Hp292 blower grinds - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nothin.but.a.stang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Hp292 blower grinds

I stumbled across some hp292 blower grinds for an ok price, used. I understand these don't need to be degreed? They are regrinds, but everything I've read suggests there is nothing to worry about.

Will I need anything else to drop these in? And what would be a fair price?

I will do new guides and chains just to be clear....

Thanks!

Tork Tech intercooled, ported eaton 2.9 pulley-FRPP 3.73s-Steeda tri-ax--IRS swap--mac o/r prochamber--Jones exhaust turbine resonators-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 12:29 AM
New time's coming soon!!!

Garage
Drop them in and go, obviously need new cam bolts etc. They Perform well imho. I've seen them in person and ive seen their power curve.

My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
post #3 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 02:15 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I'm running the HP292's not degreed and have had good results for 9+ years. When I first installed them, I still had stock heads and valve springs. I used the AFM cam retention tool to install them, so all I did was remove the valve covers. I didn't even have a spring compressor at the time. I removed the rockers by rotating the cam to the base circles and prying on the rocker to the side. Then I bled down lifters in a vise before reinstalling them. It took me about 3-4 hours to swap them out. Without any other changes and a retune I picked up 91 whp. I limited my RPM's to 6250 on the stock springs. I'm running patriot stage 2 heads now but I still haven't degreed the cams.

I know it's always better to degree cams and some need to be, but I felt comfortable with my pistons being fly cut not to worry about PTV contact. The duration is a little wide but the lift is only 531. The first time I installed them it was 10 years ago and I was out of money in my budget. I have also degreed cams in other engine builds since then and feel comfortable doing them now. I'd like to degree them in the future and maybe port my TFS intake at the same time. I'm thinking about looking into extrude honed for the intake?

2000 GT 665/541 WHP/WTQ 4.6L SOHC 2V ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Lots of good info, here!

I had a pm for some brand new mhs stage questions blower cams for the same price with adjustable crank gears.....I'm not used to having options on a budget build, and now I have two........I like the idea of new cams vs used....

Tork Tech intercooled, ported eaton 2.9 pulley-FRPP 3.73s-Steeda tri-ax--IRS swap--mac o/r prochamber--Jones exhaust turbine resonators-
post #5 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdan View Post
Lots of good info, here!

I had a pm for some brand new mhs stage questions blower cams for the same price with adjustable crank gears.....I'm not used to having options on a budget build, and now I have two........I like the idea of new cams vs used....
Always a tough call, I would try to leverage the HP292 price by saying you could get new MHS cams for the same price, but thats just me

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #6 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Turns out these are the rb2 cams, which are the recession buster cams they don't seem to offer anymore.

For the same price, plus the mhs need to be degreed....I'm torn. Someone sway me lol

post #7 of 9 Old June 12th, 2016, 03:10 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
get real blower cams and change the springs. You will thank yourself later
post #8 of 9 Old June 14th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Still slow.

You can drop them in no problem, but it wouldn't hurt to degree them.
post #9 of 9 Old June 14th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Regular

Degreeing helps on all cams, even stock cams. When they say you have nothing to worry about, just means usually there is no PTV issues with that cam. Degreeing the cams dials it in to get the most out of it. If it were me I would degree them.
1996 GT likes this.

l 2000 GT l CMS Stage 2 N/A Cams / CMS valve springs / K&N CAI / 70mm Accufab TB / BBK LT Headers / BBK H-pipe / Borla Stinger Catback / Exedy Mach 400 Clutch / Exedy Flywheel / Steeda Tri-Ax / Steeda UD Pulleys l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page