2-step and linelock on a 5-speed - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old July 19th, 2015, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

2-step and linelock on a 5-speed

I am still finishing up my build and am now just installing a few things I have laying around until I get my ic piping welded. I have a msd pn8734 2-step and a SLP linelock. My car should be making over 400rwhp when everything is done may actually be closer to 500rwhp. I know the stock bottom end won't last long but I have a forged setup in the works. Anyways my car is a 5-speed and was wondering if I should I stall the 2 step and linelock? Does the 2 step work like a stutterbox? On the old stutter box I had o my fox I had to hold a button to activate it. Then when I wanted to launch I released the button. It looks like the msd box is rpm activated. So what is the best way to use it? It is currently set on 6500 rpm so I figured the PO used it as a rev limiter.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Any of you guys running them?

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old July 19th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Regular

I've always wanted a 2-step and MSD makes one of the best. From what I know, the MSD is activated by the rpm that its set to and you launch by dumping the clutch. However, I think there is a way to wire it so it is switch or button activated.
post #3 of 10 Old July 19th, 2015, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

If you set it to launch at 3500 rpm would it also act as a rev limiter and start cutting out at 3500 rpm?

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old July 19th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil02gt View Post
If you set it to launch at 3500 rpm would it also act as a rev limiter and start cutting out at 3500 rpm?
It is only engaged if certain conditions are met. Like for launching the brake and clutch would need to be depressed. If you wanted to use it as a rev limiter then it'd always be on.
post #5 of 10 Old July 19th, 2015, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

I just wanted to use it to launch.

Mods:
post #6 of 10 Old July 19th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil02gt View Post
I just wanted to use it to launch.
Set it to only engage when either the car is stopped or when both the clutch and brake are depressed. I've never installed one so I can't say how it's done for sure.
post #7 of 10 Old July 20th, 2015, 09:37 PM
!FACEPLATED!

Send a message via MSN to F8L GT
I have my line lock and 2 step hooked together. I have my two step connected to my line lock with a switch in line. I roll thru the water box, hold the line lock and do my burnout. After burnout I hit the switch that then arms my 2 step, prestage, light pressure on brakes then hit line lock button turning on the 2step. Bump into the stage beam and release on last yellow.

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Teksid short block, Ported 2v heads, Custom ground cams, Edelbrock Vic Jr intake, Brandon Alsept tuned

Last edited by F8L GT; July 21st, 2015 at 08:22 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old July 20th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Enthusiast

I believe it will only re activate if it drops below the set rpm with the clutch engaged. So as long as you aren't dropping below 3500 on shifts you will be fine

2003 Sonic Blue GT

The day I took it home
post #9 of 10 Old July 20th, 2015, 10:36 PM
!FACEPLATED!

Send a message via MSN to F8L GT
2 step will only reactivate when at a dead stop. Once rolling, the two step will not engage

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Teksid short block, Ported 2v heads, Custom ground cams, Edelbrock Vic Jr intake, Brandon Alsept tuned
post #10 of 10 Old July 21st, 2015, 12:09 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8L GT View Post
I have my line lock and 2 step hooked together
Mine is setup this way as well. My two step is only is on when my line lock is activated. At the track I flip the switch for the 2 step, stage with the line lock to hold me in place. Then right before the light turns green I hit the line lock button which turns off my 2 step so it does not act as a rev limiter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page