2v heads on Mach 1 short block - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old June 2nd, 2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Regular

2v heads on Mach 1 short block

I recently bought a rebuilt mach 1 short block with new stock pistons (-3cc) and I'm planning on putting some ported PI heads and MHS stage 2 cams on. I was wondering if anyone has used 2v heads on a mach 1 block, and if there are any PTV issues with those pistons?

2003 Mustang GT
K&N Cold Air/BBK 78mm Throttle intake/BBK long tubes/BBK cat less X-pipe/Flowmaster 40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old June 2nd, 2019, 02:45 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Yes you can, if im not mistaken, it raises your compression ratio and isnt too bad for NA.

You’ll still have to check and adjust for ptv clearance. Thats with any motor. At least I would.

Someone on here has done it before. Hit the search, TONS of great information on the swap.

C&L CAI, 75 TB, Plenum, O/R H Pipe, SLP LM1's (Dumped), Eibach SS, Tokico S/S, Moser 31 Splines, Cobra Diff, FRPP 410's, XCal 3 93 Tune
post #3 of 4 Old June 2nd, 2019, 03:41 PM
King Trashmouth

Crunching the numbers it looks like that will give you an 11.8:1 CR (a little higher if it's been zero decked.) Definitely want to stick to a higher octane or E85 on that, but possible, especially with a bigger cam.

The downside is you'll have to check for PTV on those, and may need to retard it some to prevent any, losing some of the potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old June 2nd, 2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Regular

I've seen 2v heads work on wap blocks, but usually from an explorer or aviator, which have different pistons than the mach. The cams worked fine on my romeo, but they were tough for me to degree, I'll probably pay someone to degree them on the new block so I don't have to worry about it.

2003 Mustang GT
K&N Cold Air/BBK 78mm Throttle intake/BBK long tubes/BBK cat less X-pipe/Flowmaster 40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page