ABS wiring harness delete - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old April 28th, 2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

ABS wiring harness delete

After installing my abs delete block I decided I wanted to get rid of the harness. Everything thing I could find to read on it said to just unpin the harness going to the passengers side .Then then it said to cut the wires going to the fuse box and heat shrink them. Has anyone ever deleted their abs harness and if so how exactly did you do it?

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old April 29th, 2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Anyone? I'm trying to find a good wiring schematic with no luck.

Mods:
TFS Track Heat intake,Dragon 75mm tb,Vortech V2 S-Trim 3.33 pulley,Paxton fmic,Anderson power pipe,CPR fuel rails, Lethal Performance upgraded fuel lines,Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump,60# injectors,UPR O/R xpipe, Borla Stinger catback
post #3 of 5 Old May 19th, 2017, 04:51 PM
MM Fanatic

i removed mine. just strip the black tape/sheath off the harness, trace each wire one at a time, and de-pin them out of the connector. one or two go to the fuse box i think, just depin those too.

2002 mustang gt - turbo'd and blown up
1980 mercury zephyr wagon - roller undergoing rust repair
1970 galaxie - 351W cruiser
1978 F150 - 4x4 400M with a few bolt ons
1999 PSD - stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old May 20th, 2017, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2002stang! View Post
i removed mine. just strip the black tape/sheath off the harness, trace each wire one at a time, and de-pin them out of the connector. one or two go to the fuse box i think, just depin those too.
4 or 5 went to a connector and 2 went to the underhood fuse box. I unpinned those. However you still have 7 or 8 wires going through the firewall. I purchased a complete set of Ford shop manuals including wiring diagrams. That should help me identify where they go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170507_175615958.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	195073  

Mods:
post #5 of 5 Old May 22nd, 2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

The Ford shop manuals really helped. Definitely worth what I paid for them. I was able to trace out all of the wiring and unpin the abs system. It will definitely be a much cleaner setup and I don't have to be concerned about wires that were cut and just laying in the harness.

Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page