NEW BUILD! - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old December 20th, 2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
NEW BUILD!

I fucked the motor again. I was doing a couple pulls with a buddy of mine when the radiator cap blew off and sprayed coolant all over the engine bay and gave quite a smoke show. What proceeded to happen was the infamous ticking noise I am all to familiar with. Not sure exactly what it is; maybe just a lifter this time IDK but its definitely the same noise I heard when I over-revved the motor.

Nothing will be happening for some time but the wheels are turning already and I'm looking at doing a coyote swap w/ blower.

So eventually you guys will be seeing some stuff for sale; such as the Vortech V3 Si Trim w/ bracket, complete nitrous wet kit (w/ 2 10lb bottles, heater, opener, pressure gauge), Eddy intake w/ 6061 elbow and mmr rails, BBK Long Tubes w/ catted H pipe, etc.

I'm seeing if the shop I go to still has a low milage coyote motor (complete) for me to buy from them. From there; I'm thinking of doing forged internals w/ either a KB, Whipple or Roush blower and the usual bolt ons ie exhaust and intake/tb.

Just curious about my T45 and other things. I'm sure there are dozens of New Edge threads of coyotes swaps (and no i haven't even looked lol) but i'm assuming it is possible to get the T45 to work with some sort of adapter plate or different crank. I'm curious about the engine bay shit as well; enough room with things where they are or are there things that need to be relocated? Curious about front end suspension; will the current stock 2000 work or do I gotta swap out that shit?

I'm sure more questions will arise at some point as well.

Power goals are set to 700-800rwhp.

My buddy has a 2014 coyote w/ a Roush blower and he is putting down over 700rwhp on E85. So that's the goal really.
filmman03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 12:29 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
CalBoy101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,567
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Filmman, sorry about the bad luck but its nice to see you bouncing back so fast.

Just out of curiosity, how are you getting these builds past smog in Cali?

I've been playing by the rules with mine, which is a pain.

2002 GT/Auto/Vert
2.1 KB 12psi/2600 MAF/75mm Accufab TB
BE Tuner/PopsRacing
Silverfox VB/Circle D 3400 CV/Steeda LCA's+Subs
Control Boost from ControlBoost.com
CalBoy101 is offline  
post #3 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 12:39 AM
Feb '14 ROTM
 
BlackWidowStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 7,253
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
If you get a 15+ motor you might not even need to have it beefed up.



504/433
BlackWidowStang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 09:31 AM
New time's coming soon!!!
 
CJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 3,008
           
Garage
iTrader: 9 reviews
Dibbs on the eddy setup.



My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
CJackson is offline  
post #5 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBoy101 View Post
Filmman, sorry about the bad luck but its nice to see you bouncing back so fast.

Just out of curiosity, how are you getting these builds past smog in Cali?

I've been playing by the rules with mine, which is a pain.
Well it's going to be a year or so lol nothing real quick.

I've got a guy here in SoCal that passes me. Just give him the paperwork and his takes a week and calls you to let you know it's ready lol where abouts are you at in Cali? I can ask around if you are up near Sacramento since I'm from there or I can get you the info if you are in SoCal.


CJ, lol I'd like to sell it complete if possible (I.E. Eddy intake, 6061 elbow, TFS Throttle body, MMR fuel rails and 60lb injectors ) but it's not necessary lol
filmman03 is offline  
post #6 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 01:59 PM
MM Fanatic
 
condor123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,193
         
Garage
iTrader: 3 reviews
just an idea but, vortech will sell you the bracket so you can reuse your blower. Your trans will bolt right up to a 5.0.
condor123 is offline  
post #7 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor123 View Post
just an idea but, vortech will sell you the bracket so you can reuse your blower. Your trans will bolt right up to a 5.0.
True; but I wanna try out a roots style LOL I mean this is all just floating around in my head right now, so I may just reuse the Vortech.

And the T45 just bolts right up?!?!

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Yea ok may be reusing the Vortech, I didn't realize blowers were 2k more than Vortechs for the 2V's LOL I just emailed Vortech as well and they want $1,200 for a 11-14 bracket. SMH
filmman03 is offline  
post #8 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 07:25 PM
New time's coming soon!!!
 
CJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 3,008
           
Garage
iTrader: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman03 View Post
Well it's going to be a year or so lol nothing real quick.

I've got a guy here in SoCal that passes me. Just give him the paperwork and his takes a week and calls you to let you know it's ready lol where abouts are you at in Cali? I can ask around if you are up near Sacramento since I'm from there or I can get you the info if you are in SoCal.


CJ, lol I'd like to sell it complete if possible (I.E. Eddy intake, 6061 elbow, TFS Throttle body, MMR fuel rails and 60lb injectors ) but it's not necessary lol
That's what I mean. The entire setup minus the 60s. Although I know a guy that would be interested in them.



My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
CJackson is offline  
post #9 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJackson View Post
That's what I mean. The entire setup minus the 60s. Although I know a guy that would be interested in them.
sweet! well if you aren't in a rush i'll let u know when i get the car apart. it wont be for awhile though
filmman03 is offline  
post #10 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 10:42 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
tg1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central Upstate New York
Posts: 1,113
 
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Sorry about your luck man hopefully just a lifter try a bottle of Lucas oil stabilizer and an oil change.if its a lifter it should take the tick away for awhile until you can change them. worked on my boat this summer

[SIZE="5"][/SIZE
tg1227 is offline  
post #11 of 41 Old December 21st, 2015, 11:03 PM
Moderator
 
SSG Pate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 13,568
                     
iTrader: 9 reviews
refill with coolant and see where your at lifters are easy to swap out. Where is the ticking coming from?


Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
SSG Pate is offline  
post #12 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 12:43 AM
New time's coming soon!!!
 
CJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 3,008
           
Garage
iTrader: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman03 View Post
sweet! well if you aren't in a rush i'll let u know when i get the car apart. it wont be for awhile though
It's winter man, I got all the time in the world.



My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
CJackson is offline  
post #13 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
refill with coolant and see where your at lifters are easy to swap out. Where is the ticking coming from?
I'm kinda tired of this MMR motor honestly lol nothing but problems.

Plus stock Coyotes with a vortech on low boost already hits 600s! That's where I am now with boost and nitrous!

2vs are a small niche and I've seen a few of you guys on here with seriously impressive 2vs but I wanna try out the 4v lol

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJackson View Post
It's winter man, I got all the time in the world.
Haha true true, winter in SoCal is different lol ppl call it boost season haha but I'll keep you posted
filmman03 is offline  
post #14 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
Down for the count
 
flyboy1294's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,018
               
iTrader: 9 reviews
I think you are making a mistake, Sam.

A centri blown 2v is one of the easiest FI combo's to tune in the entire automotive scene. Boost comes on smoothly and predictably, allowing you to easily adjust the MAF curve or injector slopes, and giving you plenty of time to let out if the AFR goes lean for whatever reason. They are also much more forgiving than other combo's for timing advance.

Despite that, you never had a competent tuner touch your car. There were multiple underlying issues throughout your entire build that needed to be addressed, such as your voltage drop at high RPMs, your fuel pressure drop, belt slip, pegging your MAF, and in the last thread I read you mentioned it going lean in upper RPMs. Instead of addressing those, you added another power adder in the form of nitrous, further complicating the equation.

Your shop was not competent enough to install a return fuel system correctly, do you really think they can manage a Coyote swap? What I forsee happening is you getting the car parted out, the shop being completely overwhelmed with the Coyote swap, and you being plagued by issues for several months before selling the car as a roller and moving on.

This could also serve as a wakeup call, however. You live in the state with one of the best racing scenes in the US. I know there has to be good shops in your area, even if you have to drive a bit. Take the car to someone who doesn't have rocks for brains and have them diagnose what is broken. Fix it, address the other issues this car has had for years. Then added an 8rib kit with a JT trim blower instead of that puny SI trim, take the car to AEM or another REPUTABLE tuner IN PERSON, and enjoy knocking down 700+rwhp without worrying about nitrous.

OR, alternatively, part this car out totally. Send the body to a scrap yard. Buy a new 2015 GT and add a bolt on TVS kit. Enjoy 9 second 1/4 mile times, 700rwhp, and AC with radio. Those combos are very predictable and are absolute monsters. I guarantee that you will be impressed with the power and comfort, and any REPUTABLE tuner will be able to make that thing run safe on e85 for years to come.

With that said, I've enjoyed reading your build threads. Whatever you do chose to do, keep us posted. Good luck man.


What does your dyno sheet trap?
flyboy1294 is offline  
post #15 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Moderator
 
SSG Pate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 13,568
                     
iTrader: 9 reviews
Tired of the motor?? I think our motors are component enough to satisfy the angry foot. I mean you can make 800rwhp with a turbo and stock ported heads, stock bore and a set of cams, fuel etc. I think your going to step into a whole other world of shit and frustration. I've ran nothing but MMR parts, it's the builder that's to blame or your asking more th en your setup is capable of and over revving the motor looming for power that is not there. NO need in nitrous and a blower for power throw that away and look to a turbo and you will be satisfied.

My suggestion is Inspect the motor and find the issue sell your blower and go turbo. If you want to feel some power come on down to the house and I'll take you for a ride it is impressive for such as small motor to make such big numbers.


Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
SSG Pate is offline  
post #16 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
I'll keep you guys posted. I mean right now its really just a pipe dream that is frustrating as hell. Car has to sit for a bit right now til after the holidays but something big will happen for sure in the coming year.

I know you have had good luck with MMR stuff SSG but I think I got a lemon. I am blaming the builder, MMR lol they assembled the shortblock and it didn't last very long to begin with. After a rebuild with a reputable engine builder here in SoCal, a year later I get the same noise.

It could be an easy fix and just a lifter but I won't know til things come apart. The 2V is a badass motor; I'm not knocking it at all but as you guys know, it has been an uphill battle trying to make power. Voltage, belt slip, fuel pressure, tuning, etc. Non stop issues.

Joe has been doing the best he can do to tune it. I've had a few dyno shops try to do their thing past and present and the results aren't that great. My combo is different for sure but I just want something reliable 100% of the time and the nitrous is really throwing a curveball. I definitely wanna stay boost only now haha I did the nitrous thing; it was fun and different but boost works. It just works.

The possible swap would be a pain for sure but the guys I'm working with on it know coyotes. They build them or mod them daily. They took a GT350 motor and swapped it into Hillbank Motorsports 2014 GT and made over 500rwhp NA. I mean these guys know their coyotes, but nothing about 2V's LOL

It wouldn't be a ridiculous build either. Forged internals good for 1000rwhp, Stage 1-2 CMS Blower Cams, Vortech V3 intercooled on around 15psi with E85. Not easy for sure; but rewarding I'm sure.

But stay tuned guys!
filmman03 is offline  
post #17 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
Moderator
 
SSG Pate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 13,568
                     
iTrader: 9 reviews
You have what you need right now obviously somebody didn't build the motor right or you are over revving it. If you want that motor inspected you can send it to me and I'll go through it and tell you what it needs and get it fixed for you. I really think you need to drop the supercharger and start looking for a turbo yes you're going to make more power with a coyote but you're going to have to spend the even more money just to end up where you could be with a 2 valve if you're looking for 800 rear wheel horsepower


Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
SSG Pate is offline  
post #18 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:11 PM
BYAHHHH!
 
Scott2001GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 18,672
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman03 View Post
I'll keep you guys posted. I mean right now its really just a pipe dream that is frustrating as hell. Car has to sit for a bit right now til after the holidays but something big will happen for sure in the coming year.

I know you have had good luck with MMR stuff SSG but I think I got a lemon. I am blaming the builder, MMR lol they assembled the shortblock and it didn't last very long to begin with. After a rebuild with a reputable engine builder here in SoCal, a year later I get the same noise.

It could be an easy fix and just a lifter but I won't know til things come apart. The 2V is a badass motor; I'm not knocking it at all but as you guys know, it has been an uphill battle trying to make power. Voltage, belt slip, fuel pressure, tuning, etc. Non stop issues.

Joe has been doing the best he can do to tune it. I've had a few dyno shops try to do their thing past and present and the results aren't that great. My combo is different for sure but I just want something reliable 100% of the time and the nitrous is really throwing a curveball. I definitely wanna stay boost only now haha I did the nitrous thing; it was fun and different but boost works. It just works.

The possible swap would be a pain for sure but the guys I'm working with on it know coyotes. They build them or mod them daily. They took a GT350 motor and swapped it into Hillbank Motorsports 2014 GT and made over 500rwhp NA. I mean these guys know their coyotes, but nothing about 2V's LOL

It wouldn't be a ridiculous build either. Forged internals good for 1000rwhp, Stage 1-2 CMS Blower Cams, Vortech V3 intercooled on around 15psi with E85. Not easy for sure; but rewarding I'm sure.

But stay tuned guys!
MMR owns a lemon farm. SoCal has some decent shops down there. Have you talked to Ed'd Speed shop?
Scott2001GT is offline  
post #19 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Springboro, OH
Posts: 678
   
Garage
iTrader: 2 reviews
Come to the light. Coyote swap that b!tch.

I was as dedicated to the 2V as they come but seeing a a bolt on car make almost as much to the tires as my car with stock driveability was disheartening. All my 2V stuff is for sale and I am in the process of gathering parts to put together a blown coyote for my 98.

Formerly All Motor 98 GT
Built & Tuned by Dayton Performance
408 HP 328 ft-lbs

Coyote swap underway.
cstreu1026 is offline  
post #20 of 41 Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,444
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2001GT View Post
MMR owns a lemon farm. SoCal has some decent shops down there. Have you talked to Ed'd Speed shop?
Haha yea I had Ed's Speed Shop / RET install and dyno tune my car back when it was just heads/cams and bolt ons. They didn't do a very good job and the tune was really bad.

There's a lot of bad mouthing of RET here in local forums or facebook groups. There's only a handful of cobra's that I've seen that make good power from RET and of course RedRocket aka Jake on here and his 1000+rwhp turbo 2V. Aside from that though; can't say they do great work.

Addiction Motorsports is where a lot of local mustang guys go, its really far from where I live but it may be the spot to go for tuning. Not sure about their installs and such though.
filmman03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome