Just bought a Vortech V3 tuner kit - Page 15 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 287 Old April 21st, 2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
All Homo All The Time

I got the car, I dropped off my SCT tuner. I was on my way to work and he was working on another car on the dyno. I’m sure we will get it right next week.

When I get on the car I can smell a strong odor of coolent. I know they had to splice into my upper radiator hose and add some coolent. I don’t see any noticeable leaks but maybe some got on the motor and this is burn off. I’m going to detail my engine today and see if that takes care of it.

Detailed my engine today, took 3hrs.

GBPackerFan likes this.

Last edited by Nightmare69; April 21st, 2018 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 287 Old April 21st, 2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
You are correct. The horsepower curve flattened out quite a bit. Still, good numbers. It makes for a fun driving car that should last. A lot of people push the stock block. I can remember several posts years ago from members that tried to get to 450 rwhp on boost alone. The motors lasted a little while... measured in months. One running 13 psi on pump gas making around 415 lasted 9 months. Another running 14 psi on pump gas making near 430 lasted less.

I used to get a kick out of a member who lived at 5,000 feet who was making near 430 rwhp (corrected) on pump gas. His supercharger was putting out only 9-10 psi. Here is the thing. He was running almost exactly the same system as I was except he was running a 3.2" pulley to get 9 psi while I was running a 3.7" pulley. Take out the correction and he was probably making around 385 actual rwhp. About the same as I was. At that level the motor will last. His problem would happen if he came down out of the mountains. At that point he would be pushing 14 psi and his motor would actually be making 430 rwhp on pump gas. How long it would last is questionable.

Some people actually do push their motors that far (on the dyno) then don't on the street. I remember a member who wouldn't push his supercharged motor past 5500 rpm for fear of blowing it up. Others don't even drive their cars 2500 miles per year. There are a hell of a lot of variables so when someone says they made 450 rwhp on a stock motor find out what they are. But, your numbers are good. Your motor should last at that power level.

It really is funny. There were members who said they would push it till it blew and then put in a built motor. When it blew they disappeared. Even Jazzer disappeared after he blew his brand new built motor.
Since mine didn’t make but an extra 3wrhp at 6k I’ll stick with shifting at 5,500. My tuner said it was probably due to heat soak as that was the final pull after a couple of hours on the dyno.
post #283 of 287 Old April 21st, 2018, 03:47 PM

Everything is looking good, I love the sound of a Helical gear cut Centri.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 287 Old April 21st, 2018, 09:07 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Looks great. I should detail mine

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Cammed / Geared / 440wh 400wt

1994 V6 Convetible - Stock

2009 Malibu LTZ - Stock
post #285 of 287 Old April 21st, 2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
All Homo All The Time

What is the easiest way to take off the air filter? Remove the PS inner fender well? Bumper? Power pipe?
post #286 of 287 Old April 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post
What is the easiest way to take off the air filter? Remove the PS inner fender well? Bumper? Power pipe?
Take off the wheel on that side, and take out the headlight. You should be able to see it through the headlight area and fish your hand in there through the wheel well.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #287 of 287 Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post
Take off the wheel on that side, and take out the headlight. You should be able to see it through the headlight area and fish your hand in there through the wheel well.
Good to know.

I called about my speedo and he said he had to enter the axel ratio value in 2 places or it goes back to default. His mistake as he only entered it in one place.
GBPackerFan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page