Amber tail lights - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 Old November 4th, 2015, 09:01 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor123 View Post
People want to be "different" and "Unique". Kind of stupid IMO to pay 500$ for a set of slightly different lights.
Yup. Kind of like cobra mirrors. Yeah they look nice, but are they worth 300-400 for a set of painted mirrors ? Hell no.

Turbo Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old November 4th, 2015, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Yeah i guess it's to make your car stand out from the crowd even a tiny bit. I like them, just wouldn't pay that much for them. Then again, people pay 200$+ for cold air intakes and stuff like that.
To each is own.

FrankenStang
| 2001 GT Automatic | Kenne Bell 2.1L Intercooled | Bullitt Brakes | Magnaflows & O/R H | Mach 1 Hood | Cobra Bumper and IRS | 2010 Gt500 Wheels | Tuned by DGR Performance |
393 rwhp ~ 412 ft/lbs @9psi

post #23 of 34 Old November 4th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Enthusiast

I think the mirrors would make the car look better to anyone; whereas anyone wouldn't think twice about amber tail lights, they'd probably think they're stock like that on all models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 Old November 5th, 2015, 09:02 AM
BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComTruise View Post
There's a set near me and the guy is asking 600. Not sure why they are worth so much or why people ask that much I should say.

It's because they're rare and are the nicest looking new edge light in a lot of people's eyes. I just sold a set of bullitt side skirts for $600. That's ridiculous but that's what they're going for. There's a new set on eBay right now for 2 grand. I'm sure he won't get that but still people pay stupid money for things they want bad enough. My side skirts sold within a week of listing them for 600 I probably could have gotten even more.

Hell, look at the Terminator. The things are over 10 years old and still fetch only 10-15k less than they were new. Not many cars sell for over 50% of their original value after 10 years. It's because Ford nailed it and everyone wants one. They're one of the nicest overall packages Ford ever produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman302 View Post
I think the mirrors would make the car look better to anyone; whereas anyone wouldn't think twice about amber tail lights, they'd probably think they're stock like that on all models.

I don't buy parts to please other people. I buy them because I like them. So I couldn't care less what anyone else thought.
post #25 of 34 Old November 5th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
There's a set near me and the guy is asking 600. Not sure why they are worth so much or why people ask that much I should say.
That guy is dreaming, even eBay is cheaper than that shipped with harnesses.

Seen 2 pair local that went for $350 or probably less since they were posted for a bit.
post #26 of 34 Old November 5th, 2015, 06:57 PM
It's not easy being green!

I thought it was crazy but because cobra I guess.

Just a bolt on 2V <3
post #27 of 34 Old November 6th, 2015, 09:31 AM
BumbleBee

Quote:
That guy is dreaming, even eBay is cheaper than that shipped with harnesses.

Seen 2 pair local that went for $350 or probably less since they were posted for a bit.
Even 300 is a bit much for used 10 year old tail lights haha.

Quote:
I thought it was crazy but because cobra I guess.
Nothing to do with them being off a Cobra. They're just nice lights. The 99/01 Cobra interior is ugly as hell if you ask me, I'd rather a GT interior. So just because it's Cobra doesn't make it desirable. Maybe in a lot of cases people want Cobra parts, but that's because the Cobra's/Mach 1's got nice stuff haha.
post #28 of 34 Old November 6th, 2015, 08:36 PM
It's not easy being green!

I don't see a big difference other than the amber at the bottom of them. No way the lights are worth what people ask in my opinion.

Just a bolt on 2V <3
post #29 of 34 Old November 6th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MUSTANGCOUPE393CID View Post
Even 300 is a bit much for used 10 year old tail lights haha.

The 99/01 Cobra interior is ugly as hell if you ask me, I'd rather a GT interior. So just because it's Cobra doesn't make it desirable.
Wait so two tone seats = ugly? What's so bad about the 99/01 interior but not the 03/04?
post #30 of 34 Old November 9th, 2015, 01:10 PM
BumbleBee

Quote:
Wait so two tone seats = ugly? What's so bad about the 99/01 interior but not the 03/04?
I never said 2 tone seat design was ugly. I said the 99/01 was in MY opinion. I don't care for the design and I know I'm not the only one. The 03/04 is much nicer.

The 99/01 is just to curvy for me. But if you ask me the nicest interior was that of the Mach 1/Bullitt. Seats are more comfortable and also don't wear as fast as the suede (compared to the 03/04 Cobra, I've never personally sat in a 99/01 so cannot say from experience comfort wise). Mach seats are great streetable seats, have a nice hold in turns (unlike my GT seats) but are not full race car feeling like the 03/04 Cobra and are comfortable to daily drive with.

But again it's all a difference of opinion. I own a Zinc Yellow GT, most people think that's ugly as hell, I don't mind it. At first I didn't care for it but it's grown on me quite a bit.
post #31 of 34 Old November 10th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

I have a set I'd sell for 500 =P
post #32 of 34 Old November 24th, 2015, 01:00 PM
BumbleBee

Quote:
You would think raxiom would have started making these a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurma View Post
Seriously! they would make BANK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellis View Post
Ask em about a friggin 03-04 cobra chin spoiler too. Maybe they can start a rackett for those lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu4550 View Post
Ya if they say they are going to, (which i highly doubt) I will hate you lol.
Ok gents, I've been working with Depo's performance division and here's the deal. Depo is interested in producing them but it's not going to happen and here's the short story why. Even if I used the GT mold backing (4 light design, so you would have to drill your own hole to make the Ambers work), they still have to remake the amber lens mold. The tri plastic color mold alone will cost around $65,000 to produce PLUS cost of the lights themselves. So we're probably looking at a minimum cost of investment around $100,000 maybe more depending on Depo's minimum order quantity and cost per light.

This is probably why no one has had them produced. The demand is there but it's not THAT high in reality. For a car this old they're not going to produce a mold and take a chance on a light like this, when they may not sell. I can see a few hundred sets selling but after that it's going to drop off. There are much better investments elsewhere. Sorry guys I tried.
post #33 of 34 Old November 26th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to StangAddiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MUSTANGCOUPE393CID View Post
I never said 2 tone seat design was ugly. I said the 99/01 was in MY opinion. I don't care for the design and I know I'm not the only one. The 03/04 is much nicer.

The 99/01 is just to curvy for me. But if you ask me the nicest interior was that of the Mach 1/Bullitt. Seats are more comfortable and also don't wear as fast as the suede (compared to the 03/04 Cobra, I've never personally sat in a 99/01 so cannot say from experience comfort wise). Mach seats are great streetable seats, have a nice hold in turns (unlike my GT seats) but are not full race car feeling like the 03/04 Cobra and are comfortable to daily drive with.

But again it's all a difference of opinion. I own a Zinc Yellow GT, most people think that's ugly as hell, I don't mind it. At first I didn't care for it but it's grown on me quite a bit.
99 Cobras had leather interiors identical to the GT. It was the 01 cobra with the strange/ugly front seats. If that's what you're referring to, then I share said opinion.

USN - E5
-------
1999 GT: 2 Spun Rod Bearings
2007 Cadillac CTS-V: Bone stock
post #34 of 34 Old November 30th, 2015, 09:06 AM
BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangAddiction View Post
99 Cobras had leather interiors identical to the GT. It was the 01 cobra with the strange/ugly front seats. If that's what you're referring to, then I share said opinion.
Oh really? I thought all Cobra's were suade. Yes those are the ugly seats I'm talking about. In that case though yes the GT/99Cobra full leather isn't bad; seats are kind of lame from a comfort stand point when you fly off them taking turns, but they do look ok haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page