New Guy Question - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

New Guy Question

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and I am looking at buying a 2000 Mustang and was wanted some opinions on it and what you think the value is for it. The guy is asking $12,000 for it. Below are the specs. Thanks for your help!

2000 mustang 4.6 mod
For sale is my low mileage (33k) supercharged mustang, the car is 100% mechanically sound.All parts have less than 100 miles on them,I have all stock parts for the car as well as reciepts for build,clean carfax and clean,clear title in hand

MOTOR-Stock internals,BBK 78mm upper plenum throttle body combo with brand new iacv,qualifier aluminum lower intake, accel coils,80lb Siemens deka injectors, brand new ngk plugs,bbk shorty headers, brand new BBK x pipe into a mac catback,sct x3 tuner with 3 tunes...
<acronym title="transmission"><acronym title="transmission">TRANS</acronym></acronym>-4r70w with Lentek valvebody with copper bands,tci 3500 stall converter(locked),B&M deep sump pan,B&M shift kit,have all receipts...

CHASSIS-SUSPENSION-Full length subframe connectors, aluminum drive shaft, drive shaft safety loop, polyurethane motor mounts,brand new slimline electric fan,Maximum upper and lower control arms,Granatelli cc plates,eibach pro springs,strange adjustable 10 way shocks in rear,kyb front struts,fresh alignment...

REAREND-Fresh 373 gears,dust seals,33 spline Moser axles,everything was gone through and replaced and adjusted by Greensburg driveline, have paperwork...

SUPERCHARGER -Paxton Novi 2000 with all new hardware and fittings,silicone couplers, t bolts,all 3in piping except blower intake (4in),all piping and blower have been sanded down and painted satin black,vortech bov, big front mount intercooler,fresh belt and filter,aeromotive 340 stealth pump. 10 Lbs of boost.

INTERIOR-Stock leather interior tan with gauge bezel dual pod for aem boost and air fuel gauges,also has an autometer water temp gauge,all power doors-windows-heat work,no ac,Kenwood Bluetooth deck with all Kenwood speakers..
Rust free and always garaged

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Massie02GT
What's your budget for a car?

That one appears to be really clean, and being low miles is a plus. How long has the blower been on? It says it has an SCT with 3 tunes, but was it on a dyno? How much power did it make and who tuned it? Is it a safe tune or one pushing the limits just chasing a number?

In the end it's up to you on what it's worth. Would I pay 12 for it? Probably; it looks nice and clean.

02 GT. Full bolt ons and a ProCharger P1SC
03 Dodge Ram SLT QC Hemi 4x4 HD on 35's. The mud slingin daily. Slow, but a few mods anyway.
Military Crew
post #3 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Regular

Does looks nice, idk about 12 grand though.
Why would he sell it after only 100 miles on the parts?

2000 GT
Mods: BBK CAI, Typhoon Intake Manifold, PP throttle body/Plenum, Underdrive pulleys, Weight reduction, 3.73, J&M UCA, MM LCA, MGW shifter, Pypes M80, UPR O/R X Pipe, BBK spring isloators, MM pinion snuubber,AC delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftinGT View Post
Does looks nice, idk about 12 grand though.
Why would he sell it after only 100 miles on the parts?
Life doesn't care how many miles you have on your build. If stuff comes up, people sell things.

03 Dodge Ram SLT QC Hemi 4x4 HD on 35's. The mud slingin daily. Slow, but a few mods anyway.
Military Crew
post #5 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 09:29 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
The car may or may not be overpriced. I think it is. I certainly wouldn't pay $12,000 for it.

I've been on the forum a long time. We are modders. But it is unreasonable to expect to get back full price on your mods. A long time ago it was generally accepted that you might (might!) get book for the car and 25% on your mods. But this really depends on the buyer. Some buyers will not touch a modded car and others will drool over it.

I just checked Kelley Book. That car (base without mods) in excellent condition (top 3%) is worth around $5,400 in a private party transfer, with leather interior. At a dealer it would be more. What are you willing to pay for the mods?

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #6 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Let me ask you this, what are you looking for in a car? Or better yet, why are you considering this car in particular?

Do you plan to daily drive it or is it a weekend car?
Do you plan to change anything to it?

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
post #7 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Still a Newbie

The car looks really clean and seems to be well taken care of and put together. However like others have said, if it were me I wouldn't pay that much for what is basically a supercharged car with supporting mods. No cams, no forged internals. If you want something put together and nice and don't really want to bother with installing or having things installed its not a bad buy.
But you could buy a similar condition car and have it exactly how you want it for the same price or more than likely cheaper especially if you install some parts yourself. Also no ac is a no go for me, it gets 100+ most days during summer. But if thats not a big deal and you just want something fun to drive without having to do anything to it then it seems solid. Could maybe get him to come down a little?

'02 Saleen
'02 GT-Sold
'00 v6-Sold
post #8 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Enthusiast

I think 10k would be a fair price. 12 is a tad high, but that car is nice. Mileage is great, but like someone else said, ask abiut the tune, if it's not dyno tuned, be preapred to dish out an extra $500 for safety.

FrankenStang
| 2001 GT Automatic | Kenne Bell 2.1L Intercooled | Bullitt Brakes | Magnaflows & O/R H | Mach 1 Hood | Cobra Bumper and IRS | 2010 Gt500 Wheels | Tuned by DGR Performance |
393 rwhp ~ 412 ft/lbs @9psi

post #9 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 11:30 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric508 View Post
I think 10k would be a fair price. 12 is a tad high, but that car is nice. Mileage is great, but like someone else said, ask abiut the tune, if it's not dyno tuned, be preapred to dish out an extra $500 for safety.

$10K is too high. A $5,000 car with mods?

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #10 of 18 Old March 30th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Regular

I sold my 96GT with a fully forged bottom end, P&P heads/intake, cams, AN braided everything, fuel system, full suspension and 70mm turbo setup for $18k.

That car at $10k is a little high. All of the bolton mods dont add Any value To me bc no one is going to buy a car with no shocks, exhaust, c/c plates, etc. Those mods just become niceities if they are what you want.
The blower is really the only thing that adds value, but not full price.

Id say the car is worth around $8k, but if you really like it, its truly up to you on what adds value to the car for you.
post #11 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
$10K is too high. A $5,000 car with mods?
As stupid as it sounds, you can't rely on kbb. In my area GTs go for 5-6 grand. A GT with 33k miles, now you're looking at 7-8. Now add a blower. In NJ that car selling at 10k would go pretty damn fast.

FrankenStang
| 2001 GT Automatic | Kenne Bell 2.1L Intercooled | Bullitt Brakes | Magnaflows & O/R H | Mach 1 Hood | Cobra Bumper and IRS | 2010 Gt500 Wheels | Tuned by DGR Performance |

post #12 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 08:28 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

^^i agree that's exactly how it would be in my area. Cars that need a little work and have 130-150k on them go for around 5 in my area
post #13 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast

That car would sell same day in my area for 10.

Bottom line is it comes down to what is the car worth to YOU? You're the one paying for it, not us. Like I said earlier; would I pay 12? Probably so. I'd offer 10, but 12 wouldn't be out of the question. Hell I had a guy interested in my 02 with 86k and a ProCharger for 13, but I didn't want/don't want to sell it. If that guy holds out for the right buyer, 12 will happen. All it takes is someone that doesn't want to turn a wrench and wants a supercharged, turn-key car.

Military Crew
post #14 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys. This would just be a weekend cruiser for me. I would actually be trading him a offroad buggy with a value of 10-12K so there is no cash or negotiating involved. Here is some more infor and answers to some of your questions.

The tunes were done by Timmy at Rhodeheavers, about 400 to the wheels,safe tune on 93 and 110 half and half,only miles are dyno time and I drove it around Bridgeville a couple times

I'm selling it due to a family emergency back home, I had it for sale and before this happened for 12K but now I really need to get rid of it so I can go back home and take care of some things that's the only toy im willing to get rid of, I started building the car and last year when I got laid off I brought my Harley back up here and since then I just don't drive it kind of lost interest in it

Never been to the track

I dropped it off for the blower work 10/15, with 33484 on the clock

There's guys on forums that rune stock bottom ends on mod cars at 500 to the wheels for 2 or 3 years before any issues arise but I wanted it to be safe,all my supporting mods will support 7 to 8 to the wheels with a bottom end and bigger crank pulley
post #15 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 02:44 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

If he has a family emergency why would he do a trade?
post #16 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootang View Post
If he has a family emergency why would he do a trade?
Good point! He said he is moving to Arizona and doesn't want to take the mustang with him.
post #17 of 18 Old March 31st, 2016, 06:11 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I say do it
post #18 of 18 Old April 1st, 2016, 07:34 PM
Enthusiast

Pull that trigger! Lol

FrankenStang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page