Black sn95 wheels recommendations - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker

Black sn95 wheels recommendations

Hey gents, I posted in the 4V section and got nothing in 2 days so figured I can get some help here. I sold my 90 5.0 picked up a black 96 Cobra as the new DD and I need wheels for it, I'd LOVE to do 18" Saleen or 18" all black fr500s but tires for 18s are too much for a DD IMO so I'm looking for 17x9 17x10.5 but I cannot decide which wheels! Should I go all black 03/04's? All black 95 cobra R? Or something with a lip to match the 99? Fr500s? Bullitts look good with the round body lines of the sn95. I def want black wheels but need some help picking a wheel asap. Picks help tremendously! I've been searching for days and can't find what I need. Cars going to be lowered same as the 99 so it'll have a nice stance, heads and tails will be blacked out and windows 5% tint. Def doing a Saleen wing eventually too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 03:17 AM
Mustang Enthusiast

I love the look of the 10th anniversary wheels, had them in my car (new edge) and for some reason I decided to get some 03/04 cobras and I've regretted it ever since lol. Late model restoration sells deep dish but they are only offered in 17x9/10. The other option I was looking for my next set was 18" black chrome saleens but only thing thats keeping me away is tire prices for a good drag radial.
post #3 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 05:44 AM
Game Over

Weld racing rts

1999 GT, teksid, 306ci, on spray...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

post #5 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Canon Gang

Garage
I vote chrome 17x9 03 cobras if you're dead set on 17's.

Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

post #6 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

03/04 cobras, chrome or machined...do not do black on black, looks terrible in my opinion...

Saleens looks great too but they need to 18s...

Again, do not do black rims on a black car...please...

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Cammed / Geared / 440wh 400wt

1994 V6 Convetible - Stock

2009 Malibu LTZ - Stock
post #7 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker

Thanks for the input guys! I knew I'd get some help. I'd LOVE to do 18s but since the Cobra is just my DD and I'm also finishing up the build on the 99, I'm putting a budget on the Cobra so 17s will allow me a better/wider tire and keep some $ in the 99 fund. I'm def set on black, I like chrome on any other color but I feel that on black, it really takes away from the car, don't look bad at all, but I think due to the body lines and what not being almost hidden on black, all you see is wheels with chrome. That and every mustang I've owned has been black on black so looking to keep with that theme. I used to really dislike solid black wheels but my 90 had some and it got almost as many compliments as the 99 gets so I'm stuck on deciding if I should do a lip or not and what style. Here's the 90 for reference

And most of you are probably familiar with the 99 but for those not, this look has me wanting maybe fr500s with the lip?
post #8 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Tires really aren't that much more. You're looking at maybe 80-100 bucks per set. Could be more or less depending on the brand but that's a good ballpark. They use to cost much more for 18s but that a lot of newer cars are running larger wheels, 18s have really dropped in price.

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
post #9 of 9 Old February 17th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Regular

Silver saleen 18" or cobra 17" wheels match up with a black SN95. I don't think the price on tires between 17" and 18" is all that much though

2003 Mustang GT Auto Convertible
K&N FIPK CAI, Flowmaster Super 44's, BAMA SCT Chip, Pioneer & JL Audio, Remote Start, Retrofitted HID's (incoming!), MM FLSFC's, 4.10 FRPP gears (planned), Aesthetics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page