losing faith in AM - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow

losing faith in AM

this is the second time this has happened in the last few months .....
i have been shopping AM for about 5 years and i have always been happy.
i am not going to name the person i spoke to ( as i dont want to get that person in trouble; maybe they're new and in training etc ....but the situation could have been handled much better )
i called asking a basic technical question about a basic part that i bought from AM. i told the rep (at the very beginning) that if they were not qualified to answer, please refer me to someone else, as i am relying upon their/AM answer.
well after 20+ minutes and 4 times of "let me go ask and find out".....i even asked a 2nd time to speak to someone else...i didnt get a real answer and i had to hang up.
i am losing faith in AM. i think the reps should know about what they are selling and if not ( thats OK ), at least refer me to someone who does instead of keeping me on hold 4x and relaying 2nd hand info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Regular

Coolstory
post #3 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 03:10 PM
MM Fanatic

Cool story? I think it's a legitimate issue and i agree it's bs. Stop the leg humping.

Sent from my N860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2006 Toyota Tacoma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM
good with the steel.

What did you ask about?

I give him credit for atleast trying to find out the answer for you.

The problem is when you have a large inventory from lug nuts to valve springs you cant know in detail about every part from foxbodys to s197.
On top of that most people working the phones arnt installers, so most knowledge is second hand.

Besides if you had a technical question.... why didnt you use this knowledge facial of a forum to get a answer?

Hanging up on someone trying to help you is a dick move imo.

Put youself in that guys shoes, you're running around for 20mins trying to ask the technical experts who are busy working on the shop cars only to find out the guy you're trying to help hung up.

I'm not trying to be a dick but they sent you the part thats there main end state, as they are a parts dealer. Forums have a plethora of knowledge and cookies.

Mods: AED 93/E85 tune, jba 1 7/8 longtubes, jba catted H, pypes 3" catback, Airraid CAI, jlt oil separator, sound tube delete, gt500 spoiler, helper spring delete, frpp 47lb injectors.

100 dry shot

Other car: 96 Camaro Single turbo, low boost.
post #5 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!

I'm sorry but why would your first thought be to call American Muscle with a technical install question. My first thought would be research it on the forums, or call a performance shop like JPC, Street Lethal Performance, etc. American Muscle is a business primarily focusing on sales, not technical aspects of the parts (even though they have tech savy individuals). They may have some knowledgeable Mustang enthusiasts but they are not ALL Mustang guys. I'm sure they won't steer you wrong and will do everything in their power to help you out (most likely put you in touch with someone that can give a definite answer) but if I really need an answer I'm calling someone I know has first hand technical experience when it comes to Mustangs.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - At Corsa
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone

Last edited by bakerjd; November 7th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
post #6 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
ZYZZ Brah

Only thing I don't like about AM is their dog-shit slow website. It freezes every 5 seconds on every computer or phone I use and their shipping is slow to Houston. Took like 8 days last order I got from them.

LMR ships overnight to my doorstep :] Both businesses are good IMO, I just prefer LMR due to lightning fast shipping and their site doesn't glitch every 5 seconds.

post #7 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko2 View Post
Only thing I don't like about AM is their dog-shit slow website. It freezes every 5 seconds on every computer or phone I use and their shipping is slow to Houston. Took like 8 days last order I got from them.

LMR ships overnight to my doorstep :] Both businesses are good IMO, I just prefer LMR due to lightning fast shipping and their site doesn't glitch every 5 seconds.
Might have something to do with LMR being based in Texas

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver
post #8 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM
ZYZZ Brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
Might have something to do with LMR being based in Texas
Yup and I'm forever thankful for that! lol It's a love/hate relationship. I love the lightning fast shipping, but I hate knowing that because I buy way too much shit based upon life of instant gratification.

post #9 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Quote:

LMR ships from TX thats why it reaches you so fast. AM ships from Penn., thats why it reaches me so fast.

Edit: Just saw baker already addressed the LMR Texas thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee!
Dude if you had a vagina I would end you

Last edited by UDEAFBRO?; October 18th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
post #10 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
aloha ke akua

AM has been nothing short of excellent for me and their site is extremely organized and fast. I'm always impressed with their service (except for one instance one guy kind've shafted me) BUT that happens with every company occassionally, right?

21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
post #11 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
ZYZZ Brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
AM has been nothing short of excellent for me and their site is extremely organized and fast. I'm always impressed with their service (except for one instance one guy kind've shafted me) BUT that happens with every company occassionally, right?
Which browser do you use? I have IE at work and AM's site always glitches and freezes, and on safari it always glitches and freezes. I'm gonna try chrome tomorrow and see how their site does. I like AM and they have a lot of great stuff to choose from but man their site just hates me and its so annoying trying to browse with the screen freezing every 5 seconds.

post #12 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
MM Fanatic

I prefer LMR over AM. Both are stellar companies though.

2006 Toyota Tacoma.
post #13 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
aloha ke akua

I have a macbook pro but run google chrome. Safari is iffy

21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
post #14 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Quote:
Which browser do you use? I have IE at work and AM's site always glitches and freezes, and on safari it always glitches and freezes. I'm gonna try chrome tomorrow and see how their site does. I like AM and they have a lot of great stuff to choose from but man their site just hates me and its so annoying trying to browse with the screen freezing every 5 seconds.
Well there's your problem!! Firefox will fix your problem.

Quote:
post #15 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 10:03 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!

Quote:
There's your problem. Google Chrome gets my vote.

EDIT: My brothafromanothamotha already stated that.

post #16 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Quote:
There's your problem. Google Chrome gets my vote.

EDIT: My brothafromanothamotha already stated that.
Confuscious say: you a crevah boy!
(Clever)
(Because im lacist)
(Joke within a joke)
(Because lacist = racist)

Quote:
post #17 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 11:47 PM
MM's Official Lab Rat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDEAFBRO? View Post
Confuscious say: you a crevah boy!
(Clever)
(Because im lacist)
(Joke within a joke)
(Because lacist = racist)
They prenounce L's as R's not vice versa, lol

post #18 of 35 Old October 18th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Quote:
They prenounce L's as R's not vice versa, lol
Shutup and laugh.

Quote:
post #19 of 35 Old October 19th, 2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by el jefe 302 View Post
What did you ask about?

I give him credit for atleast trying to find out the answer for you.

The problem is when you have a large inventory from lug nuts to valve springs you cant know in detail about every part from foxbodys to s197.
On top of that most people working the phones arnt installers, so most knowledge is second hand.

Besides if you had a technical question.... why didnt you use this knowledge facial of a forum to get a answer?

Hanging up on someone trying to help you is a dick move imo.

Put youself in that guys shoes, you're running around for 20mins trying to ask the technical experts who are busy working on the shop cars only to find out the guy you're trying to help hung up.

I'm not trying to be a dick but they sent you the part thats there main end state, as they are a parts dealer. Forums have a plethora of knowledge and cookies.
1) i did give him credit on trying to help me out. i wouldve given him more credit to transfer the call to a more knowing person. plus, he is not just a phone person, i did call the "technical" dept.
2) i do use this forum for a wealth of info, but at the time i wasnt by a computer...i was near a phone.
3) i stated i had to hang up....meaning i had to go. the call was ended by a "thanks"....i didnt hang up while he was away.
4) i like your last statement "they sent you the part thats there (their) main end state" . im in pharmaceuticals, i know my products in and out ....peoples lives depend on it. if me selling my product "is my main end state"...i would be out of business. No, i HAVE TO KNOW and answer questions after the sale.
5) forums also have a plethora of different opinions on topics .... do you forum browse for your medical and health care, and then treat yourself. i really hope not.
post #20 of 35 Old October 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:

I used to live 20 min away from their store, i miss just driving there and picking stuff up in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page