger diameter hose, the stock hose fit on the plenum port.
post #11 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0udedth0ught View Post
Does anyone know where you can get the hose that goes from the pcv valve on the valve cover to the port on the plenum? There is a plastic tube in between the pcv and the plenum that leads into the hose that I need. (The hose is a different inside diameter on each end and a few inches long.)

Backstory: When I changed to an accufab throttle body and plenum, the stock hose was all dry rotted and broke when I tried to remove it. I tried getting one from the help aisle at the parts store help aisle but the only one that they had that would work isn't rigid enough and collapses when the car is running and after a few months of being fine, it started making this horrible loud vacuum noise at idle. The guy at the desk didn't know anything of course and said that they didn't have anything else that would work. Tried another parts store, and same problem. Tried looking online but didn't find anything there either....

The accufab plenum that I bought used seems to have a bigger port them my factory one did as well which also complicates the problem further bc I don't know if a new factory one would work either? Has anyone else ran into this?

Here's a pic for reference: I circled the hose in red. Not my car but you get the idea.

OEM from Ford dealership, they may upcharge for it but i doubt home depot or an auto store would have a hose with different I.D.'s.... thats not the PCV valve. pcv valve is coming off the driver side valve cover... idk what you meant by that.

post #12 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Banned

Technically he is right it is refered as PVC valve

Don't go to a dealer they want $40 just for the elbow Use an elbow strong enough for now and order this

Mustang PCV Valve To Upper Intake Hose (01-04) GT 4.6 2V - LatemodelRestoration.com

Mine should be here tomorrow
post #13 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_04stang View Post
Technically he is right it is refered as PVC valve

Don't go to a dealer they want $40 just for the elbow Use an elbow strong enough for now and order this

Mustang PCV Valve To Upper Intake Hose (01-04) GT 4.6 2V - LatemodelRestoration.com

Mine should be here tomorrow
Thanks man. That looks like what I need.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfrspd View Post
.thats not the PCV valve. pcv valve is coming off the driver side valve cover... idk what you meant by that.
Mustang PCV Valve & Tube Set (96-01) 4.6 2V - LatemodelRestoration.com

This is similar to what goes into my passenger side valve cover. (I actually already tried this kit but the hose is not even close to expanding enough to go on the plenum.) Is that not a pcv valve on the end though?

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #14 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Banned

No that is for a 99-01 what you need is the one I posted that is the one that goes from the plenum to the pass side valve cover
And don't use radiator hose or any soft hose they fail in 10 min because of the heat
And I wouldn't suggest breathers eather but that's another route you can go
post #15 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 07:55 PM

Ive got that hard plastic hose your talking about somewhere in my garage, and Ill sell it to you. I no longer need it because I am using a catch can.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #16 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
Ive got that hard plastic hose your talking about somewhere in my garage, and Ill sell it to you. I no longer need it because I am using a catch can.
If you find it, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. Let me know man. You can just PM the details if you want.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #17 of 23 Old January 10th, 2014, 08:09 PM

I have both plastic hoses which one do you want?

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #18 of 23 Old January 12th, 2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
I have both plastic hoses which one do you want?

I actually already have the plastic piece. I need a short rubber angled piece that goes from that plastic piece and connects to the plenum. The original one was dry rotted on my car and fell apart. I ordered this kit from late model restoration and the hose diameter was way to small. I think I need one for 01-04 mustangs since this plenum outlet is much bigger than the original plenum and I heard they are different from 96-00 vs 01-04. May try this one that someone posted earlier. I hate to waste another 30 bucks on something that may not work though. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...er-Intake-Hose

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #19 of 23 Old January 12th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

I got mine and installed yesterday they are actually kind of a hard plastic unlike a rubbery hose like elbow that came with the car it's motorcraft so it's good quality I don't think you would be disappointed and I'll take a pic when I get home and show you if you like
post #20 of 23 Old January 13th, 2014, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_04stang View Post
I got mine and installed yesterday they are actually kind of a hard plastic unlike a rubbery hose like elbow that came with the car it's motorcraft so it's good quality I don't think you would be disappointed and I'll take a pic when I get home and show you if you like
That would be really helpful man. I would appreciate it.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page