Roll Call - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 164 Old November 22nd, 2018, 08:43 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarter View Post
I'm here fairly new. I'm trying to figure out what power adder to get Vortech v3, KB2.1 or procharger. For a second i even gave turbo a thought but heard from many SC is easier maintenance

I would stay away from a turbo unless you have the money for a new K-member and want to put up with all the tubing. If you are running 10:1 compression i would go with a centri style SC like a vortech or procharger Those are easier to install too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 164 Old November 22nd, 2018, 09:01 PM
Need more wallet filler

I'm trying to join the 400hp club lol.....I have a stock 2v engine with

78mm bbk throttle body
SR CAI
shocks all around
lowering springs
Power stop brakes
new lower control arms
new upper control arms
Borla stinger cat back
Bassani catted X
Bama Tune

SEMPER FI TILL THE DAY I DIE

2002 Laser Red Vert--A little of this and a little of that
post #43 of 164 Old November 22nd, 2018, 09:24 PM
Regular

Quote:
I'm trying to join the 400hp club lol.....I have a stock 2v engine with

78mm bbk throttle body
SR CAI
shocks all around
lowering springs
Power stop brakes
new lower control arms
new upper control arms
Borla stinger cat back
Bassani catted X
Bama Tune

Shoot. Vortech it and be done lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 164 Old November 22nd, 2018, 09:52 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Power is in my signature. Mods are in post #11 . You can get near 400 rwhp (approximately 450 hp at the crank) with a supercharger running 9 psi. We used to have lively debates on which was best. The truth is all are good. A few years ago we took a survey of those that had over 100,000 miles supercharged. There were three. One ProCharger (mine), one Vortech or Novi (I don't remember which), and one Saleen (a twin-screw). But there are differences.

The main two centrifugal superchargers are ProCharger and Vortech. The ProCharger kit comes with an air-to-air intercooler. Vortech does not but you can add either an aftermarket air-to-air intercooler or an air-to-water aftercooler. Both lower the inlet air temperature allowing you to make more power without the fear of detonation. ProCharger also has a different internal gear ratio that allow the use of a larger pulley. That help prevent belt slippage. I'm not sure but I think Kenne Belle is the only twin-screw left for our cars. Centrifugal superchargers build boost with rpm and reach peak boost at redline. Twin-screws make peak boost early and blow off the excess. The result is that twin-screws have more low end torque. But that is harder on stock connecting rods.

I am a ProCharger fan. I have 141,000 miles on mine and it is still running strong. It has its own oil reserve which I change every 5,000-6,000 miles. I also clean and re-oil the air filter at the same time. A lot of people like Votech. Some swear by Kenne Bell. Superchargers are perhaps the cheapest and easiest way to get over 450 hp. A centrifugal supercharger is basically a bolt on modification.
GBPackerFan likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1

Last edited by Eagle2000GT; November 23rd, 2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: fixed typo
post #45 of 164 Old November 22nd, 2018, 10:30 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt99GT View Post
I've mostly lurked since I joined. I originally just had a 99 gt, but bought an 03 mach 1 about 6 months ago.

I'm trying to sell the gt right now, it has a decent amount of work put into it, mostly suspension.

I bought the mach 1 stock and have since put on an MGW short throw, bassani catted x pipe and cat back, aluminum driveshaft, and a Sony xav100 head unit.
I'm really enjoying the mach a lot. Future plans are came from nasvt/Warren, suspension, and wheels. Not planning on going FI as around 370whp is more than enough for a daily driver.
That bassani... i want to hear it!!! Youtube clip please??? 🙂

Mmr900 4.75 striker. Stock heads, CMS stage 2 turbo cams, on3 67mm ball bwaring billet wheel turbo kit @12.7 psi
539 rwhp / 601 rwtq

post #46 of 164 Old November 22nd, 2018, 10:42 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
I'm here fairly new. I'm trying to figure out what power adder to get Vortech v3, KB2.1 or procharger. For a second i even gave turbo a thought but heard from many SC is easier maintenance
Vortech, procharger, or kenne bell, you will be happy with any you choose. Get whatever you can get a good deal on.

Mmr900 4.75 striker. Stock heads, CMS stage 2 turbo cams, on3 67mm ball bwaring billet wheel turbo kit @12.7 psi
539 rwhp / 601 rwtq

post #47 of 164 Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt99GT View Post
I've mostly lurked since I joined. I originally just had a 99 gt, but bought an 03 mach 1 about 6 months ago.

I'm trying to sell the gt right now, it has a decent amount of work put into it, mostly suspension.

I bought the mach 1 stock and have since put on an MGW short throw, bassani catted x pipe and cat back, aluminum driveshaft, and a Sony xav100 head unit.
I'm really enjoying the mach a lot. Future plans are came from nasvt/Warren, suspension, and wheels. Not planning on going FI as around 370whp is more than enough for a daily driver.
Lol I'll see what I can do. All I have for video is my phone, so the quality may not be very good.

I've got pypes on my gt with a catted h pipe. It sounds good but it's too loud for a daily (imo). The bassani is more subdued until you get on it, and it sounds more refined than the pypes. Though some of that may be 2v vs 4v.

Edit: pic of the exhaust and ds

post #48 of 164 Old November 23rd, 2018, 01:08 AM
Carving corners

still here off and on social media in general, have been busy racing at my local circle track on the weekends
SSG Pate likes this.

Follow me on Instagram! Username:whistles._
https://www.instagram.com/whistles._/

post #49 of 164 Old November 27th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast

I still pop on every now and then, I mostly lurk but update the threads in my sig frequently. I have a built motor and P1SC just waiting for get dropped in my 99 2v. Just I haven't found the time to tackle that yet.
SSG Pate and GBPackerFan like this.
post #50 of 164 Old December 4th, 2018, 08:03 PM
MM Fanatic

decided to log in and see how this place is doing. i still have my mustang and its still under construction. after it blew up 3 years ago i was struggling to get it back together. decided to go back to school in order to get into a career that wasnt just another dead end job, best choice ive ever made. currently have everything i need to build the engine, its basically a teksid block with TFS heads and a set of todds cams, with a precision 7675. i just need to get everything for the transmission and plan to have it moving under its own power this summer hopefully.
y2k02, akurma and 5rand0n7 like this.

2002 mustang gt - turbo'd and blown up
1980 mercury zephyr wagon - roller undergoing rust repair
1970 galaxie - 351W cruiser
1978 F150 - 4x4 400M with a few bolt ons
1999 PSD - stock
post #51 of 164 Old December 4th, 2018, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2002stang! View Post
decided to log in and see how this place is doing. i still have my mustang and its still under construction. after it blew up 3 years ago i was struggling to get it back together. decided to go back to school in order to get into a career that wasnt just another dead end job, best choice ive ever made. currently have everything i need to build the engine, its basically a teksid block with TFS heads and a set of todds cams, with a precision 7675. i just need to get everything for the transmission and plan to have it moving under its own power this summer hopefully.

what kinda level you looking to push to?

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran

700 RWHP Club Member #1

Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
[email protected]@ 523RWHP

Precision Turbo 7675 CEA @ 20 PSI
738 RWHP 691 FT LB
10.9 @ 131 MPH
post #52 of 164 Old December 4th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Regular

Garage
I may not post much but I've been a member since 2011 and stop bye to keep up with various posts. My joy / pain is a 99 GT Auto Vert motor is pretty much stock with the following additions:

COMP stage 1 CAMS
24lb injectors
Trickflow 70mm throttle body and upper plenum
MSG Coils
Nitrous Express plate kit on window switch
Steeda Cold Air Kit
UPR Catted X-pipe
Flow Master CAT Back
Performance Automatic valve body
Ford Racing 3.75 gears
Ford Racing C springs
Cobra Replica wheels staggered
Mach 1 chin spoiler and grill delete
Champion 3 Core aluminum radiator
SCT Tunner with Bama tune

Current project is to refresh / port my heads to try an correct the dreaded valve tick in the passenger side head which has been getting louder. I'm no mechanic but know / have learned enough to be dangerous.

My future dream would be to get rid of the Nitrous and install a roots style blower. I like the roots because the car is not a drag car and the I want to keep the low end torque, but this is a dream for another day.

1999 GT Vert
2013 Dodge Durango Crew
post #53 of 164 Old December 4th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Regular

Finally got the motor back from the machine shop after I spun a rod bearing. Should have it fired up in the next couple of days. Making sure everything is nice, clean and torqued properly. Canít wait for this thing to have some forced induction. Shooting for 500 at the wheels

5rand0n7 likes this.
post #54 of 164 Old December 4th, 2018, 10:26 PM
Enthusiast

SSG,

What a great idea for a thread! I haven’t been on much due to kid # 4 on the way (who says we need immigration).

Anyway I still have my 99 GT that’s got 160k on the stock motor and it has been supercharged for about 70-80k now.

Car has had several transmissions so far. Stock T45, self built T45, stock TKO 600 and self built TKO 600. The T45 was great but the blocker rings just would not let me Quick shift lightning. Stock TKO 600 was much worse then even with the build still could not Quick shift lightning. After finally getting to drive something with a faceplate (72 Camaro TKO 600) I came to the realization that the faceplate was the only way I was going to be happy and I was not going to do that for reliability and streatability reasons. So....

I just revived my Quick 6 and will be fully documenting a 6R80 swap from start to finish with video.

More to come
5rand0n7 and GBPackerFan like this.
post #55 of 164 Old December 5th, 2018, 09:49 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG Pate View Post
what kinda level you looking to push to?
ultimate goal is to get it into the 8's. it will take some time as i get the car sorted out and get used to the power. i havent driven anything with remotely any power since it blew up 3 years ago, and it was only at 400ish whp back then, so i will definitely need some seat time.

2002 mustang gt - turbo'd and blown up
1980 mercury zephyr wagon - roller undergoing rust repair
1970 galaxie - 351W cruiser
1978 F150 - 4x4 400M with a few bolt ons
1999 PSD - stock
post #56 of 164 Old December 6th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I am in deep with switching my stuff to a turbo setup.

Car is a 98
98 Romeo Iron block
Stock PI Heads
CMS Cams with CMS valve springs
Manley Pistons
Roadrunner Rods
Stock Steel Crank

Old power adder was a Vortech V3 Si, made around 14psi on 93pump - 520rwhp and 440tq

New setup is a CG fab hotside, Precision 7675. Car will be on e-85 looking for between 600-700hp and 500+tq
The rods will prob be at their limits so we will have to see. I built this engine a couple of years ago to withstand around 500whp and now im getting greedy.
bodyshot likes this.

1998 Mustang Cobra [Sold]
2000 Mustang Gt Built/Blown [Sold]

1995 Mustang Gt Built/Turbo [Part-Out]
1998 Mustang Gt Built 2v / Vortech V3 (Budget Blue)
post #57 of 164 Old December 6th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to finally03gt
I'm back after sneaking over to an SVT page when I got my GT500, and then burying my head in the sand when I had to sell it. BUT!! my family drove 4 hours and bought my '03 back for me for my birthday, so here I am again, and here I will stay!
x7sage7x, akurma, 5rand0n7 and 1 others like this.

'03 GT Auto-BBK CAI,FRPP 3.73 Gears,SCT 4-bank chip, Cobra Calipers, 13" dimpled/slotted rotors & SS front lines, BC Racing Coil Overs, BMR Single Adj. RLC, Prothane bushing kit,18x9/18x10.5 ESR R08 Wheels
post #58 of 164 Old December 8th, 2018, 06:28 AM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
as for me, i'm still here. i'm daily driving a 2017 fiesta ST these days. absolutely love that car. never would have expected a little fwd turbo 4 banger hatch to be that much fun.
I am in the same boat. Bought a 2017 FoST new, than recently traded it in for a new 2017 Focus RS2. The ST and RS scene didn't exist when I was on here in 2010. I spend most of my time and effort on my RS now, and my SVT Focus that I am keeping up on.

I still have my 01 GT, but ever since I rebuilt the motor, it was 1 step forward and 3 steps back for 3 years straight. Turned me off real fast to spending anymore money on the car. And now that I daily my RS, I haven't touched my GT except for startups.
BWAL likes this.

-

Last edited by x7sage7x; December 8th, 2018 at 07:28 AM.
post #59 of 164 Old December 11th, 2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorky View Post
Finally warm enough to wash the car, I took some video too of the exhaust.

It's a warm start, and I just did a slowish rev to 2k, then a bit faster to 4k. I didn't want to go too crazy since I live in the city with a ton of close neighbors. I'll try to get some better video (driving) later.

https://youtu.be/HthiOIt-K7w

post #60 of 164 Old December 12th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Awesome idea for a thread Pate!

I still swing by here pretty often, just don't post much anymore. I learned so much over the past 6 years on this forum. I was just an 18 year old trying to do the cheap stuff to make it "look cool" and keep it running, but now with the P1SC, I haven't had many issues and it has been 3 years boosted without any major issues other than a head gasket.

I think my next mod will be terminator engine swap. I plan on buying a block, putting it on a stand, and slowly work my way up as I find deals. I hate to tear the car apart when it keeps taking a beating.

I put the car up for the winter a few weeks ago and have some small things to fix before spring rolls around. I made it down to Mustang Week again this year and I will keep going for sure! If anybody on here makes it down, I think we should have a small meet/grab dinner one night. Kinda put a face with the name. I know I'll never get rid of mine, if anything, I'll just add another horse to the stable.
GBPackerFan likes this.

1999 Mustang GT 5 Speed Vert
Procharger P1SC @ 9 psi
382/382 STD
Tuned by Chicken Hawk Motorsports

Supercharger Build Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ld-thread.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page