Eddy Intake n/a Dyno results - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Eddy Intake n/a Dyno results

Anybody have them? Been looking all over the interwebz and its been really difficult. I don't want to hear that n/a its not worth it as thats all i keep finding but no one has been able to back it up. I am specifically looking for just a before and after of pi to eddy swap. Reps for someone that finds them!

Laser Red Crew #6
276/296 on a pi swap and OPS1 cams

Mods in Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:45 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgib4 View Post
Anybody have them? Been looking all over the interwebz and its been really difficult. I don't want to hear that n/a its not worth it as thats all i keep finding but no one has been able to back it up. I am specifically looking for just a before and after of pi to eddy swap. Reps for someone that finds them!
Yeah my brother has a graph he just did this. All power with the eddy is way up in the rpms. Its all down low with the stock intake. The eddy made 15whp more and 30tq less. He'll have to post graph I don't remember exact numbers
post #3 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT o1 View Post
Yeah my brother has a graph he just did this. All power with the eddy is way up in the rpms. Its all down low with the stock intake. The eddy made 15whp more and 30tq less. He'll have to post graph I don't remember exact numbers
His was one of the only ones i could find. Didn't he have low numbers though? Built motor but wasn't making the power it should?

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:43 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

OP, like you I also wanted there to be some aftermarket intake manifold that I could buy that would yield noticeable gains on a number of my mustangs. I will say that the cost per horsepower is not there if you are trying to get bang for your buck. By the time you have a new intake, and fuel rails you are well into the $600 range with the Edelbrock intake and more with the Trick Flow or Fox Lake. If you are set on an intake manifold look into the Fox Lake P-51. You will have to buy one used, but they did have dyno results that backed up their design. However, you will likely spend $1,000 by the time it is on your car and running. The best way to make power on these cars is with boost.

408 RWHP/415 RWTQ
post #5 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mustangGT/SVT View Post
OP, like you I also wanted there to be some aftermarket intake manifold that I could buy that would yield noticeable gains on a number of my mustangs. I will say that the cost per horsepower is not there if you are trying to get bang for your buck. By the time you have a new intake, and fuel rails you are well into the $600 range with the Edelbrock intake and more with the Trick Flow or Fox Lake. If you are set on an intake manifold look into the Fox Lake P-51. You will have to buy one used, but they did have dyno results that backed up their design. However, you will likely spend $1,000 by the time it is on your car and running. The best way to make power on these cars is with boost.

The eddy is not bad cost wise if you use an adaptor plate to use your existing TB and plenum. You can also use your stock fuel rails. So now the price is around 300 bucks for a brand new eddy.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #6 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
His was one of the only ones i could find. Didn't he have low numbers though? Built motor but wasn't making the power it should?
Yeah so that could skew the results a little...that being said..that engine is in my car now and is doing fine.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mustangGT/SVT View Post
I hated the p51 after I had it.. Nothing worse than having to take the manifold off to change the alternator. Its also wicked big and bulky. It did perform well tho
post #7 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

OP, the Eddy manifold itself is not expensive and only costs around $300 on american muscle, but I would get the recommended aluminum fuel rails if you are going to do it. MMR sells a nice kit for around $300. Also, you can get the adapter from them for roughly $70 if you want to use your upper plenum and throttle body. However, I think this mod if going to be more aesthetic than anything else so I would personally get the new elbow that matches the manifold. This mod could easily cost over $700 if you want it to look nice.

408 RWHP/415 RWTQ
post #8 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

I already have a adaptor for the upper plenum. And i agree it will definitely look better under the hood. Why would you advise against using the stock fuel rail?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Yeah so that could skew the results a little...that being said..that engine is in my car now and is doing fine.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I hated the p51 after I had it.. Nothing worse than having to take the manifold off to change the alternator. Its also wicked big and bulky. It did perform well tho

What ended up being wrong with it? And send him a text for those dyno numbers! Are you using the eddy or stock now?

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #9 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
I already have a adaptor for the upper plenum. And i agree it will definitely look better under the hood. Why would you advise against using the stock fuel rail?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

What ended up being wrong with it? And send him a text for those dyno numbers! Are you using the eddy or stock now?
Crank trigger sensor was in backwards the first time. It made 270rwhp thru the auto. I love the Eddy, but after seeing the difference I am definitely a believer it hurts a NA motor. If you're spraying or boostes thats one thing, hell even if you're running high cr. But a mostly stock engine it really does hurt.

Yeah I'm running the exact setup he had. I'll send him a text
post #10 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I like the look of the aluminum rails a lot! They intake manifold looks fantastic when you pair the two together. Don't let me talk you out of doing the swap because I would be interested to see your dyno numbers before and after. I have been so much happier with boost than I ever was with a pile of parts to get more NA power.

408 RWHP/415 RWTQ
post #11 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:31 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Setup went from built motor, stall, eddy, 6061 elbow, cms stage 2 na cams, shorties/2 cats to
Stock motor pi intake 75 tb/p, long tubes, no cats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	128833  

JLT rai, 75mm trickflow TB, C&L plenum, Pacesetter LT's, o/r x, slp lm2, 3.90's
post #12 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:43 PM
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid

i have the eddy on my built/blown car. idk what the difference it made b/c only a couple weeks after driving it i had some lifter problems lol imma have dyno numbers soon (with blower cams & the eddy). i realize that this isn't the application you have and i should gain quite a bit more than someone who's NA.

but from my research on the eddy, which seemed to yield MOSTLY cars that are NA, i did find ppl made a bit more power and a slight few made a few more torque. the overall gains aren't really worth the intake purchase IMO. its definitely a nice looking intake but for NA cars i dont think its worth the hassle for potentially only a 10-20hp est. gain. you could probably gain that back w/ some weight reduction or a different mod
post #13 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnz01gt View Post
Setup went from built motor, stall, eddy, 6061 elbow, cms stage 2 na cams, shorties/2 cats to
Stock motor pi intake 75 tb/p, long tubes, no cats
Thanks raped!!! What was your compression?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Crank trigger sensor was in backwards the first time. It made 270rwhp thru the auto. I love the Eddy, but after seeing the difference I am definitely a believer it hurts a NA motor. If you're spraying or boostes thats one thing, hell even if you're running high cr. But a mostly stock engine it really does hurt.

Yeah I'm running the exact setup he had. I'll send him a text

My compression is t crazy high, but between the npi pistons and killing the heads I am sitting around 10.7-1

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman03 View Post
i have the eddy on my built/blown car. idk what the difference it made b/c only a couple weeks after driving it i had some lifter problems lol imma have dyno numbers soon (with blower cams & the eddy). i realize that this isn't the application you have and i should gain quite a bit more than someone who's NA.

but from my research on the eddy, which seemed to yield MOSTLY cars that are NA, i did find ppl made a bit more power and a slight few made a few more torque. the overall gains aren't really worth the intake purchase IMO. its definitely a nice looking intake but for NA cars i dont think its worth the hassle for potentially only a 10-20hp est. gain. you could probably gain that back w/ some weight reduction or a different mod
You should see a huge gain from your set up! I still want to see you get some blower cams. Then sell them to me lol.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #14 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:52 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I think it was close to stock, and I think the 6061 elbow had a lot to do with the terrible tq numbers

JLT rai, 75mm trickflow TB, C&L plenum, Pacesetter LT's, o/r x, slp lm2, 3.90's
post #15 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:53 PM
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid

Quote:
You should see a huge gain from your set up! I still want to see you get some blower cams. Then sell them to me lol.
i'm getting blower cams installed as we speak. i overrevved the car a month ago and had some lifter noise. finally took it to the shop a few weeks ago. they replaced the lifters w/ some new Melling lifters, getting me adjustable cams gears and putting in CMS Stage III Blower Cams

the shop is also cleaning up the engine bay. doing a battery relocate and welding my intercooler piping together. so it should look clean and i'm hoping to make at least 50hp/20tq with the new cams. i've learned to not get my hopes up too high for dyno numbers though haha

but yea, once i get the CMS Stage II NA Cams back from the shop they will be up for sale
post #16 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Quote:
I think it was close to stock, and I think the 6061 elbow had a lot to do with the terrible tq numbers
Gotcha thanks a lot man.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #17 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:54 PM
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid

Quote:
really? i would have figured it would do more good than harm. i'm debating on what to go with ie the eddy plenum or going w/ the 6061.
post #18 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Quote:
i'm getting blower cams installed as we speak. i overrevved the car a month ago and had some lifter noise. finally took it to the shop a few weeks ago. they replaced the lifters w/ some new Melling lifters, getting me adjustable cams gears and putting in CMS Stage III Blower Cams

the shop is also cleaning up the engine bay. doing a battery relocate and welding my intercooler piping together. so it should look clean and i'm hoping to make at least 50hp/20tq with the new cams. i've learned to not get my hopes up too high for dyno numbers though haha

but yea, once i get the CMS Stage II NA Cams back from the shop they will be up for sale
Send me a pm when they are out I will have to check with Jim to see if I will run into ptv issues with my heads being milled.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #19 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:59 PM
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid

Quote:
Send me a pm when they are out I will have to check with Jim to see if I will run into ptv issues with my heads being milled.
will do man
post #20 of 35 Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
SleeperStang

Quote:
really? i would have figured it would do more good than harm. i'm debating on what to go with ie the eddy plenum or going w/ the 6061.
Look on cms website they have really nice adaptor plates now, not like the cheap looking ones from mmr. I just plan on running my trick flow plenum and tb. You should make some pretty impressive numbers with those cams and that intake.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page