• 1 Post By SlowSix
  • 1 Post By nkausch
  • 2 Post By MineralGreyGT
  • 2 Post By 46L281GT
  • 1 Post By SlowSix

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old May 29th, 2016, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Gauges/Pods ?

Have a 03 GT with minor things done to it...cold air intake,3.73 gears,lowering springs,flowmasters,short throw shifter,18" deep dish rims,Bama tuner. Thinking about some pods and looking for suggestions for my setup so far. Not sure if it would be more of n appearance thing for what I have done. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old May 29th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Regular

Garage
I put a narrow band Air/Fuel gauge on mine, and now wish I never did totally useless. I would say based on the list of mods your getting save your money and spend it on something else. In my opinion unless your running boost or Nitrous you don't need them.
03newbieGT likes this.

Last edited by SteelSteve; May 30th, 2016 at 09:00 PM.
post #3 of 18 Old May 29th, 2016, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSteve View Post
I put a narrow band Air/Fuel gage on mine, and now wish I never did totally useless. I would say based on the list of mods your getting save your money and spend it on something else. In my opinion unless your running boost or Nitrous you don't need them.
Thats what I was thinking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old May 29th, 2016, 08:55 PM
MM Fanatic

Oil pressure and coolant temp are always good gauges to have. The clock gauge pod is always nice

03newbieGT likes this.

94 GT Vert

<a href="https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/277159-nkauschs-turbo-vert-pic-heavy.html"]https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/277159-nkauschs-turbo-vert-pic-heavy.html">70mm Turbo Build</A>
post #5 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkausch View Post
Oil pressure and coolant temp are always good gauges to have. The clock gauge pod is always nice

That looks sweet. How was the install?
post #6 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 09:10 AM
MM Fanatic

Pretty easy. The ones under the radio are just simple sunpro gauges from pep boys. I screwed the mounting trim that came with them into the radio bezel. I did have to move the CD player because they hit but all I did was sit it on top of the air bag module.

The clock pod was even easier. Simply remove the clock, install the bracket that comes with the pod where the clock went, install your gauges on the pod and install the pod. Without the wiring needed for the gauges it's a 10 minute install with finding tools.
03newbieGT likes this.

94 GT Vert

<a href="https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/277159-nkauschs-turbo-vert-pic-heavy.html"]https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/277159-nkauschs-turbo-vert-pic-heavy.html">70mm Turbo Build</A>
post #7 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Pretty easy. The ones under the radio are just simple sunpro gauges from pep boys. I screwed the mounting trim that came with them into the radio bezel. I did have to move the CD player because they hit but all I did was sit it on top of the air bag module.

The clock pod was even easier. Simply remove the clock, install the bracket that comes with the pod where the clock went, install your gauges on the pod and install the pod. Without the wiring needed for the gauges it's a 10 minute install with finding tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03newbieGT View Post
That looks sweet. How was the install?
Keep in mind the 99-04 models dont have a clock on the dash to begin with, so the install is a bit more involved, you have to cut a hole in the dash for the wires/drill a hole, or run them through some other means. Still a pretty simple install though.
03newbieGT likes this.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #8 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
Keep in mind the 99-04 models dont have a clock on the dash to begin with, so the install is a bit more involved, you have to cut a hole in the dash for the wires/drill a hole, or run them through some other means. Still a pretty simple install though.
True on that my year doesn't have the clock setup like his stang.
post #9 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 10:51 AM
instagram:AndyRooney89

Garage
i put a vacuum and oil temp gauge in mine. vacuum will help you diagnose engine problems if for what ever reason anything happens internal or a simple vacuum leak. fuel pressure could be a good one to get as well. they help troubleshoot if anything happens ya know

sct tune, 78 mm bbk tb, knn cai, slp resonators, o/r h pipe, mil eliminators, stage 2 comp cams, comp valve springs, wahlbro 255 fuel pump, eibach sport springs, 03/04 cobra bumper, 3 inch cowl hood, wingless, gt500 replica wheels

post #10 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I have a plx gauge that does both wideband and boost/vacuum. I installed it in the steering column but I honestly hate it. I'm going to remove that and install a gauge bezel with 2 gauges. For some reason I can't upload pics right now..
03newbieGT likes this.

1999 Mustang GT 5 Speed Vert
Procharger P1SC @ 9 psi
382/382 STD
Tuned by Chicken Hawk Motorsports

Supercharger Build Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ld-thread.html
post #11 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 12:13 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03newbieGT View Post
True on that my year doesn't have the clock setup like his stang.

Forgot about that. The a pillar gauge pods are always nice too
03newbieGT likes this.

94 GT Vert

post #12 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Forgot about that. The a pillar gauge pods are always nice too
It still looks pretty good/works pretty good in a newer stang though.

The clock pod is this one: DASH TOP, DUAL, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 94-04 SN95

There is also a single pod that mounts on the steering column, I have one but took it off because it annoyed me with how it blocked the normal gauges. It can be found here: STEERING COLUMN, SINGLE, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 94-04 SN95

Then there is the bezel that surrounds the cluster, with two slots, which is a pretty nice piece, I like mine, it can be found here: INSTRUMENT CLUSTER BEZEL, DUAL, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 01-04 SN95
There is also a version for 94-00 but it is a bit different due to where the defrost switch is on those models

Finally as mentioned earlier, there is the option of an A piller pod. dual: A-PILLAR, FULL, DUAL, 2-1/16", MUSTANG 03-04 (COUPE) SN95
or triple: A-PILLAR, FULL, TRIPLE, 2-1/16", MUSTANG 03-04 (COUPE) SN95

All of these are pretty good solutions, some people also do a radio delete and replace it with gauges.

As far as the actual gauge, I would recommend a single or dual Aeroforce Interceptor setup, as it plugs into OBDII and can monitor most of the paramters the ECM monitors, fuel pressure, pump duty cycle, etc. as well as having the option to add on a boost module, air/fuel module, etc.

Atleast one on cycle can give you a lot of info, and it reads two outputs at once. Here is the gauge: Aeroforce AeroForce Mustang Single Interceptor Gauge FD101 (96-04 All) - Free Shipping
or the dual: Aeroforce AeroForce Mustang Duel Interceptor Gauge FD102 (96-04 All) - Free Shipping

What are your plans for the car? Let those determine what gauges(if any) you ultimately need
03newbieGT likes this.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #13 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 06:39 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Gauges are rice on a car that doesn't really need them IMO.
03newbieGT likes this.

Turbo Build Thread
post #14 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 08:42 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
Gauges are rice on a car that doesn't really need them IMO.

Considering we only have idiot gauges I would say oil pressure and water temp aren't bad to have. I've had my mechanical water gauge show me the car was over heating before when the stock gauge said everything was fine.
03newbieGT likes this.

94 GT Vert

post #15 of 18 Old May 30th, 2016, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
It still looks pretty good/works pretty good in a newer stang though.

The clock pod is this one: DASH TOP, DUAL, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 94-04 SN95

There is also a single pod that mounts on the steering column, I have one but took it off because it annoyed me with how it blocked the normal gauges. It can be found here: STEERING COLUMN, SINGLE, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 94-04 SN95

Then there is the bezel that surrounds the cluster, with two slots, which is a pretty nice piece, I like mine, it can be found here: INSTRUMENT CLUSTER BEZEL, DUAL, 2-1/16", FORD MUSTANG 01-04 SN95
There is also a version for 94-00 but it is a bit different due to where the defrost switch is on those models

Finally as mentioned earlier, there is the option of an A piller pod. dual: A-PILLAR, FULL, DUAL, 2-1/16", MUSTANG 03-04 (COUPE) SN95
or triple: A-PILLAR, FULL, TRIPLE, 2-1/16", MUSTANG 03-04 (COUPE) SN95

All of these are pretty good solutions, some people also do a radio delete and replace it with gauges.

As far as the actual gauge, I would recommend a single or dual Aeroforce Interceptor setup, as it plugs into OBDII and can monitor most of the paramters the ECM monitors, fuel pressure, pump duty cycle, etc. as well as having the option to add on a boost module, air/fuel module, etc.

Atleast one on cycle can give you a lot of info, and it reads two outputs at once. Here is the gauge: Aeroforce AeroForce Mustang Single Interceptor Gauge FD101 (96-04 All) - Free Shipping
or the dual: Aeroforce AeroForce Mustang Duel Interceptor Gauge FD102 (96-04 All) - Free Shipping

What are your plans for the car? Let those determine what gauges(if any) you ultimately need
Thank you for taking the time to give all this info much appreciated! I started off that I was leaving the car bone stock. BUT it's only been two weeks and...cold air intake,short throw shifter & knob,70mm throttle body,3.73 gears,bama tuner,Eibach lowering springs,18x10 & 18x9 rims & tires!!! Now I'm shopping for exhaust, thinking Borla Stinger S-Type....SOOOO as far as the future not really sure BUT my guess they'll be more.
post #16 of 18 Old May 31st, 2016, 05:19 PM
Carving corners

I make vent pods

StangAddiction and 03newbieGT like this.

Follow me on Instagram! Username:whistles._
https://www.instagram.com/whistles._/

post #17 of 18 Old May 31st, 2016, 05:56 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I also have this gauge and i absolutely love it. subtle mod that makes a huge difference

1999-2004 Upgrade Kit
AndyRooney and 03newbieGT like this.

1999 Mustang GT 5 Speed Vert
Procharger P1SC @ 9 psi
382/382 STD
Tuned by Chicken Hawk Motorsports

Supercharger Build Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ld-thread.html
post #18 of 18 Old May 31st, 2016, 06:49 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Quote:
Considering we only have idiot gauges I would say oil pressure and water temp aren't bad to have. I've had my mechanical water gauge show me the car was over heating before when the stock gauge said everything was fine.
While true, I still wouldn't say they're necessary. Especially on a mostly stock car. There are Much better mods to spend money on.
03newbieGT likes this.

Turbo Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page