Dropping the ball again - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old March 11th, 2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Dropping the ball again

Ordered a FRPP flywheel and clutch and assorted parts to go along with a clutch swap. The flywheel arrived Wednesday via UPS. I thought the other parts were in the box. Nope!

The rest of the parts were in a separate box sent through a different carrier. The box didn't arrive until today, Friday at lunch. I ran the box over to the shop, but it was too late. They put the car back together like I told them since I can't make it through the weekend.

I'd like to know how you guys would feel having people go through your personal stuff, since I'm moving, looking for missing parts. Putting your car back together with worn parts, knowing one day I'm going to have to pay for the labor to replace it.

Other parts from American Muscle that are garbage:

ARP 4.6l flywheel bolts- one broke, and half were about a 1/16th inch longer.

99-04 Grill delete- The glued on flaps broke the first day, the screws rusted in a month, and the 3rd header panel cover looked like it was cut with a razor blade.

Raxiom 3rd brake light- broke a month after warranty expired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old March 11th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Dirt Dives Me Crazy

Dumb question maybe but if you knew you needed a new clutch etc why wouldn't you wait until you physically had the parts and then made the appointment at the shop especially since you know you need the car done if the parts don't get there on time?

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic56003_1.gif
post #3 of 10 Old March 14th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted2v View Post
Ordered a FRPP flywheel and clutch and assorted parts to go along with a clutch swap. The flywheel arrived Wednesday via UPS. I thought the other parts were in the box. Nope!

The rest of the parts were in a separate box sent through a different carrier. The box didn't arrive until today, Friday at lunch. I ran the box over to the shop, but it was too late. They put the car back together like I told them since I can't make it through the weekend.

I'd like to know how you guys would feel having people go through your personal stuff, since I'm moving, looking for missing parts. Putting your car back together with worn parts, knowing one day I'm going to have to pay for the labor to replace it.

Other parts from American Muscle that are garbage:

99-04 Grill delete- The glued on flaps broke the first day, the screws rusted in a month, and the 3rd header panel cover looked like it was cut with a razor blade.

Raxiom 3rd brake light- broke a month after warranty expired.

Hey,

Sorry about the delay and to see/hear about the inconvenience here.

If we have anything that's under 1lb it will automatically be shipped via USPS to keep your shipping cost at $0.00

When we ship your order we'll also send you the tracking that shows whether it's being sent via UPS or USPS too.

Having an order for my personal vehicle that's missing as we speak I can attest to the frustration of when something should be here. (Now)

Please shoot me a PM and let me know what I can do to help make this right here - I'm happy to replace the Grille Delete along with 3rd Brake Light and see what happened with the flywheel bolts.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old April 2nd, 2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey,

Sorry about the delay and to see/hear about the inconvenience here.

If we have anything that's under 1lb it will automatically be shipped via USPS to keep your shipping cost at $0.00

When we ship your order we'll also send you the tracking that shows whether it's being sent via UPS or USPS too.

Having an order for my personal vehicle that's missing as we speak I can attest to the frustration of when something should be here. (Now)

Please shoot me a PM and let me know what I can do to help make this right here - I'm happy to replace the Grille Delete along with 3rd Brake Light and see what happened with the flywheel bolts.

Alex
Sorry, but I don't want any of those parts again. What's the best you could do on a set of these wheels?

Black Performance Pack Style Mustang Wheel - 19x8.5 (94-04 All) - Free Shipping
post #5 of 10 Old April 4th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't want any of those parts again. What's the best you could do on a set of these wheels?

Black Performance Pack Style Mustang Wheel - 19x8.5 (94-04 All) - Free Shipping

@Twisted2v Shot you a PM.

Alex
post #6 of 10 Old April 4th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Regular

You're not the only ones to have problems with them.

I ordered the Sunpro volt meter a couple weeks ago and i received a Bosch one. Its not what is advertised on the website.
So i called and they said keep it and they will have another one shipped out, guess what, received the same thing that i did not want.

Moved my business over to LMR.

2000 GT
Mods: BBK CAI, Typhoon Intake Manifold, PP throttle body/Plenum, Underdrive pulleys, Weight reduction, 3.73, J&M UCA, MM LCA, MGW shifter, Pypes M80, UPR O/R X Pipe, BBK spring isloators, MM pinion snuubber,AC delete
post #7 of 10 Old April 6th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftinGT View Post
You're not the only ones to have problems with them.

I ordered the Sunpro volt meter a couple weeks ago and i received a Bosch one. Its not what is advertised on the website.
So i called and they said keep it and they will have another one shipped out, guess what, received the same thing that i did not want.

Moved my business over to LMR.
@ShiftinGT - I'm sorry to hear about the trouble and inconvenience.

If you're like to make a new order in the future I'm happy to have a 10% discount code set up for you/or have a special quote set.

I'm really curious on this though. Did the gauge face say "Bosch" on it? As if it did that's a huge problem for us here.

Any information you could share about the order issue would be appreciate so that I can have this corrected on multiple levels from our merchandising, quality control, and lastly warehouse team.

Thanks.

Alex
post #8 of 10 Old April 11th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
@ShiftinGT - I'm sorry to hear about the trouble and inconvenience.

If you're like to make a new order in the future I'm happy to have a 10% discount code set up for you/or have a special quote set.

I'm really curious on this though. Did the gauge face say "Bosch" on it? As if it did that's a huge problem for us here.

Any information you could share about the order issue would be appreciate so that I can have this corrected on multiple levels from our merchandising, quality control, and lastly warehouse team.

Thanks.

Alex
Hey Alex,
Yes both gauges i received have the brand Bosch on the front of them.
I searched around and the sunpro and the bosch gauge have the same part number. 8215

2000 GT
Mods: BBK CAI, Typhoon Intake Manifold, PP throttle body/Plenum, Underdrive pulleys, Weight reduction, 3.73, J&M UCA, MM LCA, MGW shifter, Pypes M80, UPR O/R X Pipe, BBK spring isloators, MM pinion snuubber,AC delete
post #9 of 10 Old April 12th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftinGT View Post
Hey Alex,
Yes both gauges i received have the brand Bosch on the front of them.
I searched around and the sunpro and the bosch gauge have the same part number. 8215

Thanks for letting me know. I'd appreciate it if you could just shoot me an order number so I can nail down a date when the order was placed. I'd hate to hear that you're changing vendors based on a packing issue and as much as I wish that we physically manufactured these gauged here, we don't. Any other info would be appreciated and my offer is here whenever you'd like to place your next order. If I have to personally pack it for you I can and will.

Alex
post #10 of 10 Old April 13th, 2016, 01:47 PM
_

Quote:

Post pictures of this. Include the original packaging.

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page