Long overdue, my build thread - Page 6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 101 Old April 8th, 2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
So you already had issues with the turbonetics turbo as well?
I had a 7268 journal bearing running the stock on3 drain. What i think happened was the drain wasnt big enough and backed up, blew the seals out and coked everything. The on3 drain worked with my old on3 ball bearing setup with the restrictor. The lack of restrictor definitely changed things.

The new turbo is 7575 ball bearing fitted with a -10an drain. Hopefully the increased drain size will prevent that problembnbin the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic 02 View Post

All you have to do is weld in the the 4 inch to 3 inch v band reducing flange I think they are like 20 bucks . Mine goes from 5 inch out of turbo to a 4 inch down pipe. As Pate mentioned make sure to clean your MAF out good. I hadn't realized my old on3 turbo was pushing oil and it caused me a bunch of problems trying to dial in start up tune.
I looked at the flange adapters, only problem is i am running a full exhaust, every junction down pipe back we just tig welded ball and sockets to to finally make this on3 kit fit perfectly.. and then i had engine to catbacks ceramic coated. So the flange adapter would have messed up the alignment of all of my work down stream. I tried setting everything up with a 1.5 flange adapter since i didnt want to have to strip the pipes, cut and weld a flange then recoat them. Also i was under super time constraints, my wife gave birth to our daughter yesterday. So now my mustang time has disappeared. So lets hope this new one works well.

I wil definitely clean that maf before dropping it off at the tuner.

Mmr900 4.75 striker. Stock heads, CMS stage 2 turbo cams, on3 67mm ball bwaring billet wheel turbo kit @12.7 psi
539 rwhp / 601 rwtq

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page