06 Stang V6 Vs 06 Civic Si 2.0L V-tec - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 156 Old November 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86er
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86er
if it is any concern my roommate just went 14.70's in his 5 speed 05 v6 mustang.


I dont think that si will come close to a 14 sec quarter mile.

Now whether or not my roommates car is a factory freak or not I dont know about that
no way in hell is that V6 stock, not a chance



and
my bad i had a different perspective on that question im not sure the exact rwhp or rwtq i did have the intake checked to see if it is producing whats its specified 2 and it was but didnt get exact #'s sry

no...not rrwhp or rwtq at all not even at the crank with those mods
that pulls like 210 stock at the crank...with intake and exhaust...i'd give you 225hp being nice. if its just cat backs lol ive give you less then 220

if stock means factory intake, exhaust, tires, filter, oil, plugs wires, then yes its bone stock, there was an auto goin 15.1's all day long

not a chance, dude the 99-04s do 16s bone stock
20hp more will not take down a full second, not to mention the more weight. idk where u heard that
itschristorres8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 156 Old November 26th, 2006, 03:55 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
im gunna have to call out XxViSiOnxX and 86er

XxViSiOnxX no way your car is pulling those dyno #s with the mods you have

and 86er...i have yet to see a 05+v6 staight from the dealer NOTHING AT ALL done to the car not a thing....doing 15.1 in the 1/4
the new v6's ARE A SLIGHT SLIGHT Bit faster...and being that you sed an auto doing 15.1....doesnt help, not evena 5speed will pull that
itschristorres8 is offline  
post #23 of 156 Old November 26th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
86er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 7,991
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 86er Send a message via Yahoo to 86er
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8
im gunna have to call out XxViSiOnxX and 86er

XxViSiOnxX no way your car is pulling those dyno #s with the mods you have

and 86er...i have yet to see a 05+v6 staight from the dealer NOTHING AT ALL done to the car not a thing....doing 15.1 in the 1/4
the new v6's ARE A SLIGHT SLIGHT Bit faster...and being that you sed an auto doing 15.1....doesnt help, not evena 5speed will pull that

i find this funny, ive got a magazine, yes a magazine, we know how far off their times are in cars, they have a 05 v6 auto doin 15.3 in their test of it. maybe people just suck at driving i dunno, but ive seen him 8 times now run 14.7-14.9 bone stock

ive seen 3800 camaros run 14.4's all day long too, bone stock.

Just a truck
5.4 3v: 264hp 317ft lbs rock stock

The "search" button, its not just for porn

piecing together the next project


faster than your first sexual experience
86er is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 156 Old November 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
i bet your looking at 05 v6s that were tuned..not stock, but only tuned by an xcal....Vmptuning has done the same and gotten those results
itschristorres8 is offline  
post #25 of 156 Old November 27th, 2006, 06:23 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 975
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86er
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86er
if it is any concern my roommate just went 14.70's in his 5 speed 05 v6 mustang.


I dont think that si will come close to a 14 sec quarter mile.

Now whether or not my roommates car is a factory freak or not I dont know about that
no way in hell is that V6 stock, not a chance



and
my bad i had a different perspective on that question im not sure the exact rwhp or rwtq i did have the intake checked to see if it is producing whats its specified 2 and it was but didnt get exact #'s sry

no...not rrwhp or rwtq at all not even at the crank with those mods
that pulls like 210 stock at the crank...with intake and exhaust...i'd give you 225hp being nice. if its just cat backs lol ive give you less then 220

if stock means factory intake, exhaust, tires, filter, oil, plugs wires, then yes its bone stock, there was an auto goin 15.1's all day long

not a chance, dude the 99-04s do 16s bone stock
20hp more will not take down a full second, not to mention the more weight. idk where u heard that
Wow I dunno about that, I had a 16 second escort and got owned by one, and beat/evened out with one in the Si.
2000Si is offline  
post #26 of 156 Old November 27th, 2006, 06:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 462
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I have personally seen the new v6's(rental ones that were partially tuned to be exact) run at the track and those could hit about 15 flat max in the 1/4. A mechanically stock one needs a good driver to get those times though, because of its TERRIBLE wieght ratio and open rear, you have to launch perfectly to ge those kinds of times with them. Whil they were driven by good drivers, at fist they were pulling around 16 flats and slowly lowered until they hit 15 flats. As for the si, i think it should be much more consistent, and while not able to have the possibility to have as fast of a best 1/4(i think, havent seen one run yet)it sould win atleast most of the races in the beginning. Thats my prediction, but id like to hear how a race like this turns out.
Sa-WaitNoMustang900Turbo is offline  
post #27 of 156 Old November 27th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Doc
 
HMUSN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 37,101
                     
iTrader: 11 reviews
what? no-one wants to see who will win if that civic takes on a poor little 2v GT?




HMUSN is offline  
post #28 of 156 Old November 27th, 2006, 10:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 462
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
unless the gt driver was dropped as a child, there is no way that it would lose, lol

i know a better one, how 'bout the civic takes a poor little beat up 1-2k dollar '80s SAAB 4v turbo with a good engine and get stomped? lol (too bad saab 900's cannot go from a dig though, weak tranny, its the wear and tear from drag is not worth it on those cars)
Sa-WaitNoMustang900Turbo is offline  
post #29 of 156 Old November 27th, 2006, 10:33 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa-WaitNoMustang900Turbo
unless the gt driver was dropped as a child, there is no way that it would lose, lol

i know a better one, how 'bout the civic takes a poor little beat up 1-2k dollar '80s SAAB 4v turbo with a good engine and get stomped? lol (too bad saab 900's cannot go from a dig though, weak tranny, its the wear and tear from drag is not worth it on those cars)
why dont you build the tranny or get one to handle the power...
or you just dont have interest really in drag racing it?
itschristorres8 is offline  
post #30 of 156 Old November 27th, 2006, 11:03 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 975
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa-WaitNoMustang900Turbo
unless the gt driver was dropped as a child, there is no way that it would lose, lol

i know a better one, how 'bout the civic takes a poor little beat up 1-2k dollar '80s SAAB 4v turbo with a good engine and get stomped? lol (too bad saab 900's cannot go from a dig though, weak tranny, its the wear and tear from drag is not worth it on those cars)
Because saab 900s take 8 minutes to get to 60...

The other night I was passing some Grand Prix SE on the highway when he decided to speed up and get next to me? wtf?

If i was in that mood, he would have had a nice long look at the taillights.
2000Si is offline  
post #31 of 156 Old November 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 462
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Yeah the stock 0-60 suck in them, mainly because no owner wants to put unneccesary stress on the tranny, and you would have to shift twice before 60 even though it has a huge first gear.

As for the tranny thing, most people with 900's dont care about drag at all, fwd euro of course, and the tranny can handle the power up top or on a dirt road or in the snow where the car is designed to be. As for building it up, you can to a certain point, but it is not worth it or really feasable. The only real option for a tranny is a rare rally spec tranny from sweeden or the old chill cast 4spd from the 99, but because most 900's are so cheap to get people only put those hard to find or in the case of the rally tranny, expensive and hard to find trannies in their car if it is really built, otherwise every race season(or in the middle of the season) they just do a rebuild or have multiple trannies to rotate while one is being worked on.

Most owners feel that the sacrifice of the maintainence needy tranny is a very minor sacrifice for the incredibly strong and powerful engine that can easily be made to fit into many race classes. While for a built upengine the tranny will need some car, for a completely stock engine, the tranny is more than adequate as long as you treat it with care. Mine has only had one minor rebuild and it is over 243k miles
Sa-WaitNoMustang900Turbo is offline  
post #32 of 156 Old December 5th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gatorland
Posts: 7,599
     
iTrader: 3 reviews
I have beaten one from a roll... High roll at that. About 40 mph he hit it and then I played catch up cause i wasnt in the need to weave through traffic. Eventually caught up my rear bumper at his front passenger door then I mashed my breaks for traffic. You will guarenteed win. This guy's wasn't even stock. Had exhaust and motor work.
flattusmaximus78 is offline  
post #33 of 156 Old December 5th, 2006, 08:36 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 975
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78
I have beaten one from a roll... High roll at that. About 40 mph he hit it and then I played catch up cause i wasnt in the need to weave through traffic. Eventually caught up my rear bumper at his front passenger door then I mashed my breaks for traffic. You will guarenteed win. This guy's wasn't even stock. Had exhaust and motor work.
When was this? exhaust? barely anything exists for the new Si's yet, and by engine work do you mean a Short ram intake?
2000Si is offline  
post #34 of 156 Old December 5th, 2006, 08:40 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78
I have beaten one from a roll... High roll at that. About 40 mph he hit it and then I played catch up cause i wasnt in the need to weave through traffic. Eventually caught up my rear bumper at his front passenger door then I mashed my breaks for traffic. You will guarenteed win. This guy's wasn't even stock. Had exhaust and motor work.
MY ASS unless you were in that GT..

ive got just exhaust and intake although i didnt really race him my buddy has new SI and he beat me...i was in 3rd tho at like 2.3rpms and didnt drop it in 2nd for some reason but i doubt you beat him...especially from a roll then u say you caught up

pull out the BS card on that story as well
itschristorres8 is offline  
post #35 of 156 Old December 6th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Doc
 
HMUSN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 37,101
                     
iTrader: 11 reviews
i raced a newer si. in my 6.
from a 40mph roll.

yea so... 4:10's seemed to help alot...




HMUSN is offline  
post #36 of 156 Old December 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMUSN
i raced a newer si. in my 6.
from a 40mph roll.

yea so... 4:10's seemed to help alot...
yea gears a is a big difference for that race.
especially 4.10s
itschristorres8 is offline  
post #37 of 156 Old December 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Regular
 
XxViSiOnxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: WhiTTiEr Cali
Posts: 296
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to XxViSiOnxX Send a message via MSN to XxViSiOnxX
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8
im gunna have to call out XxViSiOnxX and 86er

XxViSiOnxX no way your car is pulling those dyno #s with the mods you have

and 86er...i have yet to see a 05+v6 staight from the dealer NOTHING AT ALL done to the car not a thing....doing 15.1 in the 1/4
the new v6's ARE A SLIGHT SLIGHT Bit faster...and being that you sed an auto doing 15.1....doesnt help, not evena 5speed will pull that
Calling Who out!!! what What the hell are you talking about dyno #'s i didnt give you any dyno because ive never dyno tested my car this is a stock report you can get online threw ford!! so relax with your call out's and look before you talk it seems as you know way more than you think lol and it looks like in your opinion no 05-06+ stang can beat anything but maybe a Pinto or a Diahatsu stock lol cmon man maybe you need to get ur ass in one and drive it to see what they can really do!

MODS: In Garage


XxViSiOnxX is offline  
post #38 of 156 Old December 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxViSiOnxX
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8
im gunna have to call out XxViSiOnxX and 86er

XxViSiOnxX no way your car is pulling those dyno #s with the mods you have

and 86er...i have yet to see a 05+v6 staight from the dealer NOTHING AT ALL done to the car not a thing....doing 15.1 in the 1/4
the new v6's ARE A SLIGHT SLIGHT Bit faster...and being that you sed an auto doing 15.1....doesnt help, not evena 5speed will pull that
Calling Who out!!! what What the hell are you talking about dyno #'s i didnt give you any dyno because ive never dyno tested my car this is a stock report you can get online threw ford!! so relax with your call out's and look before you talk it seems as you know way more than you think lol and it looks like in your opinion no 05-06+ stang can beat anything but maybe a Pinto or a Diahatsu stock lol cmon man maybe you need to get ur ass in one and drive it to see what they can really do!
what they really do? my dad rented one for a week. they are nothing to brag about. ive raced and auto in my 2000 and one. dude they are a HUGE leap from the new edge. they have slight more power with more weight. its not like its a GT dude...
plain and simple dont say what hp your car has if you dont know....

and yea, incase you got confused on who i called out...yes that was YOU, with the made up hp #s, now that i called you out....i deffinitly proved you wrong...actually you proved yourself wrong...you gave out #s that you said your car does and you've never dyno'd it...dyno it..you'll be in for a surprise and see how right i am.
and i say what i know. if i dont i'll say i dont. i know those numbers you have wont show up on a dyno. I KNOW they wont
itschristorres8 is offline  
post #39 of 156 Old December 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Regular
 
XxViSiOnxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: WhiTTiEr Cali
Posts: 296
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to XxViSiOnxX Send a message via MSN to XxViSiOnxX
ok so what your telling me is your car can beat a auto with the mod's you have it must have been a stock one sure whoopty dooo, and second your saying the #/s i gave are wrong hmm...why dont you check what FORD has on there site and call them lier's then and make sure you get a apology from them for throwing fake shyt out to people ok and you proved exactly 0 to me first i never said those were dyno #/s if you wanna check my original post! and if they were im sure they would be close to correct anyways and you said you beat a 06 Auto HA ur a joke...just like you posted in another thread all you did was CAI and Exhaust...6-8hp maybe 1pd tq and you beat a 06 Auto YEA right lets do a little comparison shall we...!!

.......................2000 Ford Mustang V6-V8..........................
..............................Coupe V6...........Coupe GT V8
Standard Engine 3.8L 190 hp V6 ........4.6L 260 hp V8
Horsepower .....190 @ 5250 RPM.........260 @ 5250 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) ...220 @ 2750 RPM.........302 @ 4000 RPM

Heres The 2007 Model and you telling me that these are fake i magically made all these #'s by myself HAHA

...................Mustang V6............Mustang GT.........Shelby GT500
Engine.....4.0L SOHC 12V V6 4.6L OHV 24V V8 5.4L DOHC 32V V8
Horsepower....210 @ 5250..........300 @ 5750...........500 @ 6000
Torque...........240 @ 3500..........320 @ 4500...........480 @ 4500

cmon man give it a rest anyways thanks for your feedback

MODS: In Garage


XxViSiOnxX is offline  
post #40 of 156 Old December 9th, 2006, 12:29 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,799
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxViSiOnxX
ok so what your telling me is your car can beat a auto with the mod's you have it must have been a stock one sure whoopty dooo, and second your saying the #/s i gave are wrong hmm...why dont you check what FORD has on there site and call them lier's then and make sure you get a apology from them for throwing fake shyt out to people ok and you proved exactly 0 to me first i never said those were dyno #/s if you wanna check my original post! and if they were im sure they would be close to correct anyways and you said you beat a 06 Auto HA ur a joke...just like you posted in another thread all you did was CAI and Exhaust...6-8hp maybe 1pd tq and you beat a 06 Auto YEA right lets do a little comparison shall we...!!

.......................2000 Ford Mustang V6-V8..........................
..............................Coupe V6...........Coupe GT V8
Standard Engine 3.8L 190 hp V6 ........4.6L 260 hp V8
Horsepower .....190 @ 5250 RPM.........260 @ 5250 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) ...220 @ 2750 RPM.........302 @ 4000 RPM

Heres The 2007 Model and you telling me that these are fake i magically made all these #'s by myself HAHA

...................Mustang V6............Mustang GT.........Shelby GT500
Engine.....4.0L SOHC 12V V6 4.6L OHV 24V V8 5.4L DOHC 32V V8
Horsepower....210 @ 5250..........300 @ 5750...........500 @ 6000
Torque...........240 @ 3500..........320 @ 4500...........480 @ 4500

cmon man give it a rest anyways thanks for your feedback
ok now im guessing your just a ricer..
if you know anything,....hp numbers dont mean much AT ALL
tell me how the owner of this site joe, has a 412hp GT runs 11.47 and can beat an 06 Z06 with almost 100hp more...
your talking about 20hp and 20tq difference! and my cars was STOCK when i raced that 05 v6. 20hp....buddy get a brain thats a drivers race, and the 05's weigh a bit more too. i know the numbers...they dont mean a whole lot...

ohh and here are your numbers...that are quoted!
[quote="itschristorres8"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxViSiOnxX
Yes Mine HAve Been Tuned So Im Approx 218rwhp With 257 rwtq
you said RWHP! now using your own information to prove you wrong the information you gave above saying that the mustang you have has 210hp...that is BHP...rwhp is not that much, its at about 180...
so your going to tell me that you gained 28RWHP off of a CAI and JUST EXHAUST!! LMAO
nice dude maybe you should get a sticker and say it gives you 20hp too.. GET outta here dude those gains you wont even see from BHP let alone rwhp.

sooo now lets look at everything

you-05 V6-about 180RWHP......+CAI+Exhaust=(according to you)218RWHP...but of course...your about right on that like you say...

me
2000 V6 5speed vs. a 2005 V6 auto=i claim to have won...BOTH STOCK.
specs...20BHP difference...auto vs manaul=auto-20% drivterain loss, manual only15%......hmmmm
man this IS A DRIVERS RACE. clearly i was the better driver.


ok so...whats your point again...can you show me where your right? cause ive used your information to prove you wrong, in otherwards you helped me...prove you wrong
face it...you dont know
itschristorres8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome