NO ONE HERE EVEN LOOKED AT MY PROBLEM - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 93 Old February 25th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast

Stick with it, you'll get it.

Little off the subject......

Can you describe how you are installing the throw out bearing on to the clutch fork.
I don't mean to insult you, but just making sure it's not on backwards, if this is even possible. (just a shot in the dark)

Is your fork pivot ball in place.

Edit: I just realized you have a T5, this may not even apply to you. The carnage you are describing to your TOB is pretty incredible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 93 Old February 25th, 2016, 12:21 PM
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivepepper View Post

Your age tells a lot.
This is why I gave up from the beginning. I cannot stand to help people who come onto an internet forum, where enthusiasts try to help and share knowledge, and act like they are entitled to having people help them. If they want that entitlement, go to a shop and pay for someone to hear your crap. I don't have patience for it.

I cannot believe how active and popular this thread got.

I learned how to work on cars via Haynes manual and posting online. Now a days, YouTube and better quality forums have helped so much. In all my years of working on cars, I've never been a brat or rude. I've always been appreciative and tried to give back as much as I could.

Anyway, good luck OP.

Sigh - V6 owners :-p

http://imageshack.com/a/img832/3492/odessadone.jpg

2001 Mustang GT Convertible - Black with Black Top - 5SPD
Bolt On Warrior - Everything done to my car:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...l#post11931130
post #63 of 93 Old February 25th, 2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOdessa View Post
This is why I gave up from the beginning. I cannot stand to help people who come onto an internet forum, where enthusiasts try to help and share knowledge, and act like they are entitled to having people help them. If they want that entitlement, go to a shop and pay for someone to hear your crap. I don't have patience for it.

I learned how to work on cars via Haynes manual and posting online. Now a days, YouTube and better quality forums have helped so much. In all my years of working on cars, I've never been a brat or rude. I've always been appreciative and tried to give back as much as I could.

Anyway, good luck OP.

Essentially this is a shop a high performance shop and your right we save people THOUSANDS and if they want to be a dick they can go pay someone who more then likely dont know half of what this forum does...
imcarloslol likes this.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 93 Old February 25th, 2016, 06:43 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcarloslol View Post
one more thing...... How ... were you able to post a random picture of me, but I can't post a damn picture/video without trying 100 times of "error while uploading"?!?!?!.

It's magic.

P.S. I didn't know how to do it either. I post all of my pictures in Photobucket than then copy the link.
x7sage7x and imcarloslol like this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #65 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:

Anyway, good luck OP.

okay well go worry about your self then if youre not going to input on this. I don't want to hear it. if you would read the posts instead of just looking at the title (WHICH I TRIED TO CHANGE I HAVE ALREDY SAID IT) then youd know from the start , from like the second post I was already called out. and from there on I APOLOGIZED TO EVRYONE INDIVIDUALLY. Especially after they STILL offered to help me after I came in being a dick. I leanred already so I don't need yu telling me anthing if youre not helping n the thread. These Nice other people have accepted my apology an I have been nothing but nice and respectful thanking everyone.

Now you weren't being like that in your whole post and you even wished me good luck. so I'm still going to say thanks and I have not apologized to you individually yet because all you posted was that you weren't helping.
Yea I know I was being a brat. I'm sorry. I have been getting SO frustrated because I HAVE TAKEN IT TO A SHOP. they acted like they've never seen a car before they codnt tell me what was wrong. SO basically this is my only hope to finding my problem. I am sincerely sorry that you didn't get included in the Apologies.

Now, I have realized that I wont get anywhere with forcing people to help me. These people showed me that even though I was a little bitch creating the post, that they looked past rhar and still helped me out. Thank you to YOU nd EVERYONE else on this forum that has and will hep later on.
Hopefully I will be able to take this experience and help others in the future if someone like me cmes up.

Don't be afraid to show your ignorance, its how you learn.
post #66 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Monkeys View Post
Stick with it, you'll get it.

Little off the subject......

Can you describe how you are installing the throw out bearing on to the clutch fork.
I don't mean to insult you, but just making sure it's not on backwards, if this is even possible. (just a shot in the dark)

Is your fork pivot ball in place.

Edit: I just realized you have a T5, this may not even apply to you. The carnage you are describing to your TOB is pretty incredible.
I love my car and I love working on my car even more. so I'm going to stick with it even through this problem lol.

You know, that never even occurred to me that I coud be putting the bearing on backwards... Thanks for pointing that out I will chec on that.
And youre fine I'm not worried about being insulted. In my point f view, my work NEEDS to be criticized. Especially since I'm doing the work myself. I need to know what I'm doing wrong and how I can do it better. theres always room for improvement. SO thanks again for pointing that out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_143926.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	177634  

post #67 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Have you had any luck finding the problem?

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
post #68 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 03:32 PM
MM Fanatic

If it cant be replicated with the car off thr ground its probably suspension related. Also the slop in the driveshaft isnt helping, Im sure itll clunk especially when taking off.
imcarloslol likes this.
post #69 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I would do like others have said and fix the known issues that you have. Of nothing else that will eliminate a lot possibilities. Plus you car will drive and handle much better.
imcarloslol likes this.

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
post #70 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

As already said many times, fix the known issues and start a new post. Let this one go. There's too much BS in this one. I think you're on the right track now. Just a thought.

Which side of the TOB was facing the engine.
imcarloslol likes this.
post #71 of 93 Old February 26th, 2016, 10:31 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Have you noticed. There is a lot of people trying to help you. If you can narrow down the problem then fine. If not then please start another post. This one puts off most members.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #72 of 93 Old February 27th, 2016, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Monkeys View Post
As already said many times, fix the known issues and start a new post. Let this one go. There's too much BS in this one. I think you're on the right track now. Just a thought.

Which side of the TOB was facing the engine.
alright that seems to be about the only thing to do now, so I guess ill make a new post whenever I find out more. Thanks again for all the help.

Also, te top part that got ripped off was facing engine. Still dnt knw why it would get ripped apart like that though...

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil02gt View Post
I would do like others have said and fix the known issues that you have. Of nothing else that will eliminate a lot possibilities. Plus you car will drive and handle much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Have you noticed. There is a lot of people trying to help you. If you can narrow down the problem then fine. If not then please start another post. This one puts off most members.
Alright then you guys, I really appreciate all the time and thought you have put into this. I know you didn't even have to but you guys stuck in with me. Thanks. ill start a new post once I start replacing parts to find out more

post #73 of 93 Old February 27th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Regular

Quote:
I learned how to work on cars via Haynes manual and posting online. Now a days, YouTube and better quality forums have helped so much.
This is how I learned how to work on cars, minus the YouTube and forums. I'm old enough to remember when the guys at the parts store knew what they were doing.

It is really nice to have forums and YouTube.
post #74 of 93 Old February 28th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Regular

I would search Ebay for a factory service manaul. Best maintenance investments made so far, beside putting gas in them.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr254/svtwin73/image_zpsc7776416.jpg
5.0 stroker, Roush 2300 w/3.2", 10% overcrank, Bullet-RGR spec cams, Kooks LT w/cats, FM axle back, TruTrac 3.73
post #75 of 93 Old March 1st, 2016, 01:36 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivepepper View Post
Yeah load up the parts shot gun and shoot it into the general area and hope one does the job.
I'm not saying to take the shotgun approach, I was just suggesting that he should change the parts that he's already identified as worn components as they could be contributing to the issue.
post #76 of 93 Old March 7th, 2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I would scrap the car and buy a slightly better one that doesn't knock or rattle. Sounds like you have an awful lot of problems to fix on that one...
post #77 of 93 Old March 7th, 2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawagner View Post
This is how I learned how to work on cars, minus the YouTube and forums. I'm old enough to remember when the guys at the parts store knew what they were doing.

It is really nice to have forums and YouTube.
Now the guys are a bunch of kids that don't know thier head from thier ass...but they can do something most old guys can't do and that is runs a computer. We all have to start somewhere though and that's a good place.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #78 of 93 Old March 7th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by navas_huskies View Post
I would scrap the car and buy a slightly better one that doesn't knock or rattle. Sounds like you have an awful lot of problems to fix on that one...
So every time he has any issues he should just scrap the car and buy a better one? It sounds like most of his issues are just neglected maintenance.

Mods:
post #79 of 93 Old March 7th, 2016, 11:34 AM

Stick with it, work through the issues and the reward will be great. Hell man its probably around 15 years old put a couple thousand in it if necessary and you will have a sound Mustang.... Or you could spend 40K on a new one...

I personally like the used cars cause i get more for my money and the parts are easier to find and all the bugs have already been identified and worked out.

Convertible Crew Founder

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB

738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #80 of 93 Old March 7th, 2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
So every time he has any issues he should just scrap the car and buy a better one? It sounds like most of his issues are just neglected maintenance.
No, I didn't mean that. It was a tongue in cheek remark designed to get a laugh. Although he does have rather a lot of neglected maintenance issues.. (which in this country would cost a fortune to rectify as parts are mega expensive once you factor in the costs of shipping and duties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page