Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   Ammo Barn (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/ammo-barn/)
-   -   "Go Bag" Lovers? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/ammo-barn/314657-go-bag-lovers.html)

specknowsbest September 2nd, 2013 07:38 AM

"Go Bag" Lovers?

So, just out of general curiosity, does anyone here keep a "Go Bag" or a "SHTF" bag? I know it's been growing in popularity to actually keep one, hell, even I keep one outside of my normal "SHTF and gotta report" bag with all my military issued gear.

Better yet, what kind of gear do you guys like to keep around? I was "Lucky" enough to get a little bit of BDU gear back when I first joined on initial issue, so all of it fell off of my clothing record, which is awesome, because it means the Army doesn't want it anymore. So, obviously, my civilian go bag vs my Army go bag are going to be about the same, minus food, medical supplies and firearms.

So, how about you guys? Any badass SHTF bags or safes?

Greywolf September 2nd, 2013 09:26 PM

I've always had a SHTF bag. It's got all the basic's: Change of clothes, $3000 in cash, first aid kit, basic survival gear such as knife, rope, tent, fire starter, etc. My diabetic meds need refrigeration so I have a little cooler box to trow it all in and jump ship if I need to. I have 2 of the bags, one for home and one in my trunk. Trunk bag is almost identical minus the cash.

SlowbaltSS September 3rd, 2013 03:02 AM

I'll make one when I have spare cash. Only needs one thing, a velociraptor.

1RápidoZorro September 3rd, 2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 5582906)
I've always had a SHTF bag. It's got all the basic's: Change of clothes, $3000 in cash, first aid kit, basic survival gear such as knife, rope, tent, fire starter, etc. My diabetic meds need refrigeration so I have a little cooler box to trow it all in and jump ship if I need to. I have 2 of the bags, one for home and one in my trunk. Trunk bag is almost identical minus the cash.

$3k in cash? Where do you keep it? Lol

I don't but I have my backpacking packs hanging on a wall and all my gear in a cabinet next to it ( guns, knife, water filter, jet boil/food, GPS, ect... ) so it would only take me a minute to toss everything I needed into one and be out the door.

specknowsbest September 3rd, 2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowbaltSS (Post 5587409)
I'll make one when I have spare cash. Only needs one thing, a velociraptor.

If I could figure out how to rep you would totally be getting reps for this.

SlowbaltSS September 4th, 2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specknowsbest (Post 5588089)
If I could figure out how to rep you would totally be getting reps for this.

The "scales" icon.

johnnyt03gt September 4th, 2013 07:07 AM

i have one maxpedition sitka,

* sig P226 40cal with five full mags.
* two bottles of water.
* water Purification pills.
* two MRE's
* three cheap cigarette lighters.
* roll of 550 cord.
* space blanket.
* cheap poncho.
* basic first aid.
* Penicillin.
* gerber LMF2 survival knife.
* one pair dry socks.
* one small can of OFF spray.
* one small Suture Kit.
* one streemlight pro tac HL.
* one Leatherman wave multi tool.
* SOG machete attached outside of pack.
* one bottle of jack old no.7

Matt86 September 5th, 2013 03:11 AM

Eberlestock Lo Drag. Its just filled with medical supplies right now though. Awesome bag.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App