Turbo Question.. - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old November 5th, 2006, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Turbo Question..

I am thinking about getting the 99-04 5 speed single turbo kit off turbomustangs.com. I have a 2003 Mustang GT, its all stock as far as performance goes and i was wondering if i was to get the turbo kit if i would need to get different pistons and a whole bunch of other stuff. Or do u bolt on the kit and go? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old November 5th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Regular

You would need forged rods, pistons and crank and a set of heads and cams would be nice... as for turbo I'd go with a twin setup and this is what I'd get http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...f14950d7770964
post #3 of 22 Old November 5th, 2006, 11:54 PM

I heard that for a V8, the twin turbo is muuuuch more efficient since the exhaust is split, 4 cylinders into one manifold and 4 cylinders into the other, you need two turbos to get the full boost. Single turbo you'll only get half of what you could get. I dunno if you already knew that. Just trying to help. Being active. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old November 6th, 2006, 01:33 AM

but no, I cant answer your question about getting new pistons etc... sorry.
post #5 of 22 Old November 6th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72
dont listen to anything either one of them said. you can make just as much power with a single turbo as your can with a twin turbos. that thing he said about not getting full boost is just wrong, you will not get full boost as early but you will still get full boost. when i was looking into turbos i found with the the hp twins id be at full boost at around 3300 rpms and with a big single t-76 turbo, id be at full boost around 4000 rpms.

as for needing new rods and pistons, it is not mandatory yet. your not going to be able to take advantage of what the turbo is going to do for you over what a supercharger will do becasue you wont be able to run the turbos to their full potential. stock shortblocks are okay for a little boost but once you get up over 400 rwhp, your really putting some pressure on the rods and pistons and they will eventually give out. now if you keep things tame and keep the boost down low and have a good tune, youll be allright for a long time. thats why i woudl suggest a supercharger for your application becuase the turbos are much more expenive, nd youll never be able to tkae advantage of having them without a built short block.

if you were to rebuild, your going to need forged h-beam rods, and forged pistons that have a big dish in them to lower the compression. with boost you want your compression to be anywhere from 8.0:1-9.5:1 but the lower the better for a lot of boost.

also think about having your heads ported, and getting some blower or some turbo cams

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
post #6 of 22 Old November 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Regular

ok, so if i go single turbo i can pretty much bolt it on and go (other than tuning). and my stock engine and components should be good ?

Black 03 GT
SLP LM1 exhaust
Hellion 62mm Turbo Kit
405 RWHP--458 RWTQ
Stock LOOKING....

post #7 of 22 Old November 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72
well theyll be good for a little bit but if you get greedy with it. i sitll think unless you planning on building the bottom end is to just throw on a supercharger and call it a day, theres more o it than just bolting on and going. there are a lot of little things you need to worry about, like fuel issues and you will have fuel issues cuz the stock stuff isnt gonna support a ton of power. there are a little things that will pop up that will get you. the bottem end can hold about a 400-450 hp but when you get around there, its not gonna last for ever

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
post #8 of 22 Old November 7th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to matrixpuba Send a message via Yahoo to matrixpuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyandy
I heard that for a V8, the twin turbo is muuuuch more efficient since the exhaust is split, 4 cylinders into one manifold and 4 cylinders into the other, you need two turbos to get the full boost. Single turbo you'll only get half of what you could get. I dunno if you already knew that. Just trying to help. Being active. lol
you cant be serious. did you just make that up? you need to do some research before posting an answer like that.

post #9 of 22 Old November 7th, 2006, 01:10 PM

post #10 of 22 Old November 8th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Achieving more N/A power!

Send a message via AIM to gills99stang
ahaha I freaking love it!!!

Brendan
'99 Mustang GT [ 318 rwhp N/A ] - SOLD ()
'04 F150 XLT SuperCab

post #11 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Enthusiast

You will need higher pressure injectors, svt focus fuel pump, probably a tubular k member. It depends on the kit. Do your research. You should stick with about 6-9 psi if you want your motor to last. That will put you pretty close to 400 hp if you get a good tune.
post #12 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:27 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyandy View Post

Lol i hope ur not serious.. Please if ur not sure dont reply not trying to be mean or anything just trying to save you from getting flamed in the future..

i'm pretty sure that when i move into my own place i'm gonna mount an anti aircraft gun on my roof with somebody manning it 24 hours a day.

why?

because it would be fucking AWESOME.[/quote]
post #13 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:36 AM
MM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to moosenuk17 Send a message via MSN to moosenuk17 Send a message via Yahoo to moosenuk17
WHITE FANG II!!!!24/7 fukker
post #14 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosenuk17 View Post
WHITE FANG II!!!!24/7 fukker
Lol i was thinking that or demello..

i'm pretty sure that when i move into my own place i'm gonna mount an anti aircraft gun on my roof with somebody manning it 24 hours a day.

why?

post #15 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:42 AM
MM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to moosenuk17 Send a message via MSN to moosenuk17 Send a message via Yahoo to moosenuk17
^^either or=bad!
post #16 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:45 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosenuk17 View Post
^^either or=bad!
lol so true..

why?

post #17 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
MM elder

demello now thats some funny shit

MM BRACKET RACING CREW CO-FOUNDER

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............12.73 @ 112........d/r only
post #18 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 01:59 AM
MM elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyandy View Post
WTF?

MM BRACKET RACING CREW CO-FOUNDER

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............12.73 @ 112........d/r only
post #19 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 03:06 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper gt View Post
demello now thats some funny shit
LOL hes on a few of my local forums and not to many people like him

why?

post #20 of 22 Old March 8th, 2009, 03:09 AM
MM Fanatic

dude he is the first guy that PM'd me when i joined, 1st pm, knew he was a doomass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page