Modded Mustang Forums banner

How fast do cop cars go?

27K views 194 replies 89 participants last post by  DickH 
#1 ·
I have heard that the crown vics max out at 110 mph. Do any of yall know more about cop cars?

#62 ·
My neighbor is a police officer for the arapahoe county sherifs office, he drives his car on a daily basis. One day I asked him how fast does his car go and he says faster than yours. So......we drove to bandimere and ran the 1/4 mile, I ran a 14.2@107 and he ran 17@94. I teased him for a while and we headed home, he called me and says now lets race. I back off at 150 and he was prolly 30-50ft ahead of me. he says cop car rear ends are like2.90 or 3.0's..IDK but they're low so they can reach high speeds.

BTW: He was drivin a charger r/t

#64 ·
About 130ish is about right. Just remember that cops also have some other cars that they can use to get you. I never recommend trying to run from the cops, just going fast enough i get away and hide but ONLY if you know that they had no time to get you plate number by sight or cam. :D

Not that I have ever done that.

:shiftyeyes

:D:D:D

:sorry

This post has been deleted
#71 ·
i've been in the new v6 impalas at 134mph, 07 crown vic p71 w/ 373 went 120mph, charger went 146mph... and yes I'm in with the 5oh around here, grew up with em all...

and a lot of the local units are getting s197's now.. one in Apex NC.

#73 ·
The Crown Vic itself, is rather slow. Your talking a mid-high 15 second car at best. Add all the weight from radios, wiring, lighting etc. and im sure they slow down even more. As far as speed governors, it seems to vary depending on a few things like gear ratios and such, but i was told by a Mass state police trooper that his cruiser cuts off at 138.

Of course, a Charger R/T in your rear window would be a whole nother story...

#74 ·
The Crown Vic itself, is rather slow. Your talking a mid-high 15 second car at best.

Of course, a Charger R/T in your rear window would be a whole nother story...
charger r/t give them a srt8 then maybe they'll have chance :D ive gotten away from plenty of crown vics. even in a bolt on gt. just make a few turns and drive it like you stole it.

if youre going 100+ and you catch the cop flat footed, and if know the area well enuogh to get away. its stupid to stop. granted there isnt any traffic and a place to turn off. turnpike ud be ****ed no matter what your driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.