'79 Monte Carlo Project (lots of pics) - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old May 11th, 2014, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
(.)(.)

'79 Monte Carlo Project (lots of pics)

Okay so say hello to Josephine! Its a 1979 Monte Carlo. Looking rough but solid as can be and undercoated. Drove home under her own power to boot... not bad for $1300! Bought September-ish of 2013.

Distributor I pulled out of the old 267... Its now in a pile of scrap

Ripped the heater core, blower fan and a/c out of it... Its a nice day cruiser and track car. Windows down is my style anyways

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Time for some machine work and putting her back together!
So I'm on a budget... well was. It was blown out of the water a few times over But I'm going for reliable and read through reviews and research before EVERY purchase

Vortec heads I found on a 98 Suburban at a pull and pay

After a .006 trim, valve job, new springs, retainers and screw in studs.

Engine bay was covered in TONS of old oil, grease and grime. So after 3 cans of degreaser, one bottle of simple green and two cans of oven cleaner later, we got it pressure washed down to bare metal and painted it with high temp black paint. Because black is awesome of course!

Took the block to the machine shop in what else?! The mustang of course!! haha

Dry Fit

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Okay so a few things. Most every bolt is a new ARP bolt except just a few. All gaskets are fel-pro and mr.gasket. Block was line honed, bored .030 over, clearenced for longer 383 stroke, 'zero' decked, new cam bearings and freeze plugs. Ill just post the rest of the assembly pics. If anyone wants part brands or numbers even, I have MOST everything documented and can share info

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Mustang hauling again lol th350, complete rebuild kit, stage 2 shift kit and 25oo stall convertor.

My uncle helping paint lol keep the hating to yourself, yes we spray painted it flat for now. Its just gotta last a year and then will be painted professionally next spring

Only chrome on this engine is the valve covers and fuel pump. I sprayed the block and heads with high temp clear because i love the raw steel and black theme. Rest of the shiny stuff is machined aluminum

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

'79 Monte Carlo Project Build
02 Mustang GT
BBK CAI, Accufab 75mm TB, BBK Ceramic Headers, JBA o/r H-Pipe, Borla S-type Catback, SCT 93 Tune, EGR/PCV Delete.. Eat that global warming!
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old May 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Nice looking project so far!!!

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #3 of 7 Old May 12th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Looks great! Should run pretty well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old May 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
(.)(.)

Thanks guys! Also I forgot to mention it's making 10.4:1 compression. So should be plenty peppy! Haha this week I got 750 carb, msd dizzy, the headers and belts on... I can almost hear it starting now!

02 Mustang GT
BBK CAI, Accufab 75mm TB, BBK Ceramic Headers, JBA o/r H-Pipe, Borla S-type Catback, SCT 93 Tune, EGR/PCV Delete.. Eat that global warming!
DON'T TREAD ON ME
post #5 of 7 Old June 5th, 2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
(.)(.)

Finally doing some cruising in the '79! Made a video of the idle after we broke it in

02 Mustang GT
DON'T TREAD ON ME
post #6 of 7 Old June 6th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Hardcore Devotee

Looking good man. Keep us updated!

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #7 of 7 Old June 9th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Regular

Sounds good. I have had 6 Monte Carlos myself would like another SS(84-87) this time with a turbo LSX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page