I'm having a super odd idle. - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old August 6th, 2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm having a super odd idle.

I have an 04 gt and when I do a cold start it starts making a weird gorgling noise when it's idling. I think I ruled out the normal idle problems about . I have my tps perfectly set up, cleaned maf, good iac. What and the heck is wrong with it? I took a video of it. Its sounds slightly misfire like but, it only happens when the engine is cold.

True 40th Anniversary GT -BBK 73mm TB, SR Underdrive Pulleys, Pypes Violator Cat-back, in the process of many more mods even a better CAI than the one I have currently.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old August 8th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Regular

That is not something I have experienced personally, but I would start going though troubleshooting everything.

Clean the iac with intake cleaner - these things are notorious for going bad and causing lots of idle issues. (If cleaning "fixes" the issue then replace it as cleaning is only temporary)
Remove custom tune
Unplug the battery for about 30 minutes then start the car and let it idle for about 10 minutes maybe ever take it for a little drive - This will reset and re-calibrate the ECU
Start the car and pull the spark plug connector and see if the motor gets worse or stays the same. I've personally had misfire issues and not seen an error code.

The ultimate daily driver project

post #3 of 6 Old August 8th, 2019, 11:35 AM
MM Fanatic

Is it a gurgle or a stutter? Ive had gurgling in both my 87 grand marquis and 98 crown vic and both were coolant running through the heater core. My 02 gt made a stuttering sound before I parked it that I narrowed down to my iac. Post the video if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The IAC is old however, when I use my climate control the engine gets noise and students pretty bad. I'm going to replace that sensor soon anyways.

True 40th Anniversary GT -BBK 73mm TB, SR Underdrive Pulleys, Pypes Violator Cat-back, in the process of many more mods even a better CAI than the one I have currently.

post #5 of 6 Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Kinda more like a studded. It happebs much worse when I turn on the climate controls. Worse for heat which is odd.

post #6 of 6 Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Studder. Sorry spell check.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page