Sigh of relief - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Rent Asunder!

This is not over, not by a long shot. Unfortunately, we have to keep fighting to just have our very basic of rights. If you are a democrat elected official in a gun-loving, republican state, having your name anywhere behind any gun ban at all would be political suicide and they know that.

Separating the ban from the bill actually is a bad thing. This means they have a higher chance of passing SOME gun control, even though it's not a ban on certain weapons. There's still the background checks on used firearms sales and mandatory registration issues. If it had stayed together as one bill, none of it would've passed. Now they're hoping to at least get mandatory registration and background checks a pass without the AWB attached to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Regular

They will more than likely go back to the same band they had in the '90s, I think. People forget that assault weapons have never been banned. They've only temporarily banned certain features of "assault" weapons.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

*Bans*

'96 GT <- slow = sold
'97 Cobra <- 4.10's = sold
'90 lx notch- engine rebuild/build in progress!
post #23 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Rent Asunder!

In my view, there is no such thing as an "assault" weapon. All these things they are calling "assault weapons" are really just sporting rifles. There's even an old ad circling the internet from the early 60s of Armalite advertising their new "AR-15 sporting rifle: The competition shooter you're gonna love!"

Assault is a verb, not an adjective. It's describes an action, not an object.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Regular

+1

'96 GT <- slow = sold
'97 Cobra <- 4.10's = sold
'90 lx notch- engine rebuild/build in progress!
post #25 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:57 PM
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.

Re: Sigh of relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
This is not over, not by a long shot. Unfortunately, we have to keep fighting to just have our very basic of rights. If you are a democrat elected official in a gun-loving, republican state, having your name anywhere behind any gun ban at all would be political suicide and they know that.

Separating the ban from the bill actually is a bad thing. This means they have a higher chance of passing SOME gun control, even though it's not a ban on certain weapons. There's still the background checks on used firearms sales and mandatory registration issues. If it had stayed together as one bill, none of it would've passed. Now they're hoping to at least get mandatory registration and background checks a pass without the AWB attached to it.
What's wrong with mandatory registration and background checks? I don't see a problem with it but I'm not much of a gun fanatic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
In my view, there is no such thing as an "assault" weapon. All these things they are calling "assault weapons" are really just sporting rifles. There's even an old ad circling the internet from the early 60s of Armalite advertising their new "AR-15 sporting rifle: The competition shooter you're gonna love!"

Assault is a verb, not an adjective. It's describes an action, not an object.
One of the Merriam Webster dictionary definitions of assault:

a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

Isn't that exactly what guns were designed to do? Inflict bodily harm? Not only on humans but animals as well. If you go by that definition, every gun is an assault weapon.

Black Stang Crew #Coorslight

BONER CREW EMPLOYEE #3 - RECEIVING DEPARTMENT

[CUMYUM!]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
i like pee pees i guess too
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
post #26 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Kohrs93) View Post
What's wrong with mandatory registration and background checks? I don't see a problem with it but I'm not much of a gun fanatic.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

Isn't that exactly what guns were designed to do? Inflict bodily harm? Not only on humans but animals as well. If you go by that definition, every gun is an assault weapon.

whats wrong with mandatory registration and expanding background checks? EVERYTHING!
Gun registration leads to confiscation, every time. No one, especially the feds, needs to know what property I own. There's a reason why the 2nd Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights. Our founding fathers wanted to specifically guarantee that US citizens would always stay armed and capable of defending themselves, their property, and their country, as well as having the ability to defend all our other rights.

Assault weapon? Its a false/made up gun category. Yes, by definition, all weapons are assault weapons. It is the nature of a weapon, a tool to use to inflict damage. Calling a gun an "assault" weapon makes it sound scary, which makes it easier for the gun grabbers to push their agenda.

post #27 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:45 PM
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.

Re: Sigh of relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildride02gt View Post
whats wrong with mandatory registration and expanding background checks? EVERYTHING!
Gun registration leads to confiscation, every time. No one, especially the feds, needs to know what property I own. There's a reason why the 2nd Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights. Our founding fathers wanted to specifically guarantee that US citizens would always stay armed and capable of defending themselves, their property, and their country, as well as having the ability to defend all our other rights.

Assault weapon? Its a false/made up gun category. Yes, by definition, all weapons are assault weapons. It is the nature of a weapon, a tool to use to inflict damage. Calling a gun an "assault" weapon makes it sound scary, which makes it easier for the gun grabbers to push their agenda.
Maybe its because I'm not a gun nut and think the government is out to get us, but I still see no problems with mandatory registration and background checks for weapons that were literally invented to kill and have no other use.

It allows guns and gun owners to be tracked more appropriately. I'm on my phone so I'm not going to make a huge post about it now, but I feel like its ridiculous that people are against having to register a gun and have a background check to own one. What does it hurt you? Unless you have something to hide, it literally does nothing that negatively affects you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Black Stang Crew #Coorslight

BONER CREW EMPLOYEE #3 - RECEIVING DEPARTMENT

[CUMYUM!]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
i like pee pees i guess too
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
post #28 of 39 Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxnotch View Post
They will more than likely go back to the same band they had in the '90s, I think. People forget that assault weapons have never been banned. They've only temporarily banned certain features of "assault" weapons.
Really grasping at straws to say that though. It's just a matter of semantics since in their eyes it's those features that make an assault weapon; an assault weapon. Pretty sure I would consider automatic an assault weapon but than again it's a lame name anyways.
post #29 of 39 Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Maybe its because I'm not a gun nut and think the government is out to get us, but I still see no problems with mandatory registration and background checks for weapons that were literally invented to kill and have no other use.

It allows guns and gun owners to be tracked more appropriately. I'm on my phone so I'm not going to make a huge post about it now, but I feel like its ridiculous that people are against having to register a gun and have a background check to own one. What does it hurt you? Unless you have something to hide, it literally does nothing that negatively affects you.

Why do you think *I* should be tracked? BTW, registration would do nothing to track guns. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed with illegal guns anyway, how is registration going to make any difference?

The government doesn't need to know what I own or why. I'm a responsible gun owner, not a sex offender. I refuse to register. Registration also leads to confiscation. Take a look at history, it happens every time, and history does repeat itself.

I have nothing to hide but at the same time, I really don't appreciate having to ask permission to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. If that was how it was intended, they would've called it the Bill of Privileges. Those that DO have something to hide aren't going to go through the process anyway. They're just gonna pick their gun up off the black market like they've been doing.

You want to know something funny... the AR-15 was NOT designed to kill. When Armalite designed it, it was designed to serve the roll of a long range competition shooter. Hence their name for it, the "sporting rifle." That's what it is, a sporting rifle. Just because the military copied it's design for the M16 doesn't make the original AR-15 a military rifle.
post #30 of 39 Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:02 AM
All sissies going to Hell!

Quote:
What's wrong with mandatory registration and background checks? I don't see a problem with it but I'm not much of a gun fanatic. Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quote:

You don't have to be a "Gun fanatic" to respect other people's constitutional rights. A Universal background check, and any kind of registration is in violation of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment in the bill of rights. So, it is Illegal.

Also the definition of assault is the concept of its use on another person. You can't use the definition of assault, and apply it to an inanimate object. Like you can't call an object a rape object, just because it is able to be inserted into someone. IE "That Cucumber is a Rape Cucumber, and should be Illegal. No one needs a RAPE CUCUMBER." Don't insult our intelligence with that ignorant grade school logic. You are an adult, and so are we. There are such things as ASSAULT RIFLES, which are such, because they were named that by the military. Because of their Select fire capability, the ability to be changed from semi automatic, to full auto, or burst fire. For the suppression of a squad, or so one could assault a position. There is no such thing as an "ASSAULT WEAPON" it is a made up term. I understand the confusion, but again, you are an educated adult, so you should be able to separate the two.

Thinking the government is going to take over or not isn't the issue. History shows us, measured in the death of millions of innocent people, what gun registration leads to. We are not making this up on our own. There is no need for the government to know what you have in your house, where you are at any given time, or what you do with your life. The only time it needs to, is if you are a criminal. Time and time again, databases full of information that is supposed to be kept secret, has been leaked. Only to the detriment of those that follow these intrusive laws. And again, I don't want anyone knowing what guns I have, or where they are, or how I keep them, or for that matter, how much ammo I have. It is no ones business. It is also again, WELL WITHIN MY RIGHTS. The 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. There are plenty of countries that have taken the rights of their citizens here in Europe where I am stationed. You can come check out how the people are doing. What you think is "NO BIG DEAL" Turns out to be a huge one, in violation of people's rights, and Illegal. Both on moral, and constitutional grounds. The big deal is, with every little shred of freedom we surrender to the government, the less we have. This stuff effects everyone.

In closing, don't demonize someone, or call them crazy because they are wanting to maintain their rights as they are. As they were intended to be. It isn't a "Gun Nut" Issue, it is a human issue. Wanting your rights to be respected, and adhered to, is not an implication of guilt.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Also everyone, there is no relief. You should be more upset. They are probably going to install the AWB as a rider on a bill that has a high probability of getting passed. Or once they get say, universal background checks, then they can add it as an amendment later. With less public attention on it.

WE NEED TO STAY ON TOP OF THIS. ALWAYS. Be informed, Be active, and Defend your rights.

ALL 10 of the Amendments in the bill of rights, are important, to Every US Citizen, you don't have to use them yourself ever, but you damn sure better respect them.

MILITARY CREW
E-6
MA1(AW)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #31 of 39 Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:

You are a sheep. Gun registration is illegal under federal law thanks to the Firearm Protection Act of 1986. The minute they make a law saying I have to register my guns is the minute I become a criminal, I will not register my firearms that I legally bought and posses.

post #32 of 39 Old March 24th, 2013, 12:38 AM
One Man Wolf Pack

Send a message via AIM to 06RedfireGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
You don't have to be a "Gun fanatic" to respect other people's constitutional rights. A Universal background check, and any kind of registration is in violation of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment in the bill of rights. So, it is Illegal.

Also the definition of assault is the concept of its use on another person. You can't use the definition of assault, and apply it to an inanimate object. Like you can't call an object a rape object, just because it is able to be inserted into someone. IE "That Cucumber is a Rape Cucumber, and should be Illegal. No one needs a RAPE CUCUMBER." Don't insult our intelligence with that ignorant grade school logic. You are an adult, and so are we. There are such things as ASSAULT RIFLES, which are such, because they were named that by the military. Because of their Select fire capability, the ability to be changed from semi automatic, to full auto, or burst fire. For the suppression of a squad, or so one could assault a position. There is no such thing as an "ASSAULT WEAPON" it is a made up term. I understand the confusion, but again, you are an educated adult, so you should be able to separate the two.

Thinking the government is going to take over or not isn't the issue. History shows us, measured in the death of millions of innocent people, what gun registration leads to. We are not making this up on our own. There is no need for the government to know what you have in your house, where you are at any given time, or what you do with your life. The only time it needs to, is if you are a criminal. Time and time again, databases full of information that is supposed to be kept secret, has been leaked. Only to the detriment of those that follow these intrusive laws. And again, I don't want anyone knowing what guns I have, or where they are, or how I keep them, or for that matter, how much ammo I have. It is no ones business. It is also again, WELL WITHIN MY RIGHTS. The 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. There are plenty of countries that have taken the rights of their citizens here in Europe where I am stationed. You can come check out how the people are doing. What you think is "NO BIG DEAL" Turns out to be a huge one, in violation of people's rights, and Illegal. Both on moral, and constitutional grounds. The big deal is, with every little shred of freedom we surrender to the government, the less we have. This stuff effects everyone.

In closing, don't demonize someone, or call them crazy because they are wanting to maintain their rights as they are. As they were intended to be. It isn't a "Gun Nut" Issue, it is a human issue. Wanting your rights to be respected, and adhered to, is not an implication of guilt.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Also everyone, there is no relief. You should be more upset. They are probably going to install the AWB as a rider on a bill that has a high probability of getting passed. Or once they get say, universal background checks, then they can add it as an amendment later. With less public attention on it.

WE NEED TO STAY ON TOP OF THIS. ALWAYS. Be informed, Be active, and Defend your rights.

ALL 10 of the Amendments in the bill of rights, are important, to Every US Citizen, you don't have to use them yourself ever, but you damn sure better respect them.
Excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post
You are a sheep. Gun registration is illegal under federal law thanks to the Firearm Protection Act of 1986. The minute they make a law saying I have to register my guns is the minute I become a criminal, I will not register my firearms that I legally bought and posses.

NRA new Ad: We Are America - We're Free Already and We Allow Politicians to Be In Power - YouTube

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #33 of 39 Old March 24th, 2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedfireGT View Post
Excellent post.

Thank you sir.

MILITARY CREW
E-6
MA1(AW)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #34 of 39 Old March 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Well Guess I shut it down.

MILITARY CREW
E-6
MA1(AW)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #35 of 39 Old March 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon

Quote:

I'm going to give you reps for this post soon as it allows me to.

2010 CGM Camaro 2SS RS 6L90
Stage II ProCharger D1X
760rwhp @ 14 PSI

post #36 of 39 Old March 24th, 2013, 03:12 PM
MM's Resident Male Nurse

Quote:

Reps man... well said.

Current Rides:

2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan - 6 speed manual (Black w/ black interior)
2007 Lincoln MKX AWD (Granite w/ black interior)

Past Rides:

2012 Mustang GT Premium
2005 Mustang GT
2005 Mustang V6
post #37 of 39 Old March 26th, 2013, 06:40 AM

Bump for a response.

MILITARY CREW
E-6
MA1(AW)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #38 of 39 Old March 26th, 2013, 12:03 PM
MM Fanatic

Crickets

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2006 Toyota Tacoma.
post #39 of 39 Old March 30th, 2013, 06:41 AM

Well, this is why people that think that way will never get it done. They see any resistance, and they bitch out.

MILITARY CREW
E-6
MA1(AW)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page