Racing Seats with Tan interior - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old October 16th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Regular

Garage
If you don't mind black, fixed-back seats, these NRGs are pretty nice. I sat in a Miata that had them on a track day at Sears Point and were very comfortable.

NRG seats Mustang eBay

If you really need FIA approved seats, go for a proper name-brand seat like Recaro, Sparco, Kirkeys, etc. I don't consider Corbeau a name-brand. Also, FIA seats have expiration dates (5 years from manufacture I believe) so you might be able to get expired seats from pro-racers cheaper.
JCP281 likes this.

1999 GT Dark Green Satin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old October 16th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCP281 View Post
Sweet! Yea if you could take some more pictures in better light that would be great.

Also, how do you like those brembos?
More, slightly better pics of the seats: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I'm not a photographer...

The Brembos, oh man. You know how when you get in a modern car the brakes don't feel mushy and shitty and generally awful like they do in our cars (and other cars from this era and earlier)? The Brembos make the brakes feel like real, modern brakes. Super great upgrade. Second place in most obvious improvement I've done after gears with subframe connectors trailing in third. They're not as super obvious as I thought they'd be on the car, which was sad. I kinda regret not getting the bigger Wilwood ones, but for $400 less, whatever, I'm happy enough with what I got.

'01 GT Convertible
Maximum Motorsports TQA|PHB|FLSFC|LCA|Coilovers
D&D T56 Magnum; Cobra R Brakes; Sparco Seats
Tuned by Mustang Magic and so much other stuff

'16 Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC, Turbo-back exhaust, RMM and Air Filter
Tuned by Stratified
post #23 of 29 Old October 16th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Find where I said what you inserted your own quotes on lol. You wont because I didnt say that. Never in this thread did I say I always wanted anything. And of course I'm looking for validation to what I was thinking. I want visual validation that it won't look like a clown car on the inside with 3 or 4 color combos going.
Dude, I can't make this stuff up. Literally post number 14 in this thread, which is your post, you said you always had been looking for a FIA rated seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old October 16th, 2015, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Corner Carvin

Garage
I think what I posted is going over your head. Lol I don't think you understand why I'm busting your balls over it. When I get to a computer I'll show you what I'm talking about. Your looking at it to general where I'm being ultra specific and my ass hatery is not registering with you.

@macuser27 good suggestion on looking for used I never thought about that. I'm not so worried about the brand being sort of an off brand as the fia rating. it self speaks to the safety of the seat to have that stamp on it. I'm sure a lot of seats are up to fia spec they just don't pay for it. It's just a piece of mind thing for me more than anything. I know factory seats hold up in an accident, its another thing to trust an aftermarket seat.
@nileppezdel77! , I know what you mean. Upgrading brakes is another easy way to get a lot of performance out of such a simple thing. Not always the cheapest though. Haha I wouldn't worry too much about not picking willwood. From what I have read they get a lot of mixed reviews for what they cost.

99 cobra- Slow
post #25 of 29 Old October 16th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA

Garage
[QUOTE=JCP281;11083146]good suggestion on looking for used I never thought about that. I'm not so worried about the brand being sort of an off brand as the fia rating. it self speaks to the safety of the seat to have that stamp on it. I'm sure a lot of seats are up to fia spec they just don't pay for it. It's just a piece of mind thing for me more than anything. I know factory seats hold up in an accident, its another thing to trust an aftermarket seat.

Got mine used (the fabric was ripped by me, they came in fine condition). Torino II seats were going for 4 figure sums, new, when I was looking, but got both of these for $500. Worth every penny (even though my passengers don't appreciate them as much as I do - they are really really low and my friends aren't terribly limber).

'01 GT Convertible
Maximum Motorsports TQA|PHB|FLSFC|LCA|Coilovers
D&D T56 Magnum; Cobra R Brakes; Sparco Seats
Tuned by Mustang Magic and so much other stuff

'16 Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC, Turbo-back exhaust, RMM and Air Filter
Tuned by Stratified
post #26 of 29 Old October 16th, 2015, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Corner Carvin

Garage
[quote=nileppezdel77!;11083258]
Quote:
good suggestion on looking for used I never thought about that. I'm not so worried about the brand being sort of an off brand as the fia rating. it self speaks to the safety of the seat to have that stamp on it. I'm sure a lot of seats are up to fia spec they just don't pay for it. It's just a piece of mind thing for me more than anything. I know factory seats hold up in an accident, its another thing to trust an aftermarket seat.

Got mine used (the fabric was ripped by me, they came in fine condition). Torino II seats were going for 4 figure sums, new, when I was looking, but got both of these for $500. Worth every penny (even though my passengers don't appreciate them as much as I do - they are really really low and my friends aren't terribly limber).
Thats one major reason that has me leaning more toward aftermarket buckets is how low you can mount the seats. The driving position in these things has you sitting so high with a factory bracket, even with the seat as low as it will go.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Good luck! Iv looked in a lot of places without finding more than 1 or 2.

This car is not a daily driver, its purely for fun. So an FIA approved seat is a must for me personally outside of any factory options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasis View Post
Ok well you just severely limited your options sense there are no FIA rated reclining seats on the market. If you want FIA seats you will need to buy a Fixed back seat. You weren't looking at FIA seat options earlier in this thread. Also if you want that FIA seat rating to mean anything, then you will need to buy harnesses a FIA rated 4 or 5 point harness to match.
Quote:
Who said i wanted reclining? LOL

And I have always been looking at FIA approved seats. Did I not mention I was looking at the Forza? And I plan on using a harness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasis View Post
No you mentioned you were looking at the Forza seats but made no mention of wanting a seat with an FIA rating until 2 posts ago.

Also to quote you: "The secondary option is to do the 2001 Cobra seat conversion that LMR sells. It would match the interior... but wont hold me in as well as a n actual racing seat will."

Why would you even mention that as an option if you have "always wanted" and FIA rated seat.
LOL here is the whole side conversation summed up in 1 little box.

You inserted your own quotes around "always wanted". Then I said, I never said always wanted, I said always looking.

Thats all im trolling you on. I still heart you. and I do appreciate your input.

99 cobra- Slow

Last edited by JCP281; October 16th, 2015 at 09:30 PM.
post #27 of 29 Old October 17th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

[quote=JCP281;11083586]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post

Thats one major reason that has me leaning more toward aftermarket buckets is how low you can mount the seats. The driving position in these things has you sitting so high with a factory bracket, even with the seat as low as it will go.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

LOL here is the whole side conversation summed up in 1 little box.

You inserted your own quotes around "always wanted". Then I said, I never said always wanted, I said always looking.

Thats all im trolling you on. I still heart you. and I do appreciate your input.
So you weren't always looking for FIA approved seats?
post #28 of 29 Old October 18th, 2015, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Corner Carvin

Garage
[quote=Iasis;11086274]
Quote:

So you weren't always looking for FIA approved seats?
I was looking AT them.

99 cobra- Slow
post #29 of 29 Old October 18th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Enthusiast

Ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page