Trying to Decide on New Rims - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old November 17th, 2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Trying to Decide on New Rims

I'm trying to decide on if what new rims to get. My goal was to change up the look from the chrome FR500 rims and try to fit an 18x10 square setup which is possible with some work. I'd also like to shed some weight, but I'm too cheap to afford fully forged rims.

First up is Konig Hypergrams, according to Konig the 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 rims are both less than 20lbs. They will not hurt me too bad in the wallet, but I'm not completely sold on the look. What do you think?
18x9.5 and 18x10.5 staggered, about $900 total
https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-...els/hypergram/

Secondly, some cheap XXR 530 rims that are 18x9.75, which should give me a fighting chance to fit up front, but are not as light at 24lbs, but would be a square setup and could be rotated. They have universal lug pattern which doesn't look so great but does have a nice concave shape which I like.
18.9.75 square, about $500 total
https://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-530-W.../53089542n.htm

Open to suggestions as long as the set of rims is less than $1000. Offset has to be +22 and at least 9.5" wide.

2003 GT
The Whole Maximum Motorsports Catalog | Cobra Brakes F&R | Brake ducts F&R | Much More | Built for Road Course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old November 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Still slow.

Konigs look much better. I strongly dislike xxr's for they way they look and the way they preform. I know you road course race so I'd highly recommend spending some more money on good wheels. I spent about 2k on a brand new set of Enkeis and I have zero regret. When I'm flying in hot to a corner at 100+mph on the track, I have a piece of mind. Its worth spending the money in the long run too, they better wheels will hold their value much better too.
post #3 of 4 Old November 18th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Regular

Garage
I like the Konigs but why staggered over a squared setup?

1999 GT Dark Green Satin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old November 18th, 2017, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 GT View Post
Konigs look much better. I strongly dislike xxr's for they way they look and the way they preform. I know you road course race so I'd highly recommend spending some more money on good wheels. I spent about 2k on a brand new set of Enkeis and I have zero regret. When I'm flying in hot to a corner at 100+mph on the track, I have a piece of mind. Its worth spending the money in the long run too, they better wheels will hold their value much better too.
Good points. The konigs are much better than the XXR rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser27 View Post
I like the Konigs but why staggered over a squared setup?
I guess I could run 18x9.5 all around. Probably just because I like a big huge tire in the back but that would go against one of my goals.

2003 GT
The Whole Maximum Motorsports Catalog | Cobra Brakes F&R | Brake ducts F&R | Much More | Built for Road Course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page