Focus SVT Pump - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Focus SVT Pump

I am in the process of getting my car supercharged and dyno tuned. The orginal AEM 320 pump I have, I deleted the fuel pressure relief valve and the line from the pump to the hat busted open. My tuner is now suggesting I go with a SVT focus pump ,as the AEM is also going to be harder to tune. One problem is that I discarded the fuel pressure valve and would need this going with a focus pump.

My question is where can I find a SVT focus pump with a pressure valve(or complete hat) that will be able to drop in for a decent price?

-2001 Black Bullitt #895 - Coilovers, Tuned, TSW Mirabeau Wheels Daily, Staggered Hypercoated Saleen Track
-2002 Torch Red Mustang - Lowered, Intake, Exhaust, Sprayed, Gears
- Conqueror of the Nurburgring Norschliefe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I don't know why the AEM pump would be harder to tune, but my tuner didn't have any problems tuning mine.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #3 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
I don't know why the AEM pump would be harder to tune, but my tuner didn't have any problems tuning mine.
Did you delete the excess pressure valve?

-2001 Black Bullitt #895 - Coilovers, Tuned, TSW Mirabeau Wheels Daily, Staggered Hypercoated Saleen Track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Are you talking about the PPRV valve?

You definitely don't need or want one of those to run the SVT pump.

Lots of the Walbro pumps have an internal pressure relief valve but I don't know if the SVT pump has one but you really don't need one but you need to use a good quality submersible fuel hose to connect it, it definitely needs to be the submersible type, if it doesn't give you sticker shock when you get it, it not the right stuff.

I guess your tuner is pretty familiar with the SVT pump and that's why he wants you to use that one.

Unfortunately there are better pumps out there for the money these days than that pump, especially since the price on the SVT pumps has gone up a fair amount.

I'd ask him if he is familiar with Walbros latest improved version of the Ford Supercar GT pump, its a much better pump than the SVT one and if you shop around you can get them for around $100.

Here's the pump I'm talking about:

Walbro F10000302 (Improved GT Supercar) Fuel Pump

These can be put in a stock GT basket but from what I understand you will need to do some cutting on the basket.

This version of the pump does have an internal relief valve, I think its set at 85 psi.

2002 GT/Auto/Vert
2.1 KB 12psi/2600 MAF/75mm Accufab TB
BE Tuner/PopsRacing
Silverfox VB/Circle D 3400 CV/Steeda LCA's+Subs
Control Boost from ControlBoost.com
post #5 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 09:30 PM
chasingHP

I have 5 gt 500 fuel pumps on the shelf , if your into budget put a 405 single pump, don't strap another one on as it will leave you stranded

08 GT, FORGED INTERNALS,COMP CAMS,3000 STALL,DRIVESHAFT,EIBACH PRO SUS,20 INCH CS1 RIMS,2 INCH DROP REAR,1.5 FR,465 WALBRO PUMPS,RETURN ETC
post #6 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

My AEM is the same concept as the Walbro, drop in , shave the basket and splice some wires. I am on a budget , but am willing to pay a little extra to do this once and be set. The kind of pump I am now looking for is more of a drop in with the PPRV, and I may need to buy the entire basket/ hat since I already spliced the wires. Just looking for a place to get the best price.

I am referring to the PPRV in the posts above by the way.

post #7 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneniceride08 View Post
I have 5 gt 500 fuel pumps on the shelf
OneNice, do you mean you had that many failures of that pump?

How were they being used and how did they fail?

We're they the original GT pump or the improved 302 one?

2002 GT/Auto/Vert
BE Tuner/PopsRacing
post #8 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt. View Post
Did you delete the excess pressure valve?
No, I just dropped the AEM pump in the stock bucket and drilled a few holes to let fuel in faster.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #9 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 10:35 PM
New time's coming soon!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBoy101 View Post
Are you talking about the PPRV valve?

You definitely don't need or want one of those to run the SVT pump.

Lots of the Walbro pumps have an internal pressure relief valve but I don't know if the SVT pump has one but you really don't need one but you need to use a good quality submersible fuel hose to connect it, it definitely needs to be the submersible type, if it doesn't give you sticker shock when you get it, it not the right stuff.

I guess your tuner is pretty familiar with the SVT pump and that's why he wants you to use that one.

Unfortunately there are better pumps out there for the money these days than that pump, especially since the price on the SVT pumps has gone up a fair amount.

I'd ask him if he is familiar with Walbros latest improved version of the Ford Supercar GT pump, its a much better pump than the SVT one and if you shop around you can get them for around $100.

Here's the pump I'm talking about:

Walbro F10000302 (Improved GT Supercar) Fuel Pump

These can be put in a stock GT basket but from what I understand you will need to do some cutting on the basket.

This version of the pump does have an internal relief valve, I think its set at 85 psi.

My division x sure doesn't have a internal pressure relief valve. I believe I've read the division x 340 is the same as the kurgan 340 and maybe walbro. I might possibly be wrong. I don't understand the big deal in tuning the fuel pump. If I can do it then I'm sure someone who does it for a living can. Definitely go for something better, not that the svt pump is a bad pump because its a good pump but there's better out there. I'm happy with the divison x, although I think it maxed out pretty quick on my setup.

[color=gray]Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]😣😤nbj vyx6,;dtzy could have u. Ovh77,😣😃🔠😳

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Also if you do the pprv delete you need some gates submersible fuel line. It comes in 1' sections and it's around $30. Do not run regular old fuel lines. The fuel will degrade it and it can result in a catastrophic failure.

[color=gray]Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]😣😤nbj vyx6,;dtzy could have u. Ovh77,😣😃🔠😳

My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
post #10 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJackson View Post
I don't understand the big deal in tuning the fuel pump.
I agree, unless there is something basically wrong with your current fuel pump and system he should be able to tune with it.

But if there is something wrong its likely not the pump and more likely some problem with the pump fuel hose connections or the pump electrical connections.

Just swapping the pump itself probably won't fix those issues.

Did the tuner say specifically what problems he was having with the current pump?

2002 GT/Auto/Vert
BE Tuner/PopsRacing
post #11 of 15 Old October 30th, 2015, 11:47 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
+1 my tuner had no issues with my AEM 320 with PPRV. Trust me, you will not want that PPRV. I've regretted leaving mine on there since day one. 2-3 shift has a loss of fuel pressure since there is a spike of pressure during shift. Thinking about dropping the tank again just to remove that stupid little piece.

1999 Mustang GT 5 Speed Vert
Procharger P1SC @ 9 psi
382/382 STD
Tuned by Chicken Hawk Motorsports

Supercharger Build Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ld-thread.html
post #12 of 15 Old October 31st, 2015, 06:56 AM
MM Fanatic

I've tuned all of those pumps with ease. You never run a pprv with any performance pump they work better without. You need to find a new tuner because whoever you're using lacks experience and technical ability. Think about what I'm telling8 you... multiple people on here have custom tunes working well with the pump your tuner can't seem to tune. I've tuned all of them and can do do in about 20 minutes.. time for you to find another tuner or I fear your next post will be related to engine failure

1999 GT 630rwhp on pump, TFS Heads, MMR 4.75L, Highly Modified Kenne Bell 2.1 @ 20lbs, Custom Intercooler, JLT High Boost CAI, CMS Custom TFS Specific Cams, 3.55s, MGW, T56
post #13 of 15 Old October 31st, 2015, 09:45 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I have an svt focus pump for sale. If you want pm me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2000 saleen

Bullitt manifold swap, mac Lt's, o/r x pipe, borla Atak, Mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, Bilstein shocks/strust, H&r ss springs, caster camber plates, xxr 521 rims, tuned by ortiz performance

00-484
post #14 of 15 Old October 31st, 2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Hey guys thanks for the big response. I just went with a Walbro 255 drop in to make things easier and get my car done. I will be selling my AEM 320 pump(E85 compatible version) which works, but as you can see I am going a different route.

post #15 of 15 Old October 31st, 2015, 11:51 PM

That walbro has a built in check valve, I run 3 of them.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page