California Gun Laws - Wow - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old April 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

California Gun Laws - Wow

http://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/Publ...lert_41713.htm

Yesterday the Senate Public Safety Committee passed some of the most restrictive gun measures in the nation. The nine hour hearing was dedicated to one subject – guns. There were multiple pieces of legislation on the topic, few of them good for 2nd Amendment advocates. As a life–long hunter, sportsman and gun owner, I am working to protect our second amendment rights and these measures are bad news for law–abiding gun owners in California.

Here is a rundown of the legislation passed:

S.B. 53 (DeLeon D–Los Angeles) Dubbed the “ammo purchase permit bill”, this legislation would make it easier to track and profile you as a firearm owner by requiring a license for “ammunition vendors” and requiring a ‘purchase permit’ for any individual wishing to purchase ammunition in California. In addition, as condition of the permit, the purchaser would be required to annually pass a background check and pay a $50 fee. DOJ would issue both permits and be required to maintain the records of ammunition purchased and permits issued. All this and more….

S.B. 374 (Steinberg D–Sacramento) Ban on the sale of all semi–auto rifles, this bill would ban rimfire and centerfire semi–auto rifles with detachable magazines with fixed magazines over ten rounds.

S.B. No. 396 (Hancock D–Berkeley) Ban all magazines that hold more than ten rounds, regardless of the date acquired. A violation is punishable by imprisonment in a county of jail.

Senate Bill (S.B.) 108 (Yee D–SF) Requires ‘safe’ storage of firearms and lays out penalties for failure to store them properly. A one–sized fits all approach to safe storage is impractical and does not take into account the wide variety of people that own and safely store their firearms.

S.B. 293 (DeSaulnier D–Concord) Proposes any pistol or handgun sold in California to eventually be equipped with owner recognition technology.

S.B. 299 (DeSaulnier) Requires a 48 hour turnaround from a firearm owner discovering a firearm missing and reporting it (theft, loss or recovery) to local law enforcement. Failure to comply can result in fines and prison time.

S.B. 475 (Leno D–SF) Sets up additional hurdles for the Cow Palace to contract for a ’gun show‘ or other event at which a firearm or ammunitions is going to be sold on the property.

S.B. 47 (Yee D–SF) Modifies the statutory definition of “assault weapon” to include a firearm which is a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle or semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine (current law defines it as “has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine”) but has any one of the currently banned features. The bill would provide a registration period for the weapons and requires that registrations be submitted electronically.

S.B. 567 (Jackson D–Santa Barbara) Modifies the definition of “shotgun” to include new language specifying that shotguns may include firearms with rifled bores. (It appears the underlying intent of this bill is to ban two specific firearms which have a 5–shot rotating cylinder and can fire .410 GA. 3–inch Magnum shotshells, .410 GA. 2.5–inch shotshells and .45 Colt ammunition).

S.B. No. 755 (Wolk D–Davis) This bill adds a number of new misdemeanors to the list of offenses that result in a 10–year prohibition on firearm possession. According to the California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees, “SB 755 attempts to undermine fundamental civil rights by creating broad new classes of people ineligible to possess firearms.”

S.B. No. 683 (Block D– San Diego) Extends the existing law requirements for handgun safety certificates to all firearms (this includes purchase, transfer, loan, testing, etc.). This is essentially a “poll tax” or “license” to a constitutional right. This certificate essentially operates as a license. By enacting this we are simply adding more costs to owning a firearm and potentially excluding lower–income individuals from obtaining a method of self–defense.

Senator Berryhill represents the counties of Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Tuolumne. As a result of redistricting, he also services the needs of citizens from Amador, Calaveras, Inyo, Mono, Tulare and parts of Sacramento. For additional information about Senator Berryhill please visit his website at www.senate.ca.gov/berryhill or sign up for his monthly newsletter here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old April 18th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Thats some crazy shit!

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
post #3 of 35 Old April 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
All Homo All The Time

Cali is a joke, you live there you might as well bend over and take it like a man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old April 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Honestly, I'm glad California did this ( sorry CA residents ) because it will be a great trial period to show that excessive gun laws will not change crime figures and be an example for the rest of the US so we don't make the same mistake years down the road.
post #5 of 35 Old April 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast

And I just moved from San Diego... I feel sorry for my family and friends who all have plenty of firearms down there!

Always Clean Crew
MGW Shifter, Magnaflow Street Catback, Airaid CAI, Bama 91H Tune,
Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks,
Vogtland Springs, BMR Panhard Bar
post #6 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Co-Founder of GLPC

I'm getting so sick of this garbage. Look how it's mainly democratic states doing this stuff - it's bullshit. Sad how political parties boast about how their way is always the way to go, and people fall for it every time.

"To Conquer a Nation, One Must First Disarm it's Citizens."
-Hitler

See a trend?
post #7 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
I'm getting so sick of this garbage. Look how it's mainly democratic states doing this stuff - it's bullshit. Sad how political parties boast about how their way is always the way to go, and people fall for it every time.

"To Conquer a Nation, One Must First Disarm it's Citizens."
-Hitler

See a trend?
Comparing the U.S. to Hitler is just as Radical as the bills that's are trying to be passed in Cali.

Silver Sixxer Club
post #8 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Co-Founder of GLPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Comparing the U.S. to Hitler is just as Radical as the bills that's are trying to be passed in Cali.

Never did I once compare the U.S. to Hitler. But read the quote, then look at what's going on with gun laws right now. That's all I said. History repeats itself, unfortunately. There's an obvious trend, and so many people are sadly oblivious of it.
post #9 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
More average than ever

Ignorance at its finest.
post #10 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
That Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FF View Post
Honestly, I'm glad California did this ( sorry CA residents ) because it will be a great trial period to show that excessive gun laws will not change crime figures and be an example for the rest of the US so we don't make the same mistake years down the road.
As of chicago isn't a fine enough example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I would hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
post #11 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNmustang95 View Post
As of chicago isn't a fine enough example?

Maybe a second example will help make a point. The more examples you have the harder it is to dispute.

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
post #12 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Admanistrator

Send a message via AIM to v606er
Quote:
Modifies the statutory definition of “assault weapon” to include a firearm which is a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle or semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine (current law defines it as “has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine”) but has any one of the currently banned features. The bill would provide a registration period for the weapons and requires that registrations be submitted electronically.

wow.

You can't just change definitions to fit your idiotic ideals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #13 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
All sissies going to Hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post

No. It isn't. Anyone that tries to take power from their citizens is in the same category.

Infringing on our bill of rights is extremism. They were put there for a reason.

MILITARY CREW
E-6
MA1(AW)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #14 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Co-Founder of GLPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
No. It isn't. Anyone that tries to take power from their citizens is in the same category.

Infringing on our bill of rights is extremism. They were put there for a reason.
Thank you. +100000.
post #15 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 03:43 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Won't work. All they will do is say "Look! There's still violent crime! We need more gun control!"

Honestly, California sucks in every way shape and form. It's an out of control nanny-state. The inmates are running the asylum. At this point they might as well say "You know what? No guns for anybody, and you have to give all your money to us."
post #16 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Chicken Fucker

Well if everything passes I may head down to Cali to pick up some gun's and mag's at a steal. Hell, I have some family members who will give me some of their's just so they stay in the family. Cali's a great place to visit but I'll be damned before I move there.
post #17 of 35 Old April 19th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

This state is mad.

Exterior is all done. Now its time she gets force fed.
post #18 of 35 Old April 20th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Rent Asunder!

In Soviet Kommifornia, gun shoots you!
post #19 of 35 Old April 20th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Regular

Please forgive my ignorance, but what are rimfire and centerfire rifles? I seriously don't understand why it's on half the bills.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Or only one bill, whoops.
post #20 of 35 Old April 20th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Enthusiast

California, Nazi Germany same thing. Only thing that sucks is all the Californians leaving California because they fucked it up. They come to Nevada and proceed to fuck up Nevada the same as they did California?!?!?!? SUCKS! Pelosi IS A UGLY MAN WITH A HUGE DICK! Which he sticks in Harry Reid every night.

[SIGPIC]

I'M #2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/ammo-barn/300151-california-gun-laws-wow.html
Posted By For Type Date
California Gun Laws - Wow This thread Refback May 24th, 2013 02:18 PM