ditch centri for turbo? Need opinions! - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 140 Old December 10th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellis View Post
So good to hear stuff like this instead of the typical keyboard warriors bashing the kit when they have no experience with it. Thanks for the positive feedback!
I'm right up the road if you go that route and need a hand man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 03:12 AM
its JUSA 2V

My goal was first around 500 which is attainable by a centri which i have but im in ur boat as well

I will be enjoying my 380rwhp car and im gonna start building an engine on a stand set up to hold at least 800 crank then tranny to match

Then when it goes in the centri and fuel system will be pulled and sold to pay for a turbo set up

THE BUILD THREAD

380/360 [email protected] 2.1 60' on nt555's

daily 99 7.3 supercrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG2V View Post
he literally gets bj's from hamsters
post #43 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

I love my centri blower, but I know turbo will make much more power per PSI. I knocked this Idea back and further aswell. But when you add up everything you need its just not worth that money. when you have to get a tubular K member, bigger injectors, dual pumps, get 3.27s again and the turbo kit your looking at roughly 3.5k to 5k in parts and labor. Unless you have goals of over 600rwhp a centri will do just fine with OD crank and small pulley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
New time's coming soon!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewster View Post
I love my centri blower, but I know turbo will make much more power per PSI. I knocked this Idea back and further aswell. But when you add up everything you need its just not worth that money. when you have to get a tubular K member, bigger injectors, dual pumps, get 3.27s again and the turbo kit your looking at roughly 3.5k to 5k in parts and labor. Unless you have goals of over 600rwhp a centri will do just fine with OD crank and small pulley.
All I'll need is the on3 kit. I have everything else. No need for bigger injectors and pump when I im still on stock bottom end. I have everything I need besides the k member. Still have my 3.27s, I figured I would hang on to them just in case. Basically I just need the on3 kit and a tune and I'll be good to go till I build the motor.

My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
post #45 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJackson View Post
All I'll need is the on3 kit. I have everything else. No need for bigger injectors and pump when I im still on stock bottom end. I have everything I need besides the k member. Still have my 3.27s, I figured I would hang on to them just in case. Basically I just need the on3 kit and a tune and I'll be good to go till I build the motor.
you have a tubular k member? and what size are your injectors? I dont know how you enjoys that novi with those really long gears. takes a life time to build boost lol. depending on what power lvl you want anything over 450 you will need 60# injectors. Whats your fuel system set up?
post #46 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
you have a tubular k member? and what size are your injectors? I dont know how you enjoys that novi with those really long gears. takes a life time to build boost lol. depending on what power lvl you want anything over 450 you will need 60# injectors. Whats your fuel system set up?
I won't be over 450rwhp, I don't have the k member. That will be my only expenses besides the kit. No don't have 3.27s anymore. I have 4.10s, I just ment I saved my 3.27 instead of selling them. 42# injectors and division X 340, if anything I would just need a bap but I doubt I'll need it. I'm no where near maxing my fuel pump right now.

post #47 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast

only thing that you will be cutting close is with the injectors. the 340 is a very good flowing pump so you are set.
post #48 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
only thing that you will be cutting close is with the injectors. the 340 is a very good flowing pump so you are set.
Shouldn't be close at all. Only looming to run 7-8 psi. That should put me in the 3 80 - 400rwhp range.

post #49 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Down for the count

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJackson View Post
Shouldn't be close at all. Only looming to run 7-8 psi. That should put me in the 3 80 - 400rwhp range.
Yeah, I'm at 410 (probably a bit more now with the new stall that can actually lock up at WOT) and my 39# injectors are fine. FPDC is at 94% though.

What does your dyno sheet trap?
post #50 of 140 Old December 11th, 2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1294 View Post
Yeah, I'm at 410 (probably a bit more now with the new stall that can actually lock up at WOT) and my 39# injectors are fine. FPDC is at 94% though.
you'd be making 450 through a manual so I'd say I'll be fine.

post #51 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 01:20 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

42's will take you to 500. Some have made 525rwhp on 42s, a single pump, and bap.
post #52 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

with a turbo set up? not likely since turbo is is much hotter. 500 is alot to ask for even for a centri. 450rwhp on a turbo is cutting it close for 42# better to be on the safe side and get some 60#

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

more heat = more fuel
post #53 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
with a turbo set up? not likely since turbo is is much hotter. 500 is alot to ask for even for a centri. 450rwhp on a turbo is cutting it close for 42# better to be on the safe side and get some 60#

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

more heat = more fuel
LOL WUT?

If my little 4 banger can make 300+ with 42lb injectors, the 4.6 can make 500.

There's some new parts out there that allows you to cool air down that was previously heated up by a compressor. It's called an intercooler.

Also, more heat = /= more fuel, no matter how you look at it. Hotter air entering the cylinder actually calls for LESS fuel because hotter air is less dense. This is why you cool the air down to increase its density and allow you to burn more fuel efficiently. A richer AFR burns colder than a lean AFR. The more lean and oxygen rich the mixture, the hotter it burns. Heat = energy. (this is how nitrous works btw)

The 42s will make more power than the stock bottom end can safely handle. I wouldn't worry about them.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #54 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
LOL WUT?

There's some new parts out there that allows you to cool air down that was previously heated up by a compressor. It's called an intercooler.

Also, more heat = /= more fuel, no matter how you look at it. Hotter air entering the cylinder actually calls for LESS fuel because hotter air is less dense. This is why you cool the air down to increase its density and allow you to burn more fuel efficiently. A richer AFR burns colder than a lean AFR. The more lean and oxygen rich the mixture, the hotter it burns. Heat = energy. (this is how nitrous works btw)

The 42s will make more power than the stock bottom end can safely handle. I wouldn't worry about them.

you dont say?
Yes I know the intercooler cools temps because I have one. My 42# injectors are at 87% Less fuel more heat. Unless you want to lean out and melt a piston by all means do so. just because your 4 banger can do 300+ doesnt mean a 2v 4.6 can. That math doesnt apply to this. different motor, different timing, different CR. At the end of the day its his car.OP wrote 450rwhp. that leaves him around 95% to 96%. If he wants to risk it by all means.
post #55 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
you dont say?
Yes I know the intercooler cools temps because I have one. My 42# injectors are at 87% Less fuel more heat. Unless you want to lean out and melt a piston by all means do so. just because your 4 banger can do 300+ doesnt mean a 2v 4.6 can. That math doesnt apply to this. different motor, different timing, different CR. At the end of the day its his car.OP wrote 450rwhp. that leaves him around 95% to 96%. If he wants to risk it by all means.
While it is true that we're talking about a 4.6L turd-valve, I have personally seen one make 500whp with a Cobra pump, BaP, and 42s. I wouldn't even bat an eye at 450whp with 42s, especially if he has cams. Tune the car well and go have fun.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #56 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
LOL WUT?

you dont say?
How much power is your car making? I'm at 75% with 39lb cobra injectors at 411rwhp.
post #57 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Wiser by the Minute

I made 489 no problem on 42's with my Kenne Bell @ 15.6 psi. 340lph pump with a boost a pump to be safe.

Good luck on your turbo build. Believe me man you will run into a few more things that will cost you some cash. There is always some shizz with turbo setups but it's all worth it in the end!

" Drive Fast - Take Risks "
On3 2nd gen kit, 78/68 Benita, E85, - 628/654 16psi | 677/695 18psi {Just swapped in the Edelbrock, 6061 plenum, 75mm tb, & 4" intercooler} Need new tune.
post #58 of 140 Old December 12th, 2014, 07:56 PM
BYAHHHH!

I went from a Procharger to a turbo and won't ever build a non turbo car again. Even for a stock engine the turbo is better in all ways hands down.
post #59 of 140 Old December 13th, 2014, 04:37 PM

I'm wishing I went turbo as I probably have over 1100 just in the belt drive setup for the belt slip issue. (I.W balancer, thump tensioner, 8 rib conv). Plus long tubes and the 2k in the vortech kit. 3500 could have gone a ways towards a turbo kit.
post #60 of 140 Old December 13th, 2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_cahill View Post
I'm wishing I went turbo as I probably have over 1100 just in the belt drive setup for the belt slip issue. (I.W balancer, thump tensioner, 8 rib conv). Plus long tubes and the 2k in the vortech kit. 3500 could have gone a ways towards a turbo kit.
You and me both I have spent thousands on the Centri setup just to end up spending thousands more cause the centri didn't have enough steam to get me over 800

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page