Looking to buy these ported 2v heads but i have a question - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast

I concur, those heads look like garbage.
If I was going through the effort to remove the heads I would save up and got he trickflow route, the big limiting factor on PI heads (valve location) can't be changed with porting.

|4.10's|CMS Stage I cams|70 tb/plenum|HedMan Long tubes|SLP Power Flow cat back| BrenSpeed 93 octane tune|SFI U/D's| Team Z k-member/ctrl arms| coilovers|strange adjustable shocks|Mild Weight Redux|4200 Circle D Stall Converter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Regular

I know the guy selling those heads.

I would steer clear of having any business with him, he does shady things, and everyone here does not like him.

He popped the motor on his car after only having it put together for like a week. Nothing but bad things happen with this guy.

2007 Mustang GT/CS - Bolt-Ons, 4.10s
2000 Mustang GT - Built Longblock & a big turbo (SOLD)
post #23 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc9tt View Post
I know the guy selling those heads.

I would steer clear of having any business with him, he does shady things, and everyone here does not like him.

He popped the motor on his car after only having it put together for like a week. Nothing but bad things happen with this guy.
Good looking out I blocked him so he would stop spamming my WTB adds.

If anyone comes across a good deal on ported heads or trickflow heads ill pay pal you 10$ for a finders fee if i buy them!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 05:01 PM

how much are you looking to spend?

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #25 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
I have set a budget for myself so i do not go overboard with this build, ans I have about $2700 left . I do a a cobra short block thats ready to go I still need heads obviously, headstuds, cams, timeing chain components, head gasket, fluids (my tune will be tax return money), and if i can somehow swing it an 8 rib kit for my vortech . With that I am Looking to buy used. Right now I am talking to a guy on a Facebook group selling Patriot stage 2 heads. He is asking 850$. I think if i can get him down to 750$ that would be a good deal.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

what do you guys think?

heads where ported by patriot performance
post #26 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Patriot heads were cnc cut. They had ridges all the way down. Those look smooth.
Port on my trick flow head.

Patriot port.

Port on my pi heads that Steen racing ported for me. I still have these and they were the heads I was running when the car was running in the 9's.

You dont need TF heads to make big hp.

2002 GT Teksid TFS Heads Edelbrock Intake Twin PTE 6466 turbos TH400/UCC Converter Holley Dominator EFI
2018 Challenger Scat

Eddie Edwards on facebook
post #27 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
Do the heads i have shown even look ported? Finding an honest seller can be hard lol
post #28 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

HomieS281 has a set of ported pi heads and cams for sale. I sent you a pm with his cell number so you can text him. Here is a pic that he sent me.
condor123 likes this.

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
post #29 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 08:58 PM
SleeperStang

Honestly man just check out mmr stage 1 heads. After i bought a set of used heads, had them milled, cleaned up, valve job, and springs installed i was only a hundred or two shy of them. Wish i would have gone that route.

Laser Red Crew #6
276/296 on a pi swap and OPS1 cams

Mods in Garage
post #30 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Enthusiast

Where did you get the termi short block from and how much? I'm on the hunt

2003 Sonic Blue GT

The day I took it home
post #31 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
I found my cobra short block on ebay and made the guy a best offer. I think it was 1600$ + shipping. The patriot heads i posted have ferra valves and comp springs also i offered him $750. I don't want to turn this into an anti MMR thread but i just choose to do business elsewhere.
post #32 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 10:00 PM
SleeperStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor123 View Post
I found my cobra short block on ebay and made the guy a best offer. I think it was 1600$ + shipping. The patriot heads i posted have ferra valves and comp springs also i offered him $750. I don't want to turn this into an anti MMR thread but i just choose to do business elsewhere.
All good man i have heard good and bad about them. My only point was once i had things checked out and done to my liking i could have bought new. I wouldn't buy used heads and not have them gone over.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #33 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgib4 View Post
All good man i have heard good and bad about them. My only point was once i had things checked out and done to my liking i could have bought new. I wouldn't buy used heads and not have them gone over.
Yea I hear you on that. I'm hoping everything checks out ok when i pull the trigger on used. I would have just send the heads on my current motor to get ported but they have some damage. Had a plug blow out then the time cert blew out and now has a time cert inside of a time cert lol
post #34 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 10:11 PM
SleeperStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor123 View Post
Yea I hear you on that. I'm hoping everything checks out ok when i pull the trigger on used. I would have just send the heads on my current motor to get ported but they have some damage. Had a time plug blow out then the time cert blew out and now has a time cert inside of a time cert lol
Yea i would look for other heads to then haha.

Laser Red Crew #6

Mods in Garage
post #35 of 37 Old August 26th, 2015, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Garage
So i bought the heads, guy guaranteed they need no work and I payed with pay pal so I feel safe. Now I need to buy cams, and timing components. Springs in heads are ratted to 600 lift. But, I can pick up some Kenne Bell cams for next to nothing and i heard they would work good with a centri. Ill shoot Nightmare a pm

Last edited by condor123; August 26th, 2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: my spelling and grammer is embarrasing sometimes
post #36 of 37 Old August 27th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Enthusiast

Whenever I've sold used heads I've paid my machinist to check them out and I include the report with the heads. It doesn't cost much.
post #37 of 37 Old August 27th, 2015, 04:28 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I've been running patriot stage 2 ported heads for about 6-7 years and have had good luck with them. Around 1300 from summit. The TFS heads are the best out there, but even though on paper the flow numbers alone should indicate a large increase in power. The difference in a real world application is not really substantial enough to justify the difference in price. Where the most power is found is in a correct cam grind in a FI build.

2000 GT 665/541 WHP/WTQ 4.6L SOHC 2V ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page