Need help asap with electrical devices - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old June 16th, 2019, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Need help asap with electrical devices

Turn signals are not flashing by themselves, only manually if I hold down brake pedal and lift lever, all lights light up in rear - battery and alternator good, good volts - rear defrost is not engaging and reverse lights may be out.

Tried new multifunction switch, new ignition switch, new fuses (#1 and #9 ), checked ground strap (a bit dirty and rusty looking but tight), negative grounds are clean and like new though - ignition switch has 12+ all across it from what I tested, also tested underhood fuses 12+ all seemed fine.

At a loss here, just came out of the blue.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I'll also add the other day wiggling the ignition switch wires did make things come on and off, now they don't. Nothing appears burnt, all wires tight and in switch properly. I also note fuse #1 seems to be air bag light (which is dim and blinks on my dash), rear defrost, and flashers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old June 21st, 2019, 01:59 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I wish I had some other suggestions for you, it seems as tho you have already checked everything and everywhere I wouldve started.

I will say this, it doesnt hurt to double check some if not all those things again. I know it's happen to me where I've suspected something, checked it then rechecked it later only to find it was the root cause of the problem after all.

Check all the bulbs, fuses, and connections to all of it as well.

Again, im sure it's not what you wanted to hear but unfortunately/fortunately, troubleshooting cars is sometimes rechecking something you may have already checked.

C&L CAI, 75 TB, Plenum, O/R H Pipe, SLP LM1's (Dumped), Eibach SS, Tokico S/S, Moser 31 Splines, Cobra Diff, FRPP 410's, XCal 3 93 Tune
post #3 of 3 Old June 21st, 2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

It was a couple things. Possibly dirty fuse connection, ground connection, and switch itself. I got that working but the switch is wired backwards (left is right, right is left). Any way you can get a clear picture of where the multi function wires go? The diagrams online are all wrong from what I can tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page