LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
:)

Pretty nice for a gay guy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Not Banned

just bought 250 rds of .45 today (and some earplugs lol)! tomorrow will be a very good day.

post #63 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedfireGT View Post
If it will even last 500 rounds

Pshhht we all know that taurus won't last 50 rounds before that thumb safety falls off

Google: Taurus 1911 thumb safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Digidy! View Post
i looked through VZ, couldnt find find any that appealed to me, but i do wanna try one of the gator backs. but ima put 500 rounds with my stock grips since they feel good to me and we will see.

*PEOPLE*

SHOW ME SUM GRIPZ!
Here are some horrible grips you may like, since you have already demonstrated bad taste and poor decision making.

Last edited by Imran; December 7th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
just bought 250 rds of .45 today (and some earplugs lol)! tomorrow will be a very good day.
What ammo did you get? So the 1911 is louder than the M4? I never noticed the difference in loudness. Whenever I shot my AR or 1911, they all made a loud bang, but I never paid attention to its volume.

post #65 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Not Banned

i just picked up some remington UMC. i just need bulk ammo right now while i get a feel for this pistol. keep in mind, i've been shooting M9's almost exclusively for the past 5 years, so i need some practice. walmart had a semi-decent price on it ($96) so i picked it up.

and idk, maybe i've just gotten used to the report of an M4, but this .45 left my ears ringing. my ears haven't rang like that since basic training.

post #66 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Did you guys not use ear/eye pro in basic training, or was it a drill sergeant yelling in your ears that made them ring?

post #67 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Not Banned

i personally just prefer not to use ear pro. i'm sure i used some in basic, but over the years i've just gotten used to the M4 (probably to the point that i will never hear certain frequencies again). but the 1911 is different, the ears not only ring, but there's a "numbness" that i never got from my M4.

i always use eyepro whenever i can though. i can live with being a little deaf, but i really don't like taking chances with my eyes. i recently spent well over $2000 on lasik so i'd rather not just waste that money lol.

oh, and for those that don't use eyepro because you think you won't get hit with anything. yesterday when i was shooting, i was aiming at a board with a target painted on it. apparently, there was a rock down there behind it because i took a shot and just saw an explosion of what looked like sand. then my brother, standing directly behind me, says, "oh shit! fuck!" i look back and he's rubbing his hip. he reaches down and picks up a massive bullet fragment (like half the size of an entire .45). i guess it had ricocheted off the rock, then frizbee'd around me, and hit my brother in the belt area.

post #68 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
MM's Samsquanch

Quote:
i personally just prefer not to use ear pro. i'm sure i used some in basic, but over the years i've just gotten used to the M4 (probably to the point that i will never hear certain frequencies again). but the 1911 is different, the ears not only ring, but there's a "numbness" that i never got from my M4.

Even my .40 seems to have quite a louder "bark" to it than the m9 or m16, my ears ring worse with 16 rounds out of my XDm than it seems like they did with a whole firing line of 54 people with m16's

MILITARY CREW
USMC
post #69 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShotOneKill View Post
Even my .40 seems to have quite a louder "bark" to it than the m9 or m16, my ears ring worse with 16 rounds out of my XDm than it seems like they did with a whole firing line of 54 people with m16's
lol, right? i never even had a problem with 249's. ya, after a box of 5.56, my ears will ring, but it subsides after a couple minutes. 50 rds of this .45 left my ears ringing and numb for well over 4 hours.

post #70 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

lol I would never shoot without ear pro unless it was during a self defense situation.

post #71 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

My ears never ring when I shoot with ear pro, but I have shot an AK at an indoor facility with no ear pro once a few months ago. Never again. My ears rang after the first shot, I didn't even notice the bang. It's really hard to describe. It's like... you hear it, but at the same time you don't hear anything, and I was deaf in one ear for like the whole day lol. Yes, I'm stupid. I know.

post #72 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Not Banned

i know that feeling. it's like there's no sound but the cycling of the bolt.

post #73 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Not exactly, It was like, I heard the beginning of the boom, it was loud, deep, but soft, so it wasn't discomforting, then it rushed and overwhelmed my ears in fractions of a second, and I heard nothing, then my ears started ringing. It's like I heard the beginning of the boom before my ears went temporarily deaf, and then i heard nothing before the ringing came. It was as if me and 08blkgt500 had become one. I knew how it felt to be a loser of life, because in that moment in time, I was like him.

Now when I shoot my AR with ear pro on at an outdoor range, I can feel and hear the spring in the buffer tube being compressed and then pushing the bolt forward lol, so I do know what you are talking about.

post #74 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM
MM's Samsquanch

i've shot so much without earpro its at the point now no matter what gets shot even if my ears ring they are back to normal in minutes...unless a bunch of people have 308's then im scrambling for cigarette buts or .40 shell casings to stick in my ears lol

MILITARY CREW
USMC
post #75 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Ice Cream Truck Driver

Send a message via AIM to Spike Digidy! Send a message via Yahoo to Spike Digidy!
so do i have to make a video of the 100 rounds through it shooting flawless? then will u get off wrinkle sack? except jakash. he likes the sack

MM+Cleavage Club Founder/Member #1
*MM's Thread of the YEAR*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
there was this black kid in 8th grade and i said "sup black boy?"
post #76 of 195 Old December 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Cornholed Manthusiast

Haha I love indoor ranges so much. Everything is 10x louder. The other day I was at the range shooting my buddies new hunting rifle. 7mm-08. This thing is fucking loud. When you fire it, the whole building shakes and you can feel it in your body. Everyone stops and looks around at each shot. It is awesome. Well some people were walking into the range, and obviously your supposed to have your eyes and ears already on, and some of them didn't. They come in right when I fire a shot, and one of the ladies starts crying and she runs back out hahaha

Care packages for the troops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
The world has turned into such a safe place that idiots are now capable of not only thriving, but reproducing as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I use my Mustang to impress other guys.
post #77 of 195 Old December 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
The Big Spoon

less talk - moar pics!

stolen from the web but this is what I have. (I'm at work and it isn't with me)

Black Stang Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302Army187 View Post
old 5.0's are like a box of chocolates.......... never know what your gonna get
post #78 of 195 Old December 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpjr45 View Post
My favorite grips.
Aliens?

VZ Aliens

No way your guns will slip with these grips.

Hell any of the VZ grips are great.
I raise you........

and what my dad has

I love both of these grips. Never lost grip with either.
post #79 of 195 Old December 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Not Banned

It's shooting low. Those hits grouped at and below the center are from me aiming at the top of the 8 ring

post #80 of 195 Old December 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

It's shooting low. Those hits grouped at and below the center are from me aiming at the top of the 8 ring

You have a really funky looking rear sight from what I remember. Pics of the rear sight?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/ammo-barn/241073-1911-picture-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread Gunsite 1911 picture thread | 1911Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback February 27th, 2012 04:59 PM