My new Daily Dub - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old December 19th, 2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Boost Bro

My new Daily Dub

I figured it'd be fun to show off my new daily I got in august. I needed a good reliable car to take to school and back (30mi one way) and something that was fuel efficient. I started my search last spring for something smaller, hatchback, and quick(around 200hp) that would be a fun daily and wouldn't make me miss the mustang as much in the winter. So naturally I wanted a focus ST, however I couldn't quite swing the payments for one. But my first choice was a Fiesta ST, they're just so small and light and with 200hp it'd be the funnest daily ever!

However even the fiesta ST's were kinda pricey for me so I kept looking for something I would like. Finally I came to my senses and thought well let's look at the hot hatch that started it all. So my attention finally fell to the Mk6 GTI that I found on CL. Went to look at it that week and picked it up and drove her home!

It took some getting used to but I really enjoy the car, considering I never really looked at VW's before. I wanted to try something new!

The car is a 2010 GTI with the DSG. I figured the DSG would be nicer to drive as a daily and I was right. It's sooo nice just to put it in D and go compared to the mustang.

I got her for 13k with 56k miles on the clock. And it was super clean, owned by a Chinese kid that came here for school.

I gotta say for being a little hatch it defiantly has some get up and go for 200hp, and I was super happy with it. And the DSG shifts are unbelievable.

I love the interior too, its really such a nice place to be in.

And yes. I love the plaid.

Right off the bat I did a bunch of maintenance on the car. I did the DSG service, plugs, filter and little things like that. Drove it for a month but I always noticed a weird coolant smell from it that drove me nuts. Finally a month into owning it the radiator split from the bottom and blew up in my driveway(which I was super lucky about)

So I figured no real big deal I'll just order a new one and swap it in. Well I orderd one from Ebay, and it didn't have a sensor I needed on it(thanks VW). So I ordered one from a OEM parts website and it came super bent to the point it was useless. So another attempt after bitching I finally got one that worked, only 3 weeks later... Apparently someone mixed the G12 coolant with some green stuff and it got super acidic and bad things happened and made the radiators seals crack. Sick.

I found the car wasn't as maintained as I'd hoped but overall it wasn't too bad since I had the knowledge to fix it.

After that I drove it for a month and got it tuned which is amazing.

It went from 200hp and 208tq, to 270hp and 300tq with JUST A STAGE 1 TUNE!!
Its a monster now and I love it

I'll put up a vid of the difference from stock, as this is a stock pull I did in it.

You can kinda hear the turbo BOV in this. Its just how loud it gets with a tune

I did put some snows on it, which were useless for a good while since we didn't have snow since yesterday.

But now we finally got snow. and I gotta say this thing is a TANK in the snow. But stupid stability control won't let me slide ripping the ebrake

I also put some HIDs in it too.

2000 GT
2010 GTI = Stage 2 Daily
Cammed+Intercooled Vortech S Trim
441 rwhp / 390 rwtq @ 7psi
Instagram @Patrykd07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old April 13th, 2016, 11:13 PM

If I was ever concerned with fuel mileage, that would likely be the car I get.

Surprisingly quick, 30+mpg, comfy, and decent in the corners.

Only real reason I didn't go there was I wanted to build a monster, and that and FWD don't go great together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page