CCRM Contour fan wiring help - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old July 20th, 2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Regular

CCRM Contour fan wiring help

Does anyone have a wiring diagram to show how to use the dual speed contour fans using the CCRM trigger wires. This is how I currently have it wired up and it does work but I would like to eliminate the relays being that I shouldn’t need them because there are the relays in the CCRM. Currently the way it’s wired low speed turns 1 fan on and high speed turns both on. When I try to test the fans and put + and - to the spades on the fan motors they don’t turn on but if I wire everything up as in my schematic both fans turn on when temps are reached. I just want the CCRM TO trigger low fan and BOTH fans run low through the resistor and when CCRM calls for high fan BOTH fans run high. Thanx

Edit: in the schematic Blue/green blue/white correspond to the wiring colors on the factory plugs I’m using.. Also in schematic you will see I have high speed fan relay turning on my tranny cooler fan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4C873200-ABE8-4182-8B1B-B0D8D43BD5C7_1563635352317.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	203863   Click image for larger version

Name:	0AD1F26B-BEFD-43BE-AF50-EF9785749869_1563635365932.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	203865  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old July 20th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Hans Sprungfeld

Hard to make heads or tails of those schematics, but what it sounds like you're looking for is more on the fan side than the CCRM side. Basically your chassis provides power at the low speed pin for, well, low speed, and then when it reaches the high speed threshold it provides power at the high speed pin, just the high speed pin.

For it to make the fans have a high and low speed, they have to be two speed fans of some sort, either with a ballast resistor or dual windings.

What the factory one does is use a ballast resistor. It's pretty inefficient, but that's how it is. Basically there's only one real circuit through the fan motor itself. But with the low speed pin, it goes through a resistor first. You're basically switching the resistor on and off, depending on which pin gets power. Low? Pre-resistor (with). High? Post-resistor (without). And the CCRM is already the relay, so you just take the juice straight from the fan pigtail, no other relays required.

How are your fans configured?

FWIW, I'm running Intrepid fans. They're pretty good for flow, cheap, and very low profile. I believe they're dual winding. All I had to do was match wire to wire. I basically just slapped a matching pigtail on it and it worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page