Thumbs down for AM - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Thumbs down for AM

I ordered some parts from AM on Febuary 20th. I make it so very clear to every rep I talk to that the product must be here by March 2nd. Sure enough it will not be here till the fifth. Making it impossible for me to have everything installed an ready. Every rep I talked to with the exception of one (George gurch) was rude and disrespectful. I will no longer order from AM. From everything I heard about their great customer service. I have seen different. I will be returning the parts and taking my money elsewhere.

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0
Premium package l 6speed standard l 3.55 gears l FRPP lowering springs l Flowmaster outlaw axleback l BOSS 302 Intake l Steeda CAI l off road x-pipe l BAMA tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast

Well what did you order? You may very well have bought something that either wasn't on their shelf or that they had to prepare and ship from another facility. You also need to remember, AM doesn't control the mailing portion after it leaves their shop. You should have gotten an email with the tracking number to see the progress of the shipment, it may very well have been delayed due to the shitty weather the rest of the country is having.

That, and no offense, but the guys at AM have always been nothing but polite, energetic and more than happy to serve me, so I find it doubtful that EVERYONE you spoke to minus one guy was rude to you. You may have felt so in your disgruntled state of mind, and if you came across as rude to them then you may very well have just gotten what you dished out to them.

Either way, waiting 12 days for parts (10 days mail time, taking into account Sundays) to get in is hardly the end of the world or something to say you'll never shop by there again. It's also unreasonable for you to tell the company that they HAVE to get the parts to you by a certain date. As I said before, they can't control the flow of mail and packages after it leaves their shop.
post #3 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I smell like beef

^that. AM is one of the few stand up companies left out there IMO.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Regular

I had no problem paying overnight shipping if that's what was needed. But I was promised it would be here. The product was on the shelf. It was ready to be sent out on a Friday, but was not done so until the next Tuesday. I have also dealt with AM a fair share and have had success. This occasion was a disaster and I was treated with a lack of integrity and respect

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0
Premium package l 6speed standard l 3.55 gears l FRPP lowering springs l Flowmaster outlaw axleback l BOSS 302 Intake l Steeda CAI l off road x-pipe l BAMA tuned
post #5 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM

I've found AM's prices to be fair and their customer support to be cheerful and helpful. The last rep I talked to was more than willing to go out of his way to change my order, and even worked in one of their deals after I forgot to include it at checkout. Honestly, in a fair world they should have just left me hanging, but they are some seriously gracious people.

Maybe you had a bad run, or just read the tone of their messages out of context (really way to easy to do on the damn internet) but I think it would be a serious mistake to write these guys off.
post #6 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Admanistrator

Send a message via AIM to v606er
I bet there is more to this story than what we are hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #7 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBstang5.0 View Post
I had no problem paying overnight shipping if that's what was needed. But I was promised it would be here. The product was on the shelf. It was ready to be sent out on a Friday, but was not done so until the next Tuesday. I have also dealt with AM a fair share and have had success. This occasion was a disaster and I was treated with a lack of integrity and respect
No offense, and not to make this a flame war, but I call shenanigans. Any good company has the foresight to not promise delivery by a certain date when it comes to mailing products.

You selected standard shipping, that comes with the risk of being delayed, and how much of the country has been getting beaten and battered these last two months with snowstorms and bad weather?

I also call shenanigans on you claiming that everyone you spoke to was rude. You're literally the first guy I've seen on this and several other sites complain about AM's customer service. That service is what they're known for, so, pardon my skepticism.

So the part didn't ship out until Tuesday? So what? Is the entire world hinging on you getting your parts RIGHT NOW? No, it's just a mild inconvenience that, if you practiced patience, would be no big issue whatsoever. Honestly, if you were this hot headed on the phone, I wouldn't blame anyone for treating you less than nicely.

However, I know the guys at AM, they're all polite and EXTREMELY apologetic when/if they mess something up. I mean hell, the guys over there have worked me up with a discount for inconvenience of two days when they cancelled my order on accident. Did the situation ruffle my feathers? Sure. Did I go on the internet bashing the entire company because I didn't get my parts on the date I wanted them to? Nope.

Just saying, your story seems off, the sort that would have a lot more to it than just what you're saying. Did you stop to take into account that they very well may have not been able to ship anything out that Friday or Saturday? Maybe weather wasn't permitting? There's too many "What if" factors to really justify this internet rage against a company with such a gross accusation as to put their reputation for excellent service at stake and make anyone believe it to be entirely legitimate.
post #8 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I smell like beef

When I ordered my strut tower brace, the box was damaged by ups and some of the hardware fell out. I called and they overnighted a new hardware pack. I even told them I was in no hurry. I've spent literally thousands with them and have had zero problems.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
post #9 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Your a moron. My story is that I was told my part will ship out in Saturday. Doesn't ship out till Tuesday. I am unable to install the parts for a while now. I won't have another day off for a few months. Please go flame somewhere else. Unless you were listening to the calls and conversations that took place then you cannot judge the customer service I received.

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0
post #10 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Your a moron. My story is that I was told my part will ship out in Saturday. Doesn't ship out till Tuesday. I am unable to install the parts for a while now. I won't have another day off for a few months. Please go flame somewhere else. Unless you were listening to the calls and conversations that took place then you cannot judge the customer service I received.
You just said in your previous post that the part was ready to ship on Friday. Just saying. I'll leave it at that, because, unlike you, I've no intention of flaming or insulting any person or business.

It's "you're" by the way, not "your". Kind of hard to call a guy a moron if you don't even have the decency to use proper grammar.
post #11 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Thumbs down for AM

Your building a car they's kinda things are NORMAL when you need something by a certain day it probably won't be ready. face it that comes with this hobby. When I built my motor it took 2 weeks extra when we put it in it took 30 odd hours working straight throu the night on weekends because I ran into so many problems was my car ready when I wanted it to be? NO at first I was pissed off buy I released there's no point in it it's gonna take time if rather be perfect then half added

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #12 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
aloha ke akua

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknowsbest View Post
You just said in your previous post that the part was ready to ship on Friday. Just saying. I'll leave it at that, because, unlike you, I've no intention of flaming or insulting any person or business.

It's "you're" by the way, not "your". Kind of hard to call a guy a moron if you don't even have the decency to use proper grammar.
Was waiting for that

21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
post #13 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:13 PM

I know a few mail services don't operate on weekends so maybe they literally couldn't ship it out?

The vast majority of people love AM and think the service is great. Yeah, I've had parts show up with torn up boxes and weird packaging, but everything has always been in good shape. And I'm confident that if anything were damaged that they would take care of it quickly at their own expense.

I just don't see the point of this topic. If you're looking for a response from AM wouldn't it be better to call them up?

If you wan't to incite a rebellion I can confidently say that's not going to work out too well.

And if you just want to vent, then that's cool and all. But expect people to quickly tell you that they haven't been swayed in the slightest and don't really care. Unfortunately, the internet isn't a great place for getting reassurance or finding someone to just talk it out with.
post #14 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TaylorGT
Where are you located? Even if the item is shipped on Saturday by a facility that accepts the package it isn't going to move. AM is located on the east coast which was getting battered by Snow Storm Q on Sunday/Monday.

Also, I almost garuntee you it wasn't their service reps who were rude. I have been dealing with AM back when they were still considered Mustang Tuning and never once have I had poor customer service.

Sounds to me like their "behavior" towards you on the line was probably reciprocal action based on how you were treating them. If you get on the line and are angry and irrational its a lot harder for them to do their job politely. The proof is in this thread. Someone is trying to calm you down a bit and ask you to realize the bigger picture of the situation. You call them a moron.

2012 5.0 | H&R | Avant Garde | J&M | Steeda | Koni | FRPP | BMR

flickr | @taylor12gt
post #15 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Tini Tini Bo Bini

Garage
Quote:
I ordered some parts from AM on Febuary 20th. I make it so very clear to every rep I talk to that the product must be here by March 2nd. Sure enough it will not be here till the fifth. Making it impossible for me to have everything installed an ready. Every rep I talked to with the exception of one (George gurch) was rude and disrespectful. I will no longer order from AM. From everything I heard about their great customer service. I have seen different. I will be returning the parts and taking my money elsewhere.

Looks like you aren't really in a rush if you are going to go through the trouble of returning the item and waiting on another vendor. If you really needed it badly, you shouldve gotten it overnighted.

2007 GT - Gone
2016 FoST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
What am I, some kind of nipple whisperer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can confirm this. More than once he's woken me up in the middle of the night, banging on my window, bare ass naked, yelling something about being chased by Donald Duck
post #16 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM
(.)(.)

Re: Thumbs down for AM

A lot of the time even though the part(s) are with the shipping company, it sill doesn't start the trek for a day or so. AM is great and i think this one has the weather to blame. Should tell you when you look up the tracking number if its delayed due to weather. :beer:

'79 Monte Carlo Project Build
02 Mustang GT
BBK CAI, Accufab 75mm TB, BBK Ceramic Headers, JBA o/r H-Pipe, Borla S-type Catback, SCT 93 Tune, EGR/PCV Delete.. Eat that global warming!
DON'T TREAD ON ME
post #17 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM

I misread that and thought that you meant that we were going to be getting another snowstorm this weekend and I almost cried.
post #18 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Anytime I have spent money with AM, whether 20 bucks or several thousand, I have been treated with respect, even when things went wrong. Heck, the last purchase (my Nitto Invos) had difficulty shipping out because UPS changed the shipping address for my house on line. It took the rep a few minute on the phone with UPS to straighten it all out, but in the end, the address was found and 4 nice sized boxes found their way to my door.

One thing that bothers me though- and it could be just me so don't take this the wrong way- but you have less than 50 posts now and already in the red with reps? No offense- but some one may need an overall attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #19 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Priest of the Car Gods

Mind the personal attacks. If you want to dress someone down, do it in the Burnout Box.

Function > Form, always
post #20 of 24 Old February 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:

GBstang5.0,

First off, I want apologize if anyone was rude or disrespectful to you over the phone from our company. That's not the way we do business and I'll be sure to have all of the phone calls pulled and personally speak with any Mustang Experts that need to adjust their approach.

I'm also sorry for the shipping delay with your order. I'm not sure why anyone told you the items would ship on a Saturday, since we only ship Monday-Friday. All items that come with a Bama tune take 3-4 business days to fully ship because the tune info needs to be submitted and custom tunes then created.

Looking at the notes, I see the order was placed on Feb. 20th, as you mentioned. However, the tuning info was not submitted until the 21st @ 5:05 PM, when you contacted Bama to fill out the tuning info over the phone. Unfortunately, the Bama Team could not start creating the tunes until the next day. From there, it usually takes another 1-2 businesss days to create and upload the tunes for shipping. The 3rd Business day puts us at Tuesday the 26th, when your order shipped.

Again, I'm really sorry for the way everything turned out. I'd like to show you how good our Customer Service really is. If you need anything else or have questions, concerns, etc., give me a shout via PM. I'll make sure you're taken care of!

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page