Wanting a 2v again with 600 whp goal - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SSG Pate

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Wanting a 2v again with 600 whp goal

Not sure what's up the the prices of clean new edges gone up lately but it kinda sucks if you want a low mile nice one as they're the same price as a 60-70k mile s197 3v .

Anyways looking to get rid of my 2014 and back into what my first mustang was being a 2v. Looking to have a boosted and built 2v. Probly can build as faster more fun car than what my 2014 5.0 is for half the price. Trying to look into the best options of a motor and will most likely go with a centri blower or kenne bell.

I'm not opposed to assembling my own rotating assembly. When I had mine I wanted a Kellogg crank. Manley h B beans and mahle pistons with ported pi heads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 03:05 PM
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?

We can do a trade? 92k miles on mine LOL

I got my car with 70k miles for 6k. Just look around for deals and be patient. Look outside of your state. Consider flying to the seller and drive the car back.

Mustangs in Florida are a dime a dozen and run pretty cheap especially on the west coast where all the old people reside. Always ads indicating "selling for grandparents that passed on" or old dudes wanting to upgrade.

http://imageshack.com/a/img832/3492/odessadone.jpg

2001 Mustang GT Convertible - Black with Black Top - 5SPD
Bolt On Warrior - Everything done to my car:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...l#post11931130
post #3 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Regular

Why not just buy a used supercharger/turbo kit for the coyote and make 600rwp on a stock motor and be done with it?

2007 Mustang GT/CS - Bolt-Ons, 4.10s
2000 Mustang GT - Built Longblock & a big turbo (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 05:22 PM
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?

That's what I'm saying. I'd KILL to have a coyote motor. Why go back in technology? Only reason I stood back on a new stang was mine is paid off and I put funds towards a house. No car payments is a blissful thing. That and I pay 70 a month for full coverage. Geico wants 260 for a 5.0 motor. F that

http://imageshack.com/a/img832/3492/odessadone.jpg

2001 Mustang GT Convertible - Black with Black Top - 5SPD
Bolt On Warrior - Everything done to my car:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...l#post11931130
post #5 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Im starting to question some of your all commitment to making the 2V Faster, All i hear is COYOTE in a 2V. Having a 600 RWHP 2V is impressive no the less. I like the 2V for what it is I could swap in any motor i wanted but it would no longer be a 2V and that is the whole point.

600RWHP is obtainable so how do you want to do it? there are many doing it you just have to chose a route and go.
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #6 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

are you looking for 600 rwhp or specifically 600rwhp in an older 2 valve? unless your goal and hope is that if you sell your 2014 you can get to the hp you want for an overall lower cost vehicle you'd be better off boosting the newer one and have all the newer, better creature comforts
post #7 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Regular

SSG Pate - So you have done both. Can you give us your opinions as to the pluses and minuses between the Blower and the Turbo for a street car?
post #8 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 09:18 PM

Turbo is easier to make higher HP numbers with yet more complex as far as as components, and works great with stock heads or ported heads. A Centro is simple and easy to bolt on yet requires the right pulley set up to keep from slipping at higher boost levels and the best heads you can afford.

For 600 rwhp I say go turbo cause you'll be wanting 700 and the blower won't get you there without alot of money and belt slip issues.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #9 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
Im starting to question some of your all commitment to making the 2V Faster, All i hear is COYOTE in a 2V. Having a 600 RWHP 2V is impressive no the less. I like the 2V for what it is I could swap in any motor i wanted but it would no longer be a 2V and that is the whole point.

600RWHP is obtainable so how do you want to do it? there are many doing it you just have to chose a route and go.
Honestly like most know the 2v takes a lot of work to make power, you Pate know this better than anyone else. But the proof is in the pudding there are 5.3/4.8l stock bottom end LS's rolling around making 700rwhp+ with 18-20lbs of boost.

My end goal is to have an 8 second car, and yes its possible for a 2v to achieve this however a 2jz, coyote, 4v or even LS are much easier to achieve this reliably.

Don't get me wrong though if a person is wanting 600-700rwhp a 2v can do it, anything past that I would look into other options.

2007 Mustang GT/CS - Bolt-Ons, 4.10s
2000 Mustang GT - Built Longblock & a big turbo (SOLD)
post #10 of 14 Old May 5th, 2016, 11:09 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

6-700 hp is easy with these motors. It doesn't take much thought at all. Just some good internals and boost. Hell if i had to do it over.....id up the cr, get some trick flow heads and good cams, slap a good turbo on and make 600+ with 10 psi or so. Then gradually move up to 25-30 psi.

"Happiness is being blown and stroked at the same time"
V6 => Teksid 302 stroker
Caitlyn Jenner swapped
My Build Thread click link
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...shs-build.html
post #11 of 14 Old July 11th, 2016, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Sorry i haven't checked this in a while . Sold the 14 5.0. New job and such I couldn't afford to keep making the payment that it was, well I could but I need to get other debts paid off . Overal I'm just wanting a cheaper car that can be paid for and afford to build it . Was paying 450/ month for the 5.0 although it was a great car and platform . I was living a champagne life on a beer budget with it to be honest, no Sense in paying on a car and not being able to afford gas for it hardly .

My thoughts are find a cheap 01-04 gt. Possibly an auto since those go cheap. I want a project more or less to keep me occupied . Built 4r70 could do pretty good. Possibly a terminator shortblock with ported pi heads and a centri blower with hp 292 cams if they still make them. Since those were my goals 5 years ago when I had an 01 gt

Also curious on affordable forged internal options . I'm open to assembling a motor as I'm pretty mechanically inclined and didn't leave any screw unturned on my 01
post #12 of 14 Old July 14th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Down for the count

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschoening09 View Post

My thoughts are find a cheap 01-04 gt. Possibly an auto since those go cheap. I want a project more or less to keep me occupied . Built 4r70 could do pretty good. Possibly a terminator shortblock with ported pi heads and a centri blower with hp 292 cams if they still make them. Since those were my goals 5 years ago when I had an 01 gt

Also curious on affordable forged internal options . I'm open to assembling a motor as I'm pretty mechanically inclined and didn't leave any screw unturned on my 01
With a centri blower, a stalled auto is seriously the way to go. PD cars can cut good times with a stick, but centri's need to rev and a big stall lets it accomplish that.

An emerging trend for budget forged internals is using Manley/Diamond pistons, Boss rods, and your stock crank. 600rwhp is probably all you would want to push on that combo, but it'd definitely get you there. Keep in mind that you're going to need heads and cams to break 600rwhp with an auto which are going to be a hefty investment. Whether or not you want to skimp on internals when you are running a high dollar top end setup that like is up to you to decide.

What does your dyno sheet trap?
post #13 of 14 Old July 14th, 2016, 08:36 AM
New time's coming soon!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1294 View Post
With a centri blower, a stalled auto is seriously the way to go. PD cars can cut good times with a stick, but centri's need to rev and a big stall lets it accomplish that.

An emerging trend for budget forged internals is using Manley/Diamond pistons, Boss rods, and your stock crank. 600rwhp is probably all you would want to push on that combo, but it'd definitely get you there. Keep in mind that you're going to need heads and cams to break 600rwhp with an auto which are going to be a hefty investment. Whether or not you want to skimp on internals when you are running a high dollar top end setup that like is up to you to decide.
Autos are gay!!

My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
post #14 of 14 Old July 20th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

My friend just bought a 2016 SS camaro and is selling his gorgeous silver 2000 2V fully built cammed and turbo'd GT. needs 1 new piston from pre-det. Terminator seats, skirts, mirrors and so much more. Sounds like a great fit for you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGYOGSlx...od_motor_yates

Comp Orange 04 Cobra
Azure Blue 03 Mach 1
True Blue 01 Bullitt S/C
Torch Red 04 Mach 1 ,
Torch Red 03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page