Modded Mustang Forums banner

Who makes a good 2v cam?

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  HighDensity 
#1 ·
Ok guys want g to do a nice set of cams in my motor. But unsure who makes a nice cam. Here is what I am working with.

1999 NPI short block out of a Crown Vic.

*01 bullitt heads, going to be ported and polished, maybe bigger valves.

*bullitt intake

410 gears

Possibly a set of headers not sure if the gain is worth the cost!?

So who makes a good cam, someone I know threw lunati out there but I know nothing about them of course there is always comp but I hear they are not what they used to be, just need some ideas

#5 ·
Contact "NA SVT" and get a custom set ground. He will have a cam ground to your setup.
Search him on other forums and you will see he is who you should go with. He is not just a parts seller.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
So far ive used MHS, MPH, MMR, a custom set from another tuner and now a set from NA SVT which seem to get the job done and spool faster then any of the others..

#21 ·
Jim, I noticed in your sig that you ran a 324 cu in engine with enough turbo boost to hit 1500 hp, that's stout.

Some guys doing 324 builds using the Boss 3.700" bore block have had head gasket sealing problems when using high boosts with that block.

Did you see any problems like that and did you have to take any steps to avoid them?

#27 ·
Going PI intake manifold, cams, and heads will actually gain you more power than a PI due to the compression difference. It would be mad cheap too. Plenty of 2001+ Crown Vics, Town Cars, Grand Marquis at the junkyard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.