Guys with MM Suspensions - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old February 17th, 2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
2003 Sonic Money Pit

Garage
Guys with MM Suspensions

What setups are you running? I plan to use my GT for mostly road course with some drag strip fun every so often. But my issue is that I have 0 experience with suspension. I've looked over the stickys on this thread about suspension and I have learned a lot bot not enough in my opinion and the only way I will learn is by doing it and seeing what I like and what I don't. But I still plan to see what everyone else is using so I can make a more informed decision. I plan to do the Max Grip package mostly because I just want the best I can get but also because with my as of today 111,111 mile suspension is showing its age with bushings that are split it half and a squeaky and soft suspension it is time for a total overhaul. I plan to go with the "set and forget" setup instead of adjustable just because as I said I don't know enough and will probably make things worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old February 17th, 2015, 05:26 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
road course and drag strip setups are completely different. Road course you want the car stiff for handling, while drag strip you want it soft for weight transfer.

You can't really get both, although you can go kind of in the middle. Just know then it won't be great with anything, especially if you run non-adjustable.

I'd call MM and see what they recommend. They are pretty knowledgeable.

I don't think I'd buy a grip box unless you plan on going balls to the walls track car though..... it pretty much replaces all of the suspension pieces of the car

Turbo Build Thread
post #3 of 3 Old February 17th, 2015, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
2003 Sonic Money Pit

Garage
Then I would most likely choose the track car route instead of drag. Drag is fun but the road course is terrifying. And I plan to go mostly track oriented with this car and I like the idea of it pretty much gutting everything from the stock suspension because everytime I go under the car it shows its age. So I think pretty much starting fresh would be a good idea. I've also heard that going with the Billsteins instead of Koni is a nice compromise of comfort vs performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page